Trying again starting May 28th

kimmysticks

HI Farah  :)

Kimmy, sounds like a really good dinner. Good job on being out and sticking to it!

My day 3 was good. I experimented a bit in the kitchen and it went well for me. 

I will be painting my mom's living room and she is no fan of anything that restricts so here's to being strong. It is MY choice what I eat and no one else..

Today I did feel quite sluggish.  :(

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim - would you post the buffalo chicken wrap recipe? Sounds like something my husband would like. He is not doing the whole 30 with me, but is eating what I eat with a few additions.

Sure thing!

Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Makes 2 large or 4 small servings

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs

2 teaspoons chipotle powder

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Sea salt and black pepper to taste

2 tablespoons coconut oil

1 head of butter lettuce (or other variety)

1 avocado, sliced

1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved

2 tablespoons chopped green onions

Have a favorite hot sauce? Substitute 1 tablespoon in place of the chipotle powder, garlic powder and onion powder.

Slice the chicken thighs into 1/4 inch strips. Toss the chicken in a mixing bowl with the chipotle powder, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt and black pepper.

In a skillet over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and then place the chicken thighs in the skillet. Cook for approximately 5-10 minutes, turning occasionally until the chicken is white all the way through.

Serve in lettuce cups and top with sliced avocado, halved cherry or grape tomatoes and chopped green onions.

I personally use chicken breast, Frank's Red Hot and omit the green onions but that's just me!

Crickets  :mellow:

How is everyone doing?

Day 5

I feel pretty good despite a disappointment with a pork roast in the crock pot. DRY and boring. Meh...onto the next dish.

I put salsa on a salad yesterday and I was in heaven!!!!!!!

I had my daughter read the ingredients list over and over on the salsa just to make sure it was compliant. :)

Kimmysticks, thank you for the response! I don't even know how to respond the way you guys are to a direct response, sorry I'm new....  I just wanted to ask a few questions. First, I have not given up, I remained loyal over the weekend and am proud of that! However, I was almost unable to even get out of bed this morning. I feel completely exhausted and foggy. I felt even nervous driving :(   Does this go away soon? I'm tempted to call my doctor for a B12 shot, is this allowed??? I will say, I'm not hungry, not having cravings, though my morning coffee tastes awful black!  No other symptoms other than I am SO TIRED. Any suggestions?? Again, this is my first detox ever, and I'm 45. That's alot of years dependent on sugar I guess.

No problem VegasNative! If you want to directly quote someone's post, click on the little Quote button on the bottom right of the post. I wish I could give you an answer about your tiredness, but I don't have one! Perhaps a more seasoned member can chime in on that one. I know I personally have felt a little tired here and there so far, but nothing like you're describing. As for your coffee, have you tried adding any compliant ingredients to it yet? I have been having mine with unsweetened coconut milk and sprinkles of cinnamon and nutmeg. It's not like it used to be, but I do like it and find it grows on me more each day.

Overall I'm psyched we're on Day 5 already. Having 25 more in front of us IS a little scary sounding but like I said before, I'm trying to avoid thinking of large chunks of time as a negative. I can already see why I got burned out on avocados/guacamole the last time, which sounds impossible but it happened, haha. I'm tempted to eat them/it so much because I am comfortable with it, but at the same time I think I need to scale back a tiny bit so I avoid burnout again. I was feeling a tiny bit of food boredom already last night, wondering what I would pick up today at the store to keep things lively...but I found a few recipes online and in my books that should hopefully keep things interesting. Onwards!

No problem VegasNative! If you want to directly quote someone's post, click on the little Quote button on the bottom right of the post. I wish I could give you an answer about your tiredness, but I don't have one! Perhaps a more seasoned member can chime in on that one. I know I personally have felt a little tired here and there so far, but nothing like you're describing. As for your coffee, have you tried adding any compliant ingredients to it yet? I have been having mine with unsweetened coconut milk and sprinkles of cinnamon and nutmeg. It's not like it used to be, but I do like it and find it grows on me more each day.

Overall I'm psyched we're on Day 5 already. Having 25 more in front of us IS a little scary sounding but like I said before, I'm trying to avoid thinking of large chunks of time as a negative. I can already see why I got burned out on avocados/guacamole the last time, which sounds impossible but it happened, haha. I'm tempted to eat them/it so much because I am comfortable with it, but at the same time I think I need to scale back a tiny bit so I avoid burnout again. I was feeling a tiny bit of food boredom already last night, wondering what I would pick up today at the store to keep things lively...but I found a few recipes online and in my books that should hopefully keep things interesting. Onwards!

Thanks for the help on replies  ;)  I'm determined not to give up and having others here doing it as well sure helps! I copied your new recipe, I love lettuce wraps and chipotle. I will try adding the coconut and cinnamon tomorrow morning, anything is better than black, haha!  

I'm happy we're on Day 5 as well! I'm trying to just take 1 day at a time, sometimes 1 hour!  :(  I know once I can get some energy back I will look more forward to new recipes too...thanks so much for all your posts, they really help!

I posted on the log board and I cannot find it at all.

There is a LisaPT2 post...but where is my first one that is just LisaPT??

