LisaPT

LisaPT

Day 17 :D

I find I am still melancholy.

It's almost like I am on an anti depressant in that I am blah A LOT. What is that?

Not sad, not happy, not hyper for sure...I am not smiling much. Maybe I was a live wire on sugar with ups and downs and this is how you are supposed to be???

I;m not too worried.

I need the template though. I can't find it yet. I want to see portion sizes again. I hope I don't eat too much and I seem to only have 2 meals a day and a snack of leftover something.

Day 17 :D

I find I am still melancholy.

It's almost like I am on an anti depressant in that I am blah A LOT. What is that?

Not sad, not happy, not hyper for sure...I am not smiling much. Maybe I was a live wire on sugar with ups and downs and this is how you are supposed to be???

I;m not too worried.

I need the template though. I can't find it yet. I want to see portion sizes again. I hope I don't eat too much and I seem to only have 2 meals a day and a snack of leftover something.

Aim for 1-2 palm sized pieces of protein (that's the length, width & depth of your palm), 1-3 cups of veggies, and 1-2 thumb sized pieces of fat (or a handful of olives, or a good dollop of mayo, some bacon etc...) 

You need to be eating this three times a day, remembering that those recommendations are minimums so you can eat more. If you're meals are keeping you satiated for 4-5hrs then you're good. If they're not eat more. If you're not hungry 5 hrs later eat less.

If you'd like to post a couple of days worth of food/liquid intake, along with activity levels we would very quickly let you know if you're eating enough, or if there are some tweaks you could make...

Linky for the Meal Template.

Thank-you!

Day 18 now.

I was going over my portion sizes and I think I am ok.

I went through some parts of the book again and will all week as I tweak my whole 30.

Roasted some veg...um....still pledge all my love to the sweet potato. Nothing compares to you... :wub:

I am not hungry after I eat for quite a while. I make it from 6- till bedtime now which is about 11 or 12. 

Breakfast: A large frying pan full of spinach with egg whites (hand sized amount when done), in a bit of olive oil

sweet potato in some form

Lunch: leftover sweet potato, ground meat in salad (lots of spinach again-my tastes are singular still), salsa as dressing

Dinner: leftover ground meat salad or palm sized fish, a potato in some form, blueberries, cooked carrots or broccoli 

I pretty much eat like this each day...I have played a bit with onion, mushrooms and peppers but then I like what I like. It takes me a while to branch out. The next 2 weeks I will be looking at the cookbook. Chicken seems to give me a stomach ache!!! No idea what that is about-whether it is at a restaurant or I make it. 

Why are you only using the egg whites in meal one? And where is your fat? COnsider that fat used for cooking stays mostly in the pan so don't be afraid to add more to your plate - 1/2 an avocado, olives, mayo....

Eggs when they are your only source of protein should be the number of whole eggs you can hold in one hand - which is 3-4 for most females.

If you're eating salad be sure to eat a TON of it - think about how much spinach in particular wilts down when cooked.

Re the chicken, could it be that you're eating corn-fed?

Thanks JM! Yes the chicken may be corn fed. I don't eat egg yolks because after having my gall bladder out 20 years ago they were like razors thru my intestines along with all beef ....at the end of my whole 30 I may try to have whole eggs but never ever try beef again. I agree on the spinach cooking down....I put tons in for that reason and I put tons in my salads.

Day 20  :D 

Feeling good. I lost a size for sure. Thank goodness I found some old pants i could wear to work. My tshirt and hoodie are hanging off me.

I am still so wary about weighing on day 30 or 31 whatever it's supposed to be. 

I will start another whole 30 Friday June 26th..that IS my day 31. Back to back -there is no other way for me. I intend to do 3 actually. Um...I really like eating this way. I look forward to preparing and eating and I love the food. I am getting better at cooking all the time. I nurture myself and it is a really really good feeling!!!!! 

I want to start with some exercise but not sure what I want yet. I have been using weights for arms and doing some type of crunch for the tummy. I am going slowly with this to avoid reinjuring -I have a fast paced, physically demanding job and I need to have strong limbs. I figured getting some weight off thru food first then get into walking most likely.

I need this board. I need interaction and input and to encourage others.

Be careful.....  I started out walking - maybe 10 minutes at a time.....  then I found that my passion is hiking - and I just can't stop!!!!

Congrats making it to day 20 - and wanting to extend!  Hey, if you don't want to weigh, DONT.  There is no rule saying that you must.  Throw the scale away if you want to.  The number on the scale is not what makes anyone happy.  It is how you feel.  It is how active you can be.  It is about enjoying life.  

