Jessica's Whole30 Round Two

shortystylee

Starting a second round of Whole30 after finishing up round one in March. There are a good many things that I kicked out completely in the past two months (soy, dairy, and I don't drink alcohol anyways). I didn't have grains or legumes at home, but I did sometimes when eating out (sushi a few times). Hopping up here again to reign everything back in again, even though it didn't get out of control completely. I've got my original accountabili-buddy joining me and two first-timers this go 'round.

Meal one: two Italian sausages, one HB egg, hash with potatoes & broccoli, olive oil on top

Meal two: quarter chicken (thigh + leg), roasted with lemon pepper seasoning, roasted carrots, potatoes, broccoli. Olive and pan juice from the chicken on the veggies.

Meal three: chicken tikka masala (recipe), cauliflower rice. Recipe is from the kitchen and needed zero tweaking :)

Day two!

About an hour after dinner last night I was a little hungry... not sure why, since my dinner was big/normal sized for me and I didn't go to Crossfit after work or do other exercise (legs still achy from Sunday's half marathon). Had a few piece of frozen mango and a couple slices of prosciutto.

Meal one: two Italian sausages, one HB egg, hash with potatoes & broccoli, olive oil on top. Brought some prosciutto as a bit more fat to have with the meal, maybe then I won't be as hungry after dinner.

Meal two: quarter chicken (thigh + leg), roasted with lemon pepper seasoning, roasted carrots, potatoes, broccoli. Olive oil and pan juice from the chicken on the veggies.

PreWO mini meal: leftovers from Sunday: Andouille sausage, asparagus, and a little bit of mashed potato.

Meal three: chicken tikka masala, no cauli rice this time.

Pretty much the same as yesterday.... well, 99% the same. Creature of habit right here.

Day three!

Teensy headache this morning, which I'm mostly attributing to the things at work I don't want to do. It's National Running Day today (apparently) so I'm planning on doing a group run with a local store later.

Meal one: Egg frittata (approximately two eggs), ground beef, spinach, peppers, broccoli, mushrooms. Prosciutto on the side.

Meal two: stir fry with shrimp, carrots, cabbage, and bean sprouts.

PreWO mini meal: two HB eggs, prosciutto, banana + almond butter

Meal three: Roasted chicken (leg + thigh, cauli rice + last of the box of baby spinach chopped up, steamed broccoli

Day four!

Stopped in at my Trader Joe's last night to see if they had any frozen cauli rice.... but they were all out :( Needed more olive oil anyways, and got some ghee, so it wasn't a wasted trip.

Meal one: two Italian sausages, hash with potatoes & broccoli, olive oil on top

Meal two: stir fry with shrimp, carrots, cabbage, and bean sprouts.

PreWO mini meal: one HB egg, roast beef, banana + almond butter

Meal three: Roasted chicken breast, sauteed Brussels, crushed "lentil" (aka cauliflower) soup

Day five!

So glad I had that snack yesterday afternoon before Crossfit. I might need to make it a bit bigger before today's WOD. Even yesterday my body wanted a bit more preWO noms.

Meal one: two Italian sausages, steamed broccoli, leftover cauliflower soup

Meal two:

PreWO mini meal:

Meal three:

Archived