:wacko:

Wish I could help, but I'm totally lost on how to do anything here! Haha...hoping on Day 7 I can think clearly again  :blink:

• Administrators

Kimmysticks, thank you for the response! I don't even know how to respond the way you guys are to a direct response, sorry I'm new....  I just wanted to ask a few questions. First, I have not given up, I remained loyal over the weekend and am proud of that! However, I was almost unable to even get out of bed this morning. I feel completely exhausted and foggy. I felt even nervous driving :(   Does this go away soon? I'm tempted to call my doctor for a B12 shot, is this allowed??? I will say, I'm not hungry, not having cravings, though my morning coffee tastes awful black!  No other symptoms other than I am SO TIRED. Any suggestions?? Again, this is my first detox ever, and I'm 45. That's alot of years dependent on sugar I guess.

Hi VegasNative,

Can you post a couple days worth of food as a new thread in the Troubleshooting forum as these group threads can be very long and it can be really hard for the mods to keep up. We can take a look at your meals etc and see if anything stands out. It can be as simple as upping your meal quantity or adding starchy veggies.  Start a thread and we'll come take a look.

(include portions as they relate to your palm/thumb) fluids, stress, sleep and anything else relevant we might need to know)

Hi VegasNative,

Can you post a couple days worth of food as a new thread in the Troubleshooting forum as these group threads can be very long and it can be really hard for the mods to keep up. We can take a look at your meals etc and see if anything stands out. It can be as simple as upping your meal quantity or adding starchy veggies.  Start a thread and we'll come take a look.

(include portions as they relate to your palm/thumb) fluids, stress, sleep and anything else relevant we might need to know)

Yes, of course, thank you!

Good morning all. Things are going pretty good but due to PMS I had a bit too much fruit the last couple of days. I hope to get a handle on it and go back to just fruit on salad. I have to say though the watermelons have been so delicious lately, just perfect. It is hard not to over-enjoy fruit when it is summer and it is abundant and juicy and delicious!

Day 6 is good for me.

Last night I was so tired in my last hour of work I was worried I wasn't going to make it.

I have a log on the log forum now. I am recording my world there lol.

I find writing thoughts on food out and thoughts on how this all feels, really helpful.

I hear you on the watermelon! I bought some the other day and it is goooooood. I got really tired last night as well! I feel like this has been a trend since day 2. I wonder when it will pass? Feeling pretty good today anyhow despite some gross rain outside.

Day 7 - yeah! Worried about 10-11; timeline says these are the worst days, and I'll be by myself with our two young kids. Happy thoughts please! Also, should I be worried that I'm eating too much fruit? Yesterday I had a banana at breakfast, an apple at lunch and some dried apple rings for dessert. No fruit yet today, but planning on mixed fruit for lunch.

Alli, me too!!! i keep thinking day 10 and 11 are coming which is great but...I read those are the hard days too and frequently quit.

I think....better to be armed with that knowledge though!!!!

WE can do it!!!

I hear you guys! We've made it this far though, would be a shame to tank on those days. We def. can do it!

I had one of those "non-scale victories" today. I'm a runner, but haven't run in 3 weeks due to being on vacation and then just being lazy/crappy weather. After not running that long you can lose a bit of your stamina/speed/etc. So I had that in my brain, along with the worry that the Whole 30 would make me even weaker once I started running again. But to my surprise, I started off with more energy than before! At the end of the 3 miles I ended up at about the same pace give or take a few seconds than I was before my little hiatus. I'm happy not to have been lying in a ditch on the side of the trail :)

I can't believe it's been a week!

I hear you about the running at least the not being able to do it part. I have had a foot injury that is keeping me from running and I miss it so much. I have been trying swimming and biking but not a lot of consistency going on there. I will be interested to see at the end of June how I fair when I am able to get out and start slowly running again. I have been trying to focus on strength training so I hope to have the muscle tone just have to work to get my aerobic capacity back.

I feel like I am doing pretty good, not tired accept for normal reasons like my dog and cat kept waking me up all night! I am not craving sweets too much and now that pms is over I am returning to normal fruit intake. I really hope I can permanently slay my sugar dragon after these 60 days I am so tired of being a slave to sugar cravings. I know I eat emotionally so I am tryng to work on that one.

I hope everyone is doing great and don't psych yourselves out about day 10 and 11. We can get through it and come out on the other side stronger than before.

I woke up feeling great today! 

I let myself sleep in because I work late tonight.

I really feel some things are changing in my body. 

How do I say this without giggling like I am in grade 4....I believe there has been hormonal imbalances in me that I was chalking up to peri menopause. I I believed a lack of desire went with that....enough said?

At risk of even more tmi but come on,  we all gotta go...BM's seem to be back. hahahahaha yay! 

Meh, It's all natural.  :P

When I look in the mirror at my face I can't tell if it looks different or if I am just happy.  :D

Day 8 is good.

• Administrators

Lisa, sex drive returning is more common than I think people report.  Just this week we've had a few ladies remarking on how all of a sudden sex is great again or that they are in the mood again.  Yay!

Hey y'all! So I started right around the same time (May 26) and thought I'd see how all of you are doing? Yesterday and today (days 9&10) have proved to be the most difficult yet. I have been doing really well, but now anything I can have just isn't appealing whatsoever. The crazy thing tho is that I am not really craving anything particular either. I am sure I could go for some chocolate though. Haha! I have friends who have recently completed 30 days and they said this is a hump I need to get over. The other part is that I have to wait until tomorrow (pay day) to buy new things to eat. That'll help!

Archived