Thank-you ladies!!!

i went for a big walk and over did it...my knee felt ok walking but once in a while it had a sharp crack feeling at the top of knee cap but inside.

Over a year ago I missed a step coming out of a client's house and went down hard on it and since then it has not been the same. No constant pain but enough to make me wary of biking and walking. 

I wish I had the nerve to swim but I don't. No way will I put on a suit and I don't want to feel like a fool in a tshirt and shorts. wow that is funny to say out loud!!!!

I have always swam in shorts and tshirt. I'm a weirdo.  :blink: I don't have the nerve anymore...unless I found a place. hmmmm. I just got an idea. There is a gorge camp ground thing...my daughter wants to swim too-that may be fun. Kind of a long drive-maybe 20 mins.

I'm gonna google it. 

That IS my beloved in the pic. Oh my gosh what does the knife say about how I treat those I love!!!?? :ph34r:  :lol:

Wow day 21 and feel good mentally. Feel good physically.

I looked up a few more exercises. Once I started to see change I just want more!

Last night I found a smaller thin enough looking hoodie and t shirt for work. I need to seek smaller pants or do so in another week I bet.

So next week Thursday is it-day 30 for me. Friday I will weigh and start again. hmmm. Seems I am still not settled on weighing. I know once I start my 2nd 30 I won't break the scale rule so that's the day. If my body keeps responding the way it has I will weigh I guess. Ugh. whatever.  :blink:

I find it interesting that I don't post food logs. I post feeling logs. It makes sense to me. I think I got the food part.I had to tweak a bit after a moderator sending me the template. I look the most forward to the vegetables now! i am just in a state of wonder as to what they are doing inside my body. My body is likely so happy to get what it needs after so very long-perhaps my whole life. 

I keep spinach (green), sweet potatoes, turnip, squash, in the forefront of my diet. I always have a protein,-fish, egg whites or pork. I have to make myself have a fruit and blueberries are my fruit of choice still. I see 3 power foods in my list so I think thats a good thing. 

My skin is softer.

My hair seems to have grown.

My daughter noticed both yesterday!

I have to make myself have a fruit and blueberries are my fruit of choice still.

You don't have to eat fruit on Whole30 - the only thing you'll get from fruit that you won't get from vegetables is fructose which you don't actually need...

I am so happy. Lol though how as a day goes on I think its not enough yet. Horrible thinking there.

My clothes are between fitting and too big.

My bra as well. It was too tight and now closes as small as it can go.

I am in awe of this program.

I am in awe of myself for making it thru.

I am looking forward to back to back 30s starting next Thursday.

I just can't believe it is all happening for me-even moods, weight loss, contentment, healthier skin and hair. Wow.

Did a lot of reading in "It Starts with Food" yesterday.

My concern is figuring out what is best for me personally at day 31.

What I think is best is another whole 30 starting day 31.

I don't know that there is a food I love enough to bring back.

I do know that I have been better off with grains and dairy and of course, sugar.

I do know that I lose control easily.

I do know that I will make it through a first 30 days where my past told me I would not.

I do know that I am proud of myself and have to trust my own feelings on this now. I am the expert in me.

AHEM

I did it!!!!! Today is day 31

I am one clothing size smaller.

My hair is looking good.

My skin seems nice.

I had a regular period and think another is about to start.

I have more energy.

I feel my walk is different-I just feel more comfortable.

I am proud of myself for doing something positive for ME.

I discovered the sweet potato.

I made salad with salsa and have NEVER had a better tasting salad in my life!!!

I eat tons of spinach. 

I am not doing a 2nd whole 30.

I have weight to lose.

Oh and I lost 11 pounds.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on day 41:)

I continued my whole 30 and am very glad I did.

My body is still changing and yesterday I had a ton more energy!!!

It was sudden and I had even missed a couple hours of sleep.

It was the first night I came home from work and was NOT sore!!!!

This morning I some up before the alarm, short on sleep again but feeling great. 6 hours sleep as opposed to 8.

I figure its time to listen to my body's cues.

My non mood is finally gone and I feel a contentment and hapoiness . I feel peaceful.

Strange, new and really nice.

I weighed myself after my 30 and I was down 11 pounds.

Skin is nicer.

Hair grew. Nails ...wow they grow.

I lost a size in everything. The bra size made me happy!

I have no reflux.

I have no emergency bowel movements.

I love the food I eat.

I don't eat fruit regularly. I thought I had a sugar dragon but now I think I have had an emotional eating issue more so.

All temptation I have had has been wanting to eat due to sadness, happiness, anger and entertainment.

I fight it. I have fought it but I still have concern of messing up in this area. ...just because it was habit.

All in all...love how this has worked for me. :)

Archived