What's a serving of ground beef or shredded meat look like?

edgymama

If it helps I use a large serving spoon from a set of kitchen utensils to serve up my ground beef, and I take two heaped-ish spoonfuls (well, I figure it's not a solid chunk of meat... <shrugs>), but then I'd say I tend to eat to the higher end of the recommended amounts.

• 2 weeks later...

About the shredded meat...kind of...haha I ate some barbecue pork last night and also had half of an avocado as part of the meal. I thought about it afterward and the fact that barbecue pork is a fairly fatty meat (although I like to pick out the really fatty pieces because I just don't like them) in and of itself. Was it too much fat to add in the avocado? Not too worried about losing weight but definitely don't want to gain weight! I plan on eating the leftover bbq tonight so wanted to check in!

Thanks!!

• Administrators

I've been having pulled pork for breakfast all week and two days I added either mayo or avocado and two days I didn't add extra fat.  The days that I didn't have the extra fat I was STARVING by 3 hours after breakfast.  The fatty days I was totally fine until 5 minutes before lunch.

Experiment.

Archived