You really are what you eat!

karakoss

Hi, my name is Kara. I like cream in my coffee, my chocolate dark, cheese and a stiff martini. I don't cook.

If you asked me to write a short description of my eating habits one week ago, that's what it would read. In just one week, it's completely completely changed.

I didn't go looking for the Whole30. In fact, I'd never even heard of it before. I was looking for new face wash. In my search for the miracle skincare product, that would finally rid my 35 year old face of acne, I came across a product review that mentioned the Whole30. The reviewer mentioned the face products worked great once she completed her Whole30. I was intrigued.

Did I mention I don't cook? Well, now I do but I didn't before. Thankfully I'm married to a man who loves to cook, since I live in a small town with limited dining options. He makes great food, but now I realize he doesn't always use great ingredients. Oh, how my horizons have expanded in such a short amount of time and I haven't even scratched the surface.

For the last 8 days I've prepared 3 meals, every day, with wonderful ingredients. Who knew I had this in me?! I dreamt of honey and chocolate syrup night 2 and slept for 12 hours night 3. Other than that, it's been smooth sailing and I have not slipped once.

I woke up this morning feeling more alert than usual and my complexion looks better than it ever has. I'm not even kidding. I felt a bit narcissistic for spending so much time in front of the mirror this morning.

I'm in awe and a bit dumbfounded. The Whole30 makes complete sense when you think about it, yet why didn't I think about it before? They say when the student is ready, the teacher will appear. Well here I am. Ready and committed to changing my lifestyle and prepared to reap the benefits!

• Moderators

Hi, my name is Kara. I like cream in my coffee, my chocolate dark, cheese and a stiff martini. I don't cook.

If you asked me to write a short description of my eating habits one week ago, that's what it would read. In just one week, it's completely completely changed.

I didn't go looking for the Whole30. In fact, I'd never even heard of it before. I was looking for new face wash. In my search for the miracle skincare product, that would finally rid my 35 year old face of acne, I came across a product review that mentioned the Whole30. The reviewer mentioned the face products worked great once she completed her Whole30. I was intrigued.

Did I mention I don't cook? Well, now I do but I didn't before. Thankfully I'm married to a man who loves to cook, since I live in a small town with limited dining options. He makes great food, but now I realize he doesn't always use great ingredients. Oh, how my horizons have expanded in such a short amount of time and I haven't even scratched the surface.

For the last 8 days I've prepared 3 meals, every day, with wonderful ingredients. Who knew I had this in me?! I dreamt of honey and chocolate syrup night 2 and slept for 12 hours night 3. Other than that, it's been smooth sailing and I have not slipped once.

I woke up this morning feeling more alert than usual and my complexion looks better than it ever has. I'm not even kidding. I felt a bit narcissistic for spending so much time in front of the mirror this morning.

I'm in awe and a bit dumbfounded. The Whole30 makes complete sense when you think about it, yet why didn't I think about it before? They say when the student is ready, the teacher will appear. Well here I am. Ready and committed to changing my lifestyle and prepared to reap the benefits!

Amazing!  So happy to hear this!!

I am a person that says that my skin is gorgeous thanks to my skin care product (www.elementbotanicals.com) and Whole30.  Each one is amazing on their own, but put together, they're a combo that can't be beat!

Archived