Trying again starting May 28th

kimmysticks

Chiming in... ;)   I was feeling quite good yesterday, but back to being a little groggy today. I don't feel bad, just sort of melancholy I guess. I did have a major burst of energy last night and cleaned baseboards, bathrooms and all windows though... Maybe that's why I'm tired again! haha! I'm not thinking about day 10 & 11, I just keep telling myself "you got this!"  I take one hour at a time haha!

Interesting about the sex drive thing, I'll be hoping for that!! :P  Overall, so happy to be still here, and CONGRATS to everyone! WE GOT THIS! 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelly, injuries are the worst! I have hurt myself a couple times over the year and a half or so that I've been running and it is a real buzzkill. A week or so before my vacation, I did a half and I did something funky to the top/inside of my foot under my 4th toe...it's hard to describe. Almost like a pinched nerve feeling? Not that I know what the feels like haha. It's not what I'd call an injury, but it did feel kind of weird after running yesterday. My last "real" injury was my ankle, which I hurt in the middle of a 5k. It was my first and only DNF :( And it happened right before I was supposed to start seriously training for my first half! Ah well. I managed to get better in time and finish the half feeling good, so I was not unhappy in the long run. I have the NYC Marathon in November (!!) so no more injuries for me from here on out I hope!

So psyched everyone is feeling good! I have been a little crabbier than usual at times for the past 2 days. It could be PMS on its way combined with this, who knows. Still feeling good and that late day fatigue I was feeling is waning to almost nothing now...

Kelly, injuries are the worst! I have hurt myself a couple times over the year and a half or so that I've been running and it is a real buzzkill. A week or so before my vacation, I did a half and I did something funky to the top/inside of my foot under my 4th toe...it's hard to describe. Almost like a pinched nerve feeling? Not that I know what the feels like haha. It's not what I'd call an injury, but it did feel kind of weird after running yesterday. My last "real" injury was my ankle, which I hurt in the middle of a 5k. It was my first and only DNF :( And it happened right before I was supposed to start seriously training for my first half! Ah well. I managed to get better in time and finish the half feeling good, so I was not unhappy in the long run. I have the NYC Marathon in November (!!) so no more injuries for me from here on out I hope!

So psyched everyone is feeling good! I have been a little crabbier than usual at times for the past 2 days. It could be PMS on its way combined with this, who knows. Still feeling good and that late day fatigue I was feeling is waning to almost nothing now...

What is a DNF? I hope it's not something super obvious lol. Ohhh just got it DUH- I am running on low sleep and should prob just head for bed. Yeah that sucks. I am super impressed you are doing the NYC Marathon; I don't think I can do that distance; halves are hard enough. Good Luck with training for it!

What is a DNF? I hope it's not something super obvious lol. Ohhh just got it DUH- I am running on low sleep and should prob just head for bed. Yeah that sucks. I am super impressed you are doing the NYC Marathon; I don't think I can do that distance; halves are hard enough. Good Luck with training for it!

Thanks, I'm gonna need it :D

Man, I'm sitting here this morning, and all I really want is my old usual bowl of mini frosted shredded wheat! Ahh! I will not cave in - but this is one of the first times I'm really wanting something non-compliant. Eggs and bacon...I can't even look at you. Ha!! 

Happy day 9 everyone!

Happy day 9  :)

Melancholy ..Vegas native used that word and that is a good word to describe many of my days. Not a high or a low but when I realize how many days have past I feel quite happy. I do spend time contemplating all the good that has occurred. It is exciting. I KNOW I am seeing a change in my body. When i first get up I look in the mirror and I just look different and feel my stance is different. It sure beats using the scale!

I did weigh myself the day before I started but I am thinking I will do another whole 30 as soon as I am done this one and not weigh myself in between. My reason Is to avoid a feeling of frustration and defeat. it just seems like too big a gamble mentally for me-ya know what I mean? I know me and if I see a number that I think is too low I know I will be discouraged. 

