Off to a Good Start!

Cornmuffin

Hello!

I am new around here and today is Day 5 of my Whole30 adventure! I have had a hell of a week, including a trip to Urgent Care and a trip to the emergency vet. I stayed compliant through all of this, so at this point, I'm thinking I can probably do this! This month, I have to make it through three birthdays and a Major League Baseball game... talk about a challenge!

My biggest struggle has been and will continue to be drinking only water. For years I have enjoyed Diet Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Ginger Ale, and the sweetened flavored sparkling waters that you can buy at Fred Meyer or Walmart. Switching to regular water or flavored seltzer water has been a real struggle because my taste buds can't taste the subtle flavors yet. I crave something flavorful! I also miss coffee creamer and wine. A lot.

I'm often frustrated by labels and not being able to find the answers to my questions in the book when I'm at the grocery store. I've put many items back only to come home and still have difficulty finding a clear answer as to which obscure, unrecognizable ingredients I can and can't have! I wish there existed a master list of store-bought products that are Whole30 compliant... I need reassurance that I'm making the right choices because there's SO much I didn't even know existed. Right now, I'm struggling to choose a box of hot tea bags from the entire wall of tea at the grocery store.

Anyway, upward and onward! I am already feeling better and I'm excited to see where this takes me!

Archived