Trying again starting May 28th

kimmysticks

• Administrators

I am barely salting food now!!! I prefer pepper and salsa on some things! This is a good thing right!!!!?

Not exactly, no.  When you remove all processed foods you ultimately remove the majority of your sodium intake.  You need to properly salt your food.  Don't be shy with the salts.  Too little sodium can put your electrolytes out of balance leading to dizziness, light-headedness, headaches, exhaustion etc.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Vegas and LisaPT and anyone who is experiencing melancholy and poor moods and exhaustion. Two questions.  Are you eating enough and are you including starchy veggies with at least one meal per day?

Vegas and LisaPT and anyone who is experiencing melancholy and poor moods and exhaustion. Two questions.  Are you eating enough and are you including starchy veggies with at least one meal per day?

I love it when you pop in  :D  If I'm honest, the answer is no. I know I'm not eating all I've been told to but yes, I'm eating starchy veggies at least once a day but I'm still struggling with the breakfast thing. Having never been a breakfast eater I'm struggling to eat that early. I feel like gagging, especially if its eggs. I've been sticking to the chicken sausage and sweet potatoes and trying to make up for so little in the morning at M2 and M3...  :(

• Administrators

I love it when you pop in  :D  If I'm honest, the answer is no. I know I'm not eating all I've been told to but yes, I'm eating starchy veggies at least once a day but I'm still struggling with the breakfast thing. Having never been a breakfast eater I'm struggling to eat that early. I feel like gagging, especially if its eggs. I've been sticking to the chicken sausage and sweet potatoes and trying to make up for so little in the morning at M2 and M3...  :(

Hi!  Thanks, that was sweet!

So I'll be honest, you are not doing yourself any favours by having a reduced breakfast.  If you can't stand eggs, don't eat them. I am currently trialling an egg elimination for some skin issues and I will tell you that I do not ever go hungry at breakfast time.  This morning was pulled pork, shredded cabbage and kale sautéed all together.  Or chicken bacon burgers with roasted veggies.  Or meatloaf with sauteed ginger almond green beans.  Or the sausages and some sweet potato with some wilted spinach or a spinach salad.   

Nutrition is cumulative, you cannot really make up for a light breakfast with the other two meals.  Breakfast is the absolute key to balancing your hormones and blood sugar and really getting your energy up and aligning mood and digestion and all the other things that people hope to get out of this.  You can't really expect those results if you are only doing two thirds of the program.  

Are you still glad I popped in?  LOL!

You can do this, put your mind to eating a proper breakfast and it will set up your entire day!  :D

Hi!  Thanks, that was sweet!

So I'll be honest, you are not doing yourself any favours by having a reduced breakfast.  If you can't stand eggs, don't eat them. I am currently trialling an egg elimination for some skin issues and I will tell you that I do not ever go hungry at breakfast time.  This morning was pulled pork, shredded cabbage and kale sautéed all together.  Or chicken bacon burgers with roasted veggies.  Or meatloaf with sauteed ginger almond green beans.  Or the sausages and some sweet potato with some wilted spinach or a spinach salad.   

Nutrition is cumulative, you cannot really make up for a light breakfast with the other two meals.  Breakfast is the absolute key to balancing your hormones and blood sugar and really getting your energy up and aligning mood and digestion and all the other things that people hope to get out of this.  You can't really expect those results if you are only doing two thirds of the program.  

Are you still glad I popped in?  LOL!

You can do this, put your mind to eating a proper breakfast and it will set up your entire day!   :D

Yes of course! Ok, I will look for more recipes I can make for breakfast and do this better. If it keeps me on track and following the program, I will adjust! Come to far to stop now and I really don't want to hurt anyone with those mood swings..... :D

Good info in the last few posts!

I am still feeling pretty good, a little moody and tired here and there but I'm chalking this mostly up to hormones (which will be over in a day or two thankfully!). I had some fresh strawberries yesterday and they were SO GOOD, I couldn't believe it. I haven't been heavy on the fruit since starting, since truthfully (and perhaps a little sadly) I didn't eat a ton of fresh fruit before Whole 30. But man they were out of this world. I'm wondering if cutting out the added sugars and such has changed our palates a bit? At this point I am just just hoping for that tiger blood everyone talks about. I don't think I really experienced it last time, but maybe this will be different!

