JenX's Post-W30 Log

JenX

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meal 3 @6:30- steamed broccoli with EVOO, marinated flank steak (1.5 palms) bit of sauerkraut. I thought I didn't want steak but the minute I ate the first bit I devoured it!

Had about 85 oz water and kombucha too today. Feeling much better - over the effects of the soy.

Up at 6:30

Meal 1 at 7:15 - 3 fried eggs, hash brown potatoes, sautéed kale, mushroom and onion.

Exercise- 5 mile walk @ 17:00/mi pace.

pWO- 2 bites pork and 2 bites yam. Coffee.

Meal 2 @ taco salad ( see yesterday) + the rest of the hash browns.

Meal3 @ leftover pork done carnitas style, plantains, b.sprouts,garlic avocado line mayo.

I also snacked today on a box of raspberries

Lots of tea/ la croix and kombucha. Not a lot of water. Mouth was bored of water today I guess so got it from other sources.

Sweating to death in the kitchen today. Made shepherds pie, seared chicken breast, baked chicken quarters and wings, and more turkey taco meat. Oh, and I'm starving! Guess I should eat some of this. Too hot for hot food though so looks like taco salad.

Go Jen! 

I blew my reintroduction. Back to Whole30 for at least 7 days, if not longer.  Then I will reintroduce as planned.  :)

Not "liking" that you did it, but "liking" your solution. :)  yes! get back on for 7 days or until you feel totally (new) normal and carry on.  You'll do fine. I can sense your determination through my computer. :ph34r:

I'm feeling really good and settled in.  I was chatting with my sister (she's just finishing her 2nd w30 this week) and we've agreed it's pretty much become habit now.  My mind isn't ceaselessly searching for old foods. I'm not saying there won't be days where that happens, but I DO feel differently this time around compared to #1 and I can't really explain it. I guess it's more that I've adopted this for life now... I thought I felt in control at the end of #1 but compared to how I feel right now, that was more of a forced control, like I *CAN* do this, instead of I really *PREFER* this. Words fail...

Anyway, I'm still on schedule. 100% compliant Saturday and Sunday. Compliance planned for today. Tomorrow is HH w/ J & K and I've given myself permission to drink, or to not drink depending on how I feel. Just because my schedule says reintroduce alcohol on Tuesday doesn't mean I have to. I can skip that one if I don't feel like it and tack it on to the end.  After all, I already know the effects of wine on my system.  :P

...I am so sore from my 5 mile walk, its a joke! I was shocked this morning.  Next weekend we'll shoot for 7 miles, and the following will be 10 miles. Then on the 23rd I have a half marathon. it seems strange to build distance walking like I would if I was running, but I guess the principles are the same - and it is helping me to build strength in my ankle, foot and shin so when I can start running again my gait will be normal...hopefully.

Awake at 6 this morning...thanks cats. :angry:

Meal 1@ 6:45 - turkey taco meat + yams + kale. this really is becoming my fav breakfast I think!

Pre-WO @ 11, 1 hb egg

Workout @ noon - walking. will try to get outdoors for an hour. 4 miles (1:03). God my butt hurts! LOL!

Meal 2 @ 1:30 - chicken salad (1 palm of chicken, 1.5 thumbs mayo), salad greens

Meal 3 @ 6:30 pm - Shepherd's pie (topping is 1/2 potato, 1/2 cauliflower, filling is lamb, carrots, onion, kale, & shredded cauliflower) I used 1 lb of raw lamb to make the casserole so am thinking it should be  3-4 servings for the whole thing. Usually when I cook a pound of ground turkey I make that 3 servings of protein.  Fuzzy math... Not sure if an additional veg is needed with this pie since it's so loaded but will include some broccoli or something if I need it. Also, there is only about 2 thumbs of fat in the whole thing between the mash and the filling so may need to include a serving if I stretch this to 4.

Shepards pie sounds amazing! That is going on the list for freezer meals for sure! Dbl batch of course so I can try it too.

Your plan seems to be working out so well, you have been the inspiration for my plan/schedule.I think to treat reintros with the same "rules" as whole30 sets people up for success. It's a good Segway for riding our own bikes.

Making hard and fast rules for the reintroduction period seems to be making all the difference with me this time. Last time, with my supposed slow-roll, I had too much gray area/too much freedom, and I just don't do well with that. I have a hard time with moderation, but I'm a very good rule-follower. 

Shepherd's pie - food network, alton brown's recipe - to DIE for! His seasonings are just dead on. Enjoy!

Meal 1 @ 7 - yams turkey taco meat & kale with 1/2 avo

Meal 2  - chicken breast from home, mayo/avo/cilantro dressing from home, salad from work salad bar (greens, spinach, veg, blk olive, bit of hb egg). 1 serving of almonds. Kombucha

Meeting the girls at Rush Street at 5. There will or will not be drinks. Drinks if they happen will be gluten free. Any food I get there will be compliant or i'll wait to eat when I get home. :D

I get to get my 8 week x-ray today to see how the break has healed. I'm very hopeful he'll bump up my timeline for starting to run again. Although I am SO SORE from walking the past 2 days I should probably keep on with that!. I'm feeling it in my hips and butt in particular, which are areas that need massive toning. I think it's from walking as fast as I have been. My theory is if I have to walk my 1/2 marathon race on the 23rd I don't want to be there all day, so need to go close to 4mph as I can. Yesterday I maintained 3.8 for 4 miles so not to shabby.  My more normal walking pace is like 3.3mph.

well, no acceleration to the timeline. Still no running until after my week 12 xray. Oh well. I shall embrace walking and will start strength training again.  I think I can make it through most of class too, so long as I keep it low-impact.

