Questions about Reintroduction

• Moderators

Hi, @janieb -- I can't say for sure about the eggs, but it is possible that that's what you're reacting to. Reintroducing them at some point in the future sounds like a good plan. I have read different people in the forum say that if they have issues with soy, they also have issues with eggs from chickens that have been fed soy, but are fine if they find eggs from chickens that are not fed soy, or if they eat duck eggs instead. I don't know that that's going to be the case for you, but pay attention when you're doing soy or legume reintros and see if you have a similar reaction, and if you do, it might be worth trying different eggs at some point if you can.

Being extra hungry in the week leading up to your period is pretty normal. Don't be afraid to eat more than the template calls for if you need to. Try upping your starchy vegetables and fat servings for the week and see if that helps, but if you just need an extra meal (or two, or three) during this time, it's fine. Everything should go back to normal a day or two into your period, until next month when you get to do it again. If the cravings started around this time, they may be related to this as well, and eating more will probably help with them.

When you wake up hungry, if you can fall asleep without eating, that's fine. If you are so distracted by hunger that you need to get up and eat something, that's also fine. See what works for you. (Note that if you do have acid reflux or heartburn problems, eating and then laying down to sleep very soon after can cause issues with that.) 

Archived