Beginning re-intro May 27th

Gina S.

Good Morning everyone, 

Well the weekend was filled with celebrations, treats, and temptations! Friday evening I went out with a friend as we celebrated her 4th and last child graduating from High School and my first. I managed to have a glass and a half of wine and a small piece of pizza. Came home, had the urge to munch but worked through it and didn't, so Friday night was good. 

Saturday, we went out for Mexican after the graduation - I stayed away from the chips and salsa, had a delicious grilled chicken salad that I think was mostly compliant food, minus the corn - I skipped dessert so all in all not a bad day. 

Sunday - took my daughter to the movies and had to dip into the popcorn. It did taste good, but a few hrs later I did have some stomach cramps. The popcorn definitely triggered a snack attack, and I did start picking on things in the kitchen last night, including half a brownie. Knew I had to stay clear of the kitchen and thankfully I'm feeling fine this morning and 2 more pounds down.... 

I'm so thankful for the whole 30 and how it has taught me to navigate these weekends.  The "old me" would have easily over eaten all weekend and spent most of today in a food coma! 

Hope everyone else is well, would love to hear from all of you!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went and saw Mad Max yesterday with a friend, and since we had coupons for free popcorn I had to have some.  Not sure if it was that, or the beer I had with it (NOT gluten free) but my GI issues were back this morning. No more movie theater popcorn for me! No matter how good it smells it's just not worth it.

Susabella, you are doing so well! Congratulations on your insights and your loss. :D

So, grabbed a small handful of dry-roasted peanuts today for a snack before I go work out, and 20 minutes later I had an ocular migraine! I'd say that's a fairly strong reaction! LOL!  Nothing else was non-compliant today so it had to be the peanuts.  Or one heck of a coincidence. :)

Good morning, 

Yes, I guess no peanuts for you!! I've been sticking to whole 30 since my snack attack last weekend and feeling good this week. I'm happy to say I haven't really found any foods that cause me physical issues, but I definitely have an emotional reaction to snack food lol. Getting ready to head out of town for a short trip - next Monday - Thursday. Very nervous about it because I know eating out and being around friends and family will definitely be challenging. But, this is real life and I'm sure there will always be situations like this so time to learn how to navigate!!  If you don't see me on here next week just know that I'm unplugged for a few days, but will be back. Thinking about joining the July Whole30 but I do have another small trip planned around a family reunion in the middle of July so I may have to do a whole15. 

Have a great day!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I spent mine shopping and prepping/cooking - getting ready to start my 2nd W30. I was going to start today, but decided to open one last bottle of good wine first. That will be gone by Tuesday latest so I can start with the Official July 1 group.  Since I won't be introducing anything back in (obviously) I'm going to stop posting over here. Best of luck to you all!

I'm glad my body has cleaned up, but honestly, it's just nice to sit on the deck in the summer and have a cocktail. So, I'll be looking for new, virgin ways to make them for a while now.

Have you tried RW Knudsen juices mixed with sparkling water?  I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but a 50/50 ratio of juice and seltzer is a wonderful summer drink, with or without alcohol.  They are 100% juice, no sugar, and most have no added junk.

http://www.rwknudsenfamily.com/products/natural-juices

Not sure who is still around reading this thread, but wanted to post after my short trip. I definitely allowed myself to indulge in some treats while I was away, but I maintained control and didn't go completely overboard. This is a hugh accomplishment and I really feel like this is the mindset I will continue with. Came home and still lost 2lbs this week, making my total weight loss 40 lbs - 20 before whole 30, 10 during the "actual whole30" and another 10 post whole 30. I still have a good 20 lbs to go and for the first time in a long time weight loss is not my ultimate goal. Being happy, healthy and feeling good is .... and I know the things I have learned from whole 30 will continue to guide my choices for the rest of my life. 

May do another "strict" Whole30 in September when the kids go back to school. Will continue to look for you lovely ladies in the forums!!

Happy Independence Day to All!!

Archived