Thanks ladyshanny!!! Oh I do still use salt, just not on everything anymore. I definitely have enough starch....I am having a love affair with sweet potatoes!!! I am so glad you posted because I have thought salt was of the devil lol so now I feel better. I also needed to hear what you said about breakfast because I need to keep it within an hour of wakkng and let it slide a couple times. I'm on track now. :)

Very relieved to hear my mood swings are somewhat normal! I'm a little low on energy today again, but I know I didn't eat enough last night so I'm going to try and make up for it today. I'm having those horrible leg cramps at night though, any idea how to stop them? I've tried to slip in a banana a day, but it's not helping....  :o

Hey Vegas, I have read that pickle juice is really good for leg cramps. I read it in Runner's World mag so it was geared toward leg cramps when running but I would think that it would work anytime. Good Luck.

DAY 14! Woot!

I have much stress in my world due to my x husband but I am still ok.

I bought, "It Starts with Food" last night and 3 other books cause I wanted to lol. 2 for reading enjoyment and one about the evil of grains and sugar.

I have not tried any new recipes still. I am not really into eating but I AM. I eat to prevent being hungry and to have fuel. I am not lusting after food. 

Is anyone else going to do a 2nd whole 30 after this one? Anything wrong with back to back with no weigh ins etc?

Hey Vegas, I have read that pickle juice is really good for leg cramps. I read it in Runner's World mag so it was geared toward leg cramps when running but I would think that it would work anytime. Good Luck.

That's funny, someone else told me that yesterday at work so I'm going to have to try it. I literally woke up twice early this morning and had to jump up. They are so painful!! I happy to say I'm finally feeling energetic though  :)  No fogginess and still no cravings. Breakfast has been my issue, but this morning I made egg salad with sweet potato sliders and it was so good! haha! Thanks for the help, I will try that TODAY!

DAY 14! Woot!

I have much stress in my world due to my x husband but I am still ok.

I bought, "It Starts with Food" last night and 3 other books cause I wanted to lol. 2 for reading enjoyment and one about the evil of grains and sugar.

I have not tried any new recipes still. I am not really into eating but I AM. I eat to prevent being hungry and to have fuel. I am not lusting after food. 

Is anyone else going to do a 2nd whole 30 after this one? Anything wrong with back to back with no weigh ins etc?

I'm not opposed to doing a 2nd one! but I might have to wait a week or two....... I need a glass of wine!! :P  I know most would say I started this for the wrong reasons, which were an extreme amount of stress due to unforeseen circumstances, however; I really needed to stop the sugar binge and nightly wine at this time so I jumped in anyway. I'm so glad I did. The 1st 11 days were not so great for me, but it's much better and I've found that those unforeseen circumstances are actually my driving motivation now and I'm reaping the benefits! 

Good info in the last few posts!

I am still feeling pretty good, a little moody and tired here and there but I'm chalking this mostly up to hormones (which will be over in a day or two thankfully!). I had some fresh strawberries yesterday and they were SO GOOD, I couldn't believe it. I haven't been heavy on the fruit since starting, since truthfully (and perhaps a little sadly) I didn't eat a ton of fresh fruit before Whole 30. But man they were out of this world. I'm wondering if cutting out the added sugars and such has changed our palates a bit? At this point I am just just hoping for that tiger blood everyone talks about. I don't think I really experienced it last time, but maybe this will be different!

I get it! I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I had a banana with just a little organic cashew butter!!  ;)

Ha! I was thinking to myself today that I'd like to continue with this after the 30 days too...but I dunno if I want to commit to another 30 back to back. I suppose I need to evaluate how I feel when we get closer to the end. It's funny to me though that a week and change ago I was like "man so long to go" and now I'm feeling like I don't want to quit! I guess I don't want to throw away what I've worked so hard to achieve.

Hey everyone- well I finally succumbed to my sugar demon at work today :( I knew I was struggling and it is so hard working in a bakery where I am surrounded by sweets and today was brownie day. I thought I was okay but when I was cutting the turtle brownies one broke and I was like oops and I just reached for it and ate some. To be honest I ate a bunch of brownie scraps! I feel like I not only let myself down but also everyone here on this forum.

I am in the process of moving over to the Produce side of the store and hope things will be easier for me there; at least I will be surrounded by healthy fruits and vegetables not cakes and cookies. I really wish I could keep posting here but I don't know if I can. I think I have to start over; I was planning on doing 60 days anyway so it doesn't matter to me about starting over I just feel connected to you all here. I am not sure what the rules are on this.

