Small successes in social situations

ericaa

Hi all - I am on day 10 today and loving the whole30. Already starting to see noticeable, non-scale victories!!

While I have not completed my first whole30 yet, and don't have any major news of dropping pounds/inches, dropping medications, etc, I felt this was a major success and I wanted to share with you:

Days 5-7, I spent at an out-of-town bachelorette party for my dear friend (who's wedding comes just after day 30)!

The ENTIRE TIME I was able to stay whole30 compliant, even in an environment where intense drinking is the norm (all of my friends were pretty wasted most of the time). Also, I saved so much money by not buying drinks!! I have certainly gained an appreciation for soda water and lime. One bar we went to had a variety of fruits so I tried orange and pineapple in my soda water as well - variety is the spice of life, my friends!

Another friend brought these adorable cookies shaped like bras and panties, and I was able to enjoy the visual, but not the taste. Didn't even think twice about munching on one, even when everyone else was constantly picking at them.  :)

As long as your friends are ones who you can stand to be around when they are wasted and you are not, I am here to tell you all, it is POSSIBLE!!!  ;)

Share your small successes too!! Every baby step leads us to somewhere bigger !!!

Archived