Hard boiled egg ideas?

Gotgoodkarma

I like hard boiled eggs (with softish yolk) served with mackerel & avocado.... or I sometimes put them a seafood pie (no pastry, topped with mashed root veg)..... or mixed in chicken/tuna/other protein salad.... they also work well with sauteed potato, cabbage, onion & mushroom...

That said if you're eating protein from other sources you don't *need* to be eating eggs.

Hope this helps!

• Moderators

You can mix them with avocado instead of mayo for egg salad, or just mix the yolks with avocado for deviled eggs. Sometimes I just cut them in half and sprinkle with salt or paprika and a drizzle of olive oil.

You DON'T make your own mayo?! How do you survive?! I strongly suggest making your own mayo- its super easy and you can add things to it to make tons of different sauces and meals.

For hard-boiled eggs:

If you make mayo-

Deviled Eggs: mayo, mustard, paprika, salt, pepper, vinegar

Egg Salad: mayo, vinegar, salt, pepper (serve with plantain chips or in lettuce cups) - use regular mayo, rosemary garlic aioli, etc

Potato salad: potatoes, mustard, hardboiled eggs, onions, poppy seed, salt, pepper

If you don't-

Avocado Egg Salad: mashed avocado mixed with chopped hardboiled egg- would taste better with a little paleo ranch (but you'd need mayo)

I love taking hard boiled eggs and mashing them with avocado, chili powder, cumin, a bit of cilantro, chopped up black olives, a bit of diced green chilies and scooping it up with celery sticks for M1--soooo good! You could even stuff a tomato with the mixture, or stir in a bit of salsa... 

Archived