Teas you like

jrustdc

What (non-caf) teas do you like? My second cup of coffee seems to lead to a nasty headache. Going without is an option, but I am considering switching to tea for drinking at work. However, I'm not a huge tea fan, and if it can't be something like good ole Earl Grey, I don't know what to choose.

I picked a cinnamon apple rooibos (Tazo) yesterday at the store, and I can tell from the smell of it steeping that I am unlikely to like it. But it will get expensive to buy a box of tea at a time until I find one I like! Suggestions, please. :)

Roobos has an interesting flavor. I got some Twinings that is just Rooibos, I like it alright, but not my fav. I also got some citrus cinnamon by Twinings that is pretty tasty.

Right now my favorite is Red Raspberry by Bigelow. I got this at a standard grocery store. It's really yummy, just like raspberries!

I saw a post on here about buying individual bags, I'm not positive where they got them (I think WF), but that is a great option for finding yummy teas!

I knew there were a couple you liked, Tom. I tried searching the site in the co-op yesterday while I stared at 50+ different teas, but couldn't dig them up.

The rooibois doesn't taste bad, but it doesn't taste good either. And I *really* don't like the smell. Ah, well.

Hey there....thought I'd throw my 2cents worth in as a tea lover..... I'm a big fan of Harney & Sons Raspberry Herbal (the aroma alone is heavenly) and the other favorite of mine is called Paris (which is available in decaf if you prefer) I must have close to 10-15 different teas at any given time so I do like my tea that's for sure. But unfortunately, as I am at home recovering from pneumonia I have been making my own tea of just squeezed lemons and grated ginger root. God how I would love to add some honey to this to make it taste better but no can do and remain compliant. :-(

I too use to drink rooibos but with cream. I wonder if it would taste as yummy by using the coconut cream??? Your right it does have this how shall I put it "distinct pungent aroma"?

I like the calming teas a lot, the ones with chamomile and lavender. I don't care for jasmine, so I just check ingredients for that. I like green tea with lemongrass, but that wouldn't be herbal, it would have caffiene. I really like the yogi perfect energy teas, they have a vanilla and a raspberry I think. I'm drinking something right now that's a relaxing tea by triple leaf, but it has valerian root so you wouldn't want to drink it except at night.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Harney's Hot Cinnamon Spice (decaf or regular). It is quite spicy and sweet from the cinnamon. (The website says no artificial or natural sweeteners are added.) Harney's also has quite a nice vanilla (again decaf and regular -- both good), and I think theirs is an informative website about their own products.

http://www.harney.com/results.cfm?secondary=1204

I like peppermint tea - preferably made from fresh mint leaves but unfortunately I don't grow my own.

Someone recently mentioned 'Mayan cocoa spice' tea which I think was a yogi tea. That sounded nice for an evening drink.

I'm with you on the rooibos. Really wanted to like it (mostly due to reading the 'Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency' books) but can't cope with the smell or taste. Dragonfly teas do a chai version of rooibos which I like - but only because you can't taste the rooibos over the spice :)

Thanks, all! I am mostly learning to do without a second cup of something hot, as I haven't found a tea I love. I did like the Chocolate Pu-ehr, but it has too much caffeine to work as a second cup. I occasionally have it as an early afternoon beverage and it doesn't give me a headache then, and isn't SO caffeinated that I have trouble sleeping.

I can keep experimenting with teas for a long time with all these suggestions!

My favorite evening tea is Licorice Spice from Stash. It's a little sweet (from the licorice) and very tasty! Arevyou looking for herbal options or just other types of tea? If you like Earl Grey try a Cream Earl Grey or Monk's Blend (loose). Chai tea on its own is nice or for w30 with coconut milk is amazing. If you're just looking for another warm beverage option, a big wedge of lemon in hot water is really nice. Also yogi has a no car vanilla chai that's very good!

I like the citrussy ones - and can't stand most of the fruit/hibiscus based ones. I think if you look for a herbal base you may be able to pick out some goodies? The best brand here is Pukka which does an amazing three ginger tea, a detox tea, a bedtime tea and a calming one. Jen, look at the website and tell me which ones you fancy and I'll post you some to thank you for those meal plans. A little w30 payback!

• 3 weeks later...

Trader Joes has a yummy Pumpkin Rooibos tea that I like better than the regular Rooibos teas. Also, I LOVE decaf green tea. I make a big pitcher full and put it in the fridge on Sundays and drink it all week. It's not sweet and it's very satisfying, somehow. I have to avoid caffeine for other reasons - haven't had any caffeine since 1997.

Archived