Bah! well some part of my lizard brain is overly excited about having some wine tonight.  It's started it's little whisper...you know, if you're already going to "be bad" and have wine, you may as well eat (blah, blah, blah). It hasn't gotten adamant about what to eat, just niggling, wanting a reward of something, anything.  Maybe that means I shouldn't have that wine tonight after all.  I don't know.  OR by not having it, will I set myself up for right proper binge because I've then denied my inner 2-year old?  I will most likely go ahead because I really do want some, but I will have to shut down tight on that lizard brain's wants/desires. It will have to be content with what I provide. Not a thing else.

Okay so we split a bottle nod NZ SB between the 3 of us. I wasnt at all tempted to have more or order food. I also noticed that after just under a glass it didn't taste as good. Started out nice but got too acidic. And I don't really like the taste in my mouth right now. I know from past experience the more I drink the less all this bothers me so making a note now. I also have a touch of acid reflux.

Bah! well some part of my lizard brain is overly excited about having some wine tonight.  It's started it's little whisper...you know, if you're already going to "be bad" and have wine, you may as well eat (blah, blah, blah). It hasn't gotten adamant about what to eat, just niggling, wanting a reward of something, anything.  Maybe that means I shouldn't have that wine tonight after all.  I don't know.  OR by not having it, will I set myself up for right proper binge because I've then denied my inner 2-year old?  I will most likely go ahead because I really do want some, but I will have to shut down tight on that lizard brain's wants/desires. It will have to be content with what I provide. Not a thing else.

SO RELIEVED to know I am not the only one who has this type of conversation going on in their head from time to time!

Thanks guys! Isn't the inner dialogue crazy sometime?! All that worry and internal discussion and fretting, and it all turned out fine. Back to compliance today and tomorrow and then on to legumes for Friday. I like how my schedule has lined up, forcing me to stay compliant on weekends. Weekends are always more difficult for me so that's a very good thing, helping to reinforce the better behavior.

Feeling good this morning, but a little more tired than normal. That could be the wine, or it could be because I was up too late last night/got up early this morning.

Meal 1: 4 scrambled eggs in clarified butter, mushrooms, kale, bacon,fresh tomatoes. couldn't eat it all - happens every time I try to do 4 eggs instead of 3. You'd think I'd learn!

Meal 2: chicken salad, red bell pepper strips, cucumber slices, pistachios

Snack: GT's gingerberry

Meal 3: shepherd's pie and leftover B.Sprouts. Mayo

've noticed I'm extra snacky today.  I *really* want to "treat" myself to something and I am NOT hungry in the slightest - I ate less than 2 hrs ago. I am a bit bored (work is slow) but I don't think that is it, at least not only it. I think it may be residual sugar dragon effects of last night's foray into wine. I guess I'll get outdoors and take a bit of a walk - I have an hour before the boss lands so won't be missed.

I'm a little behind on water, maybe that's part of it.  Perhaps I'll walk over to the nearby store and grab a GT's.

Sticking to my scheduled, so compliant yesterday and will be today.

Meal 1 @ 7 - yams turkey taco meat & kale

Pre WO - 1 hb egg (at 12:30)

Workout - 45 minutes walking at 4.0 average (3.44 miles)

Meal 2 - shepherd's pie

Meal 3 - beef burgers (palm size x 2), bella mushrooms, roasted potato wedges, tomato, onion, dill pickle, mayo, mustard.

Either W30 is really messing with my period or I'm fully into peri-menopause...either/both are possible. Last period was 10 day late (with 2 full weeks of PMS at the start of my last W30) and now, I'm having a 2nd only 2 weeks later. I usually flow massively for 24 hrs and then it slows dramatically. This one is a much steadier rate of flow and it's been 3 days so far. No cramping, not overly tired or hungry, not craving. Very little in the way of PMS either. Makes me wonder what the next one will bring.

have had ibs issues since the soy, but that's b/c I kept getting into the almonds. Yesterday I had pistachios and today, no problems. Maybe those are a better nut choice for me, eh? No nuts at all today so we'll see.

So, toying with the idea of signing up for next year's LA marathon.  This would be my 3rd. I have at least one friend (the Ironman) who is already going to sign up and another 2 possible. I guess it will depend on how my foot feels when I start training again.  Partly my theory is if I'm doing the Rebel Challenge in January (10k on Saturday, 1/2 marathon on Sunday) I should already be way up on my mileage - wouldn't take much to bump up to full distance for February -it's on Valentines day next year. 

I always swore I would never run it b/c it's too large/too many people but now that  I've run some really big half marathons (LV RnR - 40,000 people!) I don't think it would bother me as much.  I don't know.... I still have time so will continue to think on it.

LA marathon weather so bad this past race. You should head up to Monterey and do Big Sur! Georgeous up there. I lived there about a year and a half!

Its either been raining or sweltering hot the last 3 years so for 2016 they're moving it from mid- March to  mid-Feb.  Feb weather is usually okay, and more predictable although there is a bigger chance for rain. Especially if we're headed into el Nino as they are starting to project.

Would love to do Big Sur too, and SF. they're on my list. :D 

I'm supposed to do legumes tomorrow but am a bit afraid of possible effects. I know they give me gas if I'm not eating them regularly. Not having with breakfast. Will decide at work if I want to do lunch & dinner or push to the weekend.

Archived