I really didn't think I had it in me to do this. I just hoped I did. I believe in me. I know what I'm like though. Being aware of familiar obstacles and having this board and especially knowing a time limit of 30 days are just tremendous help. 

I have discovered new foods I LOVE to the point I thought this morning...will I therefore make it a forbidden food with the curse of my adoration ?? LOL

Day 9 and I am excited!

Oh and....last night at work I packed a really hearty dinner for myself and that is the first time I was full all the way from eating at 6:30 through the shift and on to bed at 12:30! Now that was a first! It was the sweet potato medallion I packed, I think. Carb -I am teachable  :P

Today is a the start of my weekend and I am sitting at my table enjoying coffee (black) and feeling satisfied from my breakfast of sauteed asparagus, red pepper and Italian sausage with a crispy fried egg on top.

I received a call out of the blue from my ex and it reminds me that this challenge is so doable- sugar is nothing compared to the struggle it was to get clean and sober; my ex is still an addict and he is suffering so much. Not to say that this is easy because I know that sugar is addictive I just need to remind myself of how strong I am in the face of an addictive substance. I quit drugs, alcohol and cigarettes and a 20 year relationship. I had to rid myself of these things completely ( accept for the ex as I feel safe knowing he is far away and a talk now and then is okay) so does that mean I have to rid myself of sugar completely, no fruit? I shall see. That is why I am giving myself 60 days of this program this time around; to allow myself the chance to slowly cut down on the fruit to see if I can have it in my diet or if it results in unhealthy compulsive eating.

I really love this forum for being able to say what is going on and feeling completely safe here. I have already formed a kind of attachment to the members here. Everyone seems so open and honest about where they are at and I dig that!

It is a bit cool and cloudy today- a wonderful day for a hike along the lake with my dog Dexter :) Have a great day!

On another note I can't seem to get my smiley faces to appear; the icons won't work- anyone else having this problem?

Day 10.

how is everyone doing?

I dreamed I accidendly put something wrong in my mouth and just as the book prophesied ....scared me. lol

The worst thing I did today on my hump of a day 10 is not eat within an hour of waking.

Really upset with my kids. Such is life.

I am barely salting food now!!! I prefer pepper and salsa on some things! This is a good thing right!!!!?

Also....my need for fruit has diminished-wth???

I have always had a huge sugar dragon so this must be a good sign.

I look forward to eating. This is the first time trying to make a life change that the food I make makes me excited! Um....I have a rebellious thing about me that I have to invent my own recipes so that has worked against me. I always thought things had to be bland. My daughter saw one plate of food I made and said I should open a paleo restaurant lol....nice compliment. The look was great, the content and the taste!!!!

Again i say writing is therapeutic for me because if you read my first post and then this one the tone changes to a very positive one. I have to hash over all that is good and it works for me.

Apparently I have time on my hands on the weekend  :P

I just got home from work. Feel good.

When I was there I knew I needed carbs but there was nothing I could do.

I will bring stuff next time.

Day 10 is almost over! I went to a family party at my mother's house today and didn't eat anything, which wasn't too challenging, really. I thought it might be but I wasn't tempted by anything. Oh, except the rainbow cookies she had for dessert, ha. But I ate lunch beforehand and cooked myself a taco salad when I got home, so I was fine. I haven't been too affected by the 10-12 day slump thing yet, I'll see how it goes for the next couple days. I don't know if I really see any changes yet, but I also have my period (TMI sorry!) so that could be throwing me off. Perhaps my gut has diminished a little...:D Day 11 here we come!

DAY 11!

Surprisingly enough I have a period. WTH? LOL. Thought maybe I was done. Maybe my body is happy though and acting as it should.

I had a wonderful breakfast that was cookbook worthy and showed and then shared with my boyfriend. He was impressed. (he is going out for breakfast later or i would have made him one)

I don't see any stumbling. My worst enemy at this point is my own moods. I think I will be fine though.