Feeling sad and a bit mad!

Aw Kelly! That sucks but I completely understand how it could have happened. Maybe I'm not a tough love sort of person anyway, but I would say don't beat yourself up too badly. Mistakes happen and if you're willing to keep going rather than completely give up, I think that says a lot. I don't think there are any real rules about who is allowed to post where....if you want to stick in this thread that's awesome. If you want to post with people who are on the exact same day in the cycle as you, I get it and that's awesome too. Whatever you decide, do it for yourself, not anyone else!

Aw Suebee...ya stick with the thread if you want to for sure and get right back on the horse cause knowing your weakness makes you stronger for next time!!! You will resist next time. That job of yours...cutting brownies....holy cow what an enormous temptation!

Hey everyone- well I finally succumbed to my sugar demon at work today :( I knew I was struggling and it is so hard working in a bakery where I am surrounded by sweets and today was brownie day. I thought I was okay but when I was cutting the turtle brownies one broke and I was like oops and I just reached for it and ate some. To be honest I ate a bunch of brownie scraps! I feel like I not only let myself down but also everyone here on this forum.

I am in the process of moving over to the Produce side of the store and hope things will be easier for me there; at least I will be surrounded by healthy fruits and vegetables not cakes and cookies. I really wish I could keep posting here but I don't know if I can. I think I have to start over; I was planning on doing 60 days anyway so it doesn't matter to me about starting over I just feel connected to you all here. I am not sure what the rules are on this.

Feeling sad and a bit mad!

So sorry! But no one is perfect SueBee, we will still support you! Quite frankly, I have no idea how you did it to begin with.....if I had to work in a bakery, there would probably be NO chance for me  :( Don't give up girl

Thanks for the support everyone! I will stay if it's okay with you all. I worked a shift in the produce dept yesterday and I am amazed that I didn't even think of sweets once! I did struggle once I got home and to be honest I have to really start over today. I am feeling strong today and I am working another shift in produce so I won't be tempted.

I think I am really struggling because I am not working out like I should. It really helps me to solidify my goals when I work hard at the gym. I see my doctor for a follow-up about my foot on Tuesday and I hope it is good news. I know there is other stuff I can be doing I just don't have a new routine established. My job really wears me out too so my feet and legs are so tired after being on them all day. I don't mean to be a whiny baby but I feel like I am starting all over again with everything at once. Frustrating.

How is everyone doing today?

I can't find the food template ladyshanny posted. Anyone know where to find it? I need to check my serving sizes.

Day 17 :)

Hey Lisa I think this is what you are looking for:http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

sorry I can't put as a link because none of that stuff is working, it is there but kind of dimmed out and nothing happens when I click on it.

Day 2 for me, yesterday was good. I have today off and am going grocery shopping and farmers market.

I'm doing well too - yesterday was a little different for me because I wen to a concert - like I dunce I didn't eat a real dinner before I left. So I ate one of my "in case" Larabars about halfway through the evening. I was hungry by the time I got home at nearly 1 am, but not as desperately ravenous as I might have thought. Ate some strawberries and hit the sack. So, it wasn't a very well planned evening, but I'm just glad I didn't give up in the face of adversity hehe. PLUS my husband returned from his business trip to London with 8 bars of Cadbury chocolate! I'm putting them out of sight until this is over!

good morning all- day 3! I feel so much better; I must have just needed to get that out of my system LOL. I got to the gym yesterday and had a great workout and then went to yoga after. I feel excited again about Whole30. Now I just need to get out of that darned bakery! I am working today and may need to ask for some encouraging words from you all at some point. I think just posting something may be enough to snap my mind out of it before falling face first into a doughnut!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend:)

I noticed a couple things: One big one for me is my lack of desire for fruit now on day 18 as opposed to the beginning. I see that my desire for junk was more of an emotional need so......not sure what to do when those stressful or tempting times come up but for right now I am ok.

The other thing are the times I thought I messed up my beloved sweet potato are the times I could not believe how great they were!!!!!! Starting the whole 30 and not being a cook, all i did was throw it in the microwave and mash it up like  a potato. Once day I made medallions, even laughing at myself for the attempt, and over cooked them till almost black....well wasn't that the most heavenly surprise!!! Caramelized wow! And most recently I over roasted them to find my crunchy goodies were no mistake. LOL

Thought I would share.  :P

Archived