Reintroduction question

jennycash

Hi folks,

Finished my whole 30 on the 30th of August. Loved it! I've reintroduced some dairy (heavy cream, cheddar cheese, ice cream). Meh. No bad reactions but none of the things I've eaten we're all that great.

To the question: I'm wondering where I should introduce alcohol and white potato? I like red wine and, on occasion, these FABULOUS duck fat fries with rosemary, so I'd like to see how I respond to those two items. Which phase of the reintroduction should I test those out?

Thanks!

Jen

• Moderators

White potatoes will not cause any negative reactions. The reason they are out during the Whole30 is really two-fold. One is because you can do better - they are carb heavy and nutrition light. The other is as a corrective. Most of us eat too many potatoes and neglect other veggies. So you can eat them when you like, just remember you get more nutrition from most other veggies.

I'd say try the red wine when you aren't reintroducing anything else so you can judge its impact on your feelings, sleep, etc.

That is great to know about the white potatoes!! I had some yesterday and felt really bad about it.

The BF will be super happy to hear. We don't eat them very often but when we are out and about sometimes it is the only starch available. Thank you Tom for the clarification.

Archived