Day 11 already? I had a nice weekend, went on a long hike with my boyfriend and our dog and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I felt strong on the steep climbs, my foot hurting just a little last night so on went the ice pack.

I had the craziest dream that I ate my poor little doggie with whipped cream and caramel sauce on top. The dream was so vivid and unsettling- good Lord! my own dog.

OH MY GOSH SUE!!!! lol wow that's is bizarre!

I dreamed I ate Chinese food..can't remember the rest now cept that it was NOT good.

Day 12  :D 

I feel good.

How is everyone else doing?

Good Afternoon Everyone!  I have to say I've been so frustrated since last Friday... My password stopped working to log in here, and when I clicked on Forgot my password, it sent me a new one and then locked me out! UGH!! Some nice lady at headquarters fixed it today so I'm back, :D  haha!! 

Sooo, the one who said Day 10 and 11 would be difficult was NOT KIDDING. I was so extremely moody my husband grabbed his golf clubs and said "see ya!"

LOL. I will admit, I truly wanted to bite everyone's head off. I made it through the weekend without going to jail however and today I'm feeling GREAT!!! YAY!! Finally! :D  I'm having no cravings, more energy and I'm not foggy, and glad to see everyone is still here and going strong! WE GOT THIS!

Has anyone tried the enchilada recipe? I'm thinking of making that tonight and just wondering. Spicy sounds good  :P

Have a great day!

Good morning everyone. Doing okay but still having really strong sugar cravings. I hate to have to cut out fruit but I may have to for a while. Maybe I will go one week with out and see if that has helped.

Vegas Native- I had that happen during my first W30. We were at the Home Depot and I felt this rage; I felt like picking up a fence post (we were shopping fencing) and whacking my boyfriend with it. I had gotten too hungry and felt better after I ate but it was a scary feeling. I made sure to get enough to eat from that point on, esp. if we were going to be away from home.

Breakfast today is broccoli, pork and scrambled eggs. I am so happy my boyfriend has an "egg man" at work; $2.50 a dozen for farm fresh eggs!

Have a good one!

Such violent thoughts! LMBO!!!!! Oh so funny. Glad no one was killed vegas and Sue!

day 13. I am happy to be here.

I really feel for you sugar cravings Sue. You can make it thru. Read in troubeshooting maybe.

I find I am not hungry in the morn. I am eating anyway for fuel.

Near the end of the day I can be exhausted if I don't eat enough at dinner and being as I work late evenings I HAVE to get this understood in my head and be prepared!

Good morning everyone. Doing okay but still having really strong sugar cravings. I hate to have to cut out fruit but I may have to for a while. Maybe I will go one week with out and see if that has helped.

Vegas Native- I had that happen during my first W30. We were at the Home Depot and I felt this rage; I felt like picking up a fence post (we were shopping fencing) and whacking my boyfriend with it. I had gotten too hungry and felt better after I ate but it was a scary feeling. I made sure to get enough to eat from that point on, esp. if we were going to be away from home.

Breakfast today is broccoli, pork and scrambled eggs. I am so happy my boyfriend has an "egg man" at work; $2.50 a dozen for farm fresh eggs!

Have a good one!

Very relieved to hear my mood swings are somewhat normal! I'm a little low on energy today again, but I know I didn't eat enough last night so I'm going to try and make up for it today. I'm having those horrible leg cramps at night though, any idea how to stop them? I've tried to slip in a banana a day, but it's not helping....  :o

Vegas native-I am no authority but spinach and kale have potassium...a bit more than a banana and potassium is good for those muscle cramps I believe.

I use spinach as lettuce in salads. I throw it in the pan before my eggs as well making a frittata.

Vegas native-I am no authority but spinach and kale have potassium...a bit more than a banana and potassium is good for those muscle cramps I believe.

I use spinach as lettuce in salads. I throw it in the pan before my eggs as well making a frittata.

Thank you Lisa!  I will add more of those in my daily routine from now on.

Archived