Community Seafood in Los Angeles Area

JenX

HI all,

I wanted to give the people in my area some information about Community Seafood (communityseafood.com).  They're like a CSA for seafood, putting those of us who love fresh sustainably-caught fish and shellfish the opportunity to get it from local fisherman catching it in local waters. You have options as to how much of a share, and whether you want to pick up once a week, or once every other week, and there are various pick-up locations covering Culver City, Santa Monica, Santa Barbara. Manhattan Beach and some other areas.  I've picked up 2 half-pound shares so far, rockfish and king salmon, and the fish was outstanding.  This is such an outstanding idea and program I just had to share.

We have something like this in my area. It's called Boxa and it started out as a one man band supplying a box of (hence the name Boxa)  locally sourced meat. It was so popular that they started sourcing organic veg, fermented goods, raw milk, eggs, honey, sourdough - and now you name it they have it. In fact it's gotten so big that they have a market with additional local producers & crafts people selling their wares - it's fantastic to see how much this small one man band has grown, and to see that people are starting to demand good food...

Archived