Hazelnut Coffee Creamer

SunshineHazel

No Paleo coffee creamer, per the Can I Have Guide:

"Regarding “Paleo” coffee creamer… sigh. We know there’s a recipe out there where eggs, coconut milk, dates, and some voodoo magic are combined with prayers to create a thick, creamy concoction that can take the place of your cream and sugar (or Coffeemate) and once again transform your undrinkable black coffee into sweet, dreamy caffeine. This is not okay–sugary creamer substitutes fall under the SWYPO rule. Instead, we’d encourage you to take a look at why you need this at all. Do you really like coffee, or are you drinking it for the hit of sugary flavor?"  - See more at: http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/#sthash.e0ZcizBB.dpuf

ETA: If you did that recipe without the dates, I suppose that would be ok, as it's essentially homemade nut milk.

No Paleo coffee creamer, per the Can I Have Guide:

"Regarding “Paleo” coffee creamer… sigh. We know there’s a recipe out there where eggs, coconut milk, dates, and some voodoo magic are combined with prayers to create a thick, creamy concoction that can take the place of your cream and sugar (or Coffeemate) and once again transform your undrinkable black coffee into sweet, dreamy caffeine. This is not okay–sugary creamer substitutes fall under the SWYPO rule. Instead, we’d encourage you to take a look at why you need this at all. Do you really like coffee, or are you drinking it for the hit of sugary flavor?"  - See more at: http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/#sthash.e0ZcizBB.dpuf

ETA: If you did that recipe without the dates, I suppose that would be ok, as it's essentially homemade nut milk.

Thanks Chris,

I do actually like coffee, I didn't add sugar to originally just miss the milk aspect. I was thinking of making my own hazelnut milk to try that out, hence why my friend sent me this recipe. Knew it was to good to be true....lol....will just try to make my own.

Thanks

Archived