WholeDave

Day 196 - survived a crazy trip to Sydney - took plenty of food supplies and also had a plate of calamari & octopus which was a nice change. The game itself was one of the best sporting experiences I've had (that's two this year now!) and I finally got home at 1:30am. Bit slow this morning!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 196 - survived a crazy trip to Sydney - took plenty of food supplies and also had a plate of calamari & octopus which was a nice change. The game itself was one of the best sporting experiences I've had (that's two this year now!) and I finally got home at 1:30am. Bit slow this morning!

Two of my favourite things - I can get calamari here okay & eat it quite often, but the octopus is a rareity to find fresh - one of the first things I'll eat when I get back to Greece this year!

Day 197 - motoring along - no re-intro phase MeadowLily - there's really no need. I'm happy as I am and although Christmas will be somewhat difficult, I'm just going to stick to what is working for me. Italy & Macedonia might be another story but I'll take that as it comes. If I have some offroading then I'm ok with that - I'll just look to eat Whole30 the rest of the time.

Packed my place yesterday so food was a bit haphazard - bits & pieces for breakfast (leftovers, tomatoes etc) and then went to a bbq in the afternoon. A little dried fruit for an early supper before a big fat sleep. Feeling pretty good this morning.

Day 198 - during this moving period I'm trying to make sure food is the first priority. So far so good. Last night I cooked some flathead on the bbq and had it with salad and a microwaved potato. Today I've cooked a stir-fry for brekkie and tuna+salad for lunch. I'm stocked up on eggs and have some mince to do quick cevapis tonight. Tomorrow is my birthday so it will be a birthday breakfast out, then lunch with my daughter, then a picnic on the floor of my new place.

Day 199 - it's my first Whole30 birthday. Wooohooo! I'll be splashing out with a Vietnamese pho for lunch (no noodles of course  :D) plus a mezze platter for dinner on the floor in my new awesome house! Halfway through the move so I'm halfway organised. The furniture is moving tomorrow.

And it's day 199, nearly perfect numerical synchronicity with my birthday. Not that I'm a numbers geek... :wacko:

Day 200 - thanks J! :D Had a great day - friends over to the new place last night, great lunch with my daughter, special breakfast. Food sitch was special and clean.

Day 200 eh? That's something to celebrate. Life sure has changed for the better. And my "seasoned veteran" advice? Just. Keep. Going. There's no actual need to re-introduce or majorly off-road. If you purposely or accidentally off-road, go with the flow, don't beat yourself up, and just keep on keeping on with the program.

Day 202 - moving complete, organisation slowly emerging from chaos. LOVE the house! Trees all around, great veggie garden, glimpses of Mt Ainslie and the city through the trees, plenty of birdlife, LOTS of tranquility...perfect :) Sitting here listening to a ambient house internet radio station from London - what more could a wholegeek want! B)

Food has been tricky over the past couple of days - need to do a market shop this morning. It's going to be crazy hot here today, so need to get out early. I've been surviving on bits of salad, a pork roast out at a club last night, some eggs, nut mix and coffee. That's about it...oh, and there was a beef bourguignon with a kale & apple slaw the other night which was reasonably on-road.

Can't wait to hit the bush tracks up through O'Connor Ridge behind the house - plenty of running and MTB riding options.

Day 203 - possums, bugs, spiders - the delights of living in the bush! It was a stinking hot day yesterday so my mood was a  bit challenged. I cooked a bbq breakfast followed by lamb and salad. Various nuts and dried fruit and about 5 litres of water! Busting to have a run but unless you go out about 5am it's too hot. It will be cooler tomorrow.

Day 206 - 2 days of work left before a big fat holiday! I'm sure it will all work out :huh: This time of year is always difficult for food but somehow I'm managing it - no fruit mince pies, no Christmas cake, no massive ham, no excessive drinking... Christmas Day itself will be a challenge - some planned off-roading but I'll keep it to a minimum. Boxing Day - FLYING TO ITALY!!

Probably should get organised..... :D

Dave, I'm up to my eyes in wrapping paper and have one more day (well, hopefully a half day!) of work to go before my own big fat holiday, so if I don't 'see' you before then have a great Christmas, and an amazing trip - be sure to try out the gelato!!

Day 207 - leftover cauli rice, chicken and veggies for brekky, salad for lunch, and roast pork chops and veggies for dins. An afternoon of lawn bowls with clients was fun - I finally got my mojo on after about an hour :)

Tonight will be a special Christmas Eve feast and then a stroll around the city Christmas lights.

Day 208 - Merry Christmas everyone! Hope Santa was good to you and we can all celebrate without losing momentum with our Whole30 progress. If you off-road, just jump straight back on and don't give yourself sh*t for it! :)

I've started the day with a run (new running gear for Christmas) and a delicious veggie stir fry. I'm having Chrissy lunch with family and will indulge a little in sugar and pastry but that's about it.

Tomorrow we're off to Rome!! :D

Day 209 - what a lovely Christmas! Had a great time with family. Ate far too much but mostly really good food. Strayed with the sugar and pastry but nothing to upset my tummy. Feeling great this Boxing Day morning. Probably should pack if I'm flying in 9 hours! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Day ??? - well I'm back from an amazing trip to Italy and Macedonia. What an experience! From a food perspective I stopped my Whole30 program and just went with the flow - it really was too hard to resist. Suffice to say, I've put on a couple of kilos but it's only one step back. I had major tummy issues in Macedonia so it's on to the program from now on.

Archived