Trying again starting May 28th

kimmysticks

Lisa, now I am doubting my sanity...I have today written down as day 28...did I miscalculate? LOL. I too want to continue this way of eating, at least a good percentage of the time. But I guess I'll write all my thoughts on that when we've completed this :D

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Lisa, maybe we can continue to post here I am not sure. I wanted to do that last time but the moderator put something like congrats everyone and then no one contd to post even though several people said they would be. We can always start our own thread and call it "still going strong" LOL

BTW I got great fasting lipid panel results yesterday. My good cholesterol is high my triglycerides are really low and my bad chol. numbers are lower than they were; still not great but with the other great results she said I am doing awesome. I am a little worried that eating a lot of animal fats are keeping that bad chol. high but I guess I am not really too concerned because I eat grass fed and organic meats and animal fats. I try to eat lots of olives and olive oil too!

Ok Suebee-you name the thread and I will look for it :)

It sounds like you are doing well. Amazing what an change in a couple of weeks.

LOL Kimmy...I hope I didn't miscalculate!

I will have to check now too.

Oh I count 30 as friday now!!!!!

Well this was almost my whole 29! Sheeeeesh

I am all bloated again tonight and now worried that egg whites are the culprit. I have had no onions or other veg that could cause it. It was such a bland day just to avoid the bloating. There is a chance another period could start I guess.  :mellow:

OK so today ....29 :)

Big day tomorrow

I have been experimenting with leaving out onions and now egg whites to see if it helps my bloating....doesn't seem to make a difference so I am thinking a period must be a coming. I know this is tmi but it such a difference in me I am shocked :( To go from feeling great and then back to pre whole is ridiculous!!!

What happened to everyone? I am jealous you all are almost done and I am on day 16. Ah well. I made cashew coffee creamer and now feel like I could go on forever as I was missing my creamy coffee something fierce.

Also my bacon is curing nicely in the fridge and I will probably let it be until Wednesday; so hard to wait!

I hope all you beautiful, strong people chime in to let us know how you are:) and how it went for you- curious minds want to know!

BTW I started a new thread called "still strong after starting over June 12" if anyone wants to join me there just to check in or whatever. I am going to miss you guys. I don't think I could have come back so strong without you!!

Hey everyone! WE DID IT!!! And Kelly, you are well on your way!

I didn't take any before photos or measurements, partially out of embarrassment but partially out of laziness. So I don't have any of those numbers to compare. However, I lost 5.3 pounds, woo! I feel like my body changed even if the weight loss number wasn't totally drastic. My stomach has flattened/shrunk, my neck/shoulder/chest region has shrunk and my upper arms lost a bit. My skin (which wasn't bad to start) has been more clear with no real blemishes this whole month. I ran a lot this month and with the exception of one time, I had just as much energy as when I ran pre-Whole 30. It was nice to think my body was burning fat instead of excess sugar to fuel my workouts, and it's definitely one benefit of the plan I don't want to lose! I just hope it was true, lol. 

I'm really proud of myself for finishing this program. I had one moment on day 23 when I was really tempted to quit, more out of convenience than true temptation. My husband talked me out of it, and I am glad he did. At the time, an extra week seemed like forever but looking back, it as really just a blip. I will definitely do another round sometime, perhaps even pretty soon. For now though, I am going to concentrate on eating paleo most of the time. I will allow myself some things like bread/rice/other grains here and there but in moderation. Because if I tell myself I can never have those things again for the rest of my life, I am setting myself up to fail. I really like the way my body looks and feels though, so I want to keep it going. I'm hoping it can only get better from here if I do. I've got to start training for the NYC Marathon in a week or so, so that will give me plenty of exercise. I'd also like to incorporate some weight training in there too. Overall I am really pleased with the Whole 30, and I am glad for the new outlook it's given me on the things I eat. This morning, while I technically could have had coffee with my old creamer and sugar, I didn't. I pretty much didn't even want it. On day 1 I probably would have told you I'd be scrambling for it on day 31. But I wasn't. I think that's one of the hugest things we can accomplish from this program!

Just for fun, here's a picture of myself and my son on the eve of day 30. Happy  :)  Congrats everyone!

11111967_10154040015693289_1600229494461

Hey guys!! I joined on the 27th but hope you don't mind if I piggyback on your group. :) (Can you guys carry me through the sugar craving I am currently experiencing? Is it bad I am already experiencing it on day #1? I literally almost just straight up chugged a thing of sprinkles before putting the cap back on and calmly walking away...LOL)

hmmm

I some results posted on a different log.

My results:

Hair has been growing faster (out of a lousy haircut lol)

more energy

sex drive returned

had a period

love some new foods

great attitude toward eating this way indefinitely

I went down one size

I lost weight between neck and chest, arms, butt, tummy

The scale says 11 pounds are gone. 

I am on day 2 of my 2nd whole 30  :D

Archived