Day 14 and really miserable

I sailed throught the first week, feeling very happy and just fine with the food. The last week has been getting steadily harder though - and I'm anxious, angry, hungry, and very sad. Life's a roller coaster, and not in a good way.

I have persistent IBS, and wanted to take these 30 days to see if I could pin down any additional food intolerances. I already know I'm intolerant to gluten, nuts, eggs, aspartame, fodmaps and citrus, and had mostly cut them out of my diet well before I started here. There are more, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. I'm careful with nightshades, and generally use up any 'allowance' there with tomatoes and the occasional potato.

When I started the programme I had forgotten about the extent of the food issues, so I included too many veges, a couple of eggs for breakfast the first weekend, and some nuts. I guess that means that I had quite a bit of pain, bloating and diarrhoea right up until last Thursday when I finally dialled it all in. But now I'm hungry in that unfillable way that means it's not something extra meat or starchy veges can fill. I seem to be eating all the damn time!

I'm not even sure why I'm posting this. Perhaps to see if there's anyone who has felt the same around this time? (I did read the timeline, and had hoped that it would have passed by now).

If you could include some days of your food log that would help...especially if you can show us the differences between before and after. 

Just shooting from the hips my thoughts are that perhaps you are not getting enough fat or perhaps now that your digestion issues are calming down your body is grabbing nutrients like crazy which will make you more hungry. Seeing more details on what you have been eating will help though.

Hi Physibeth - thanks for answering :). I didn't come back because the moods have been slowly lifting, and with the different time zones I was already in tomorrow by the time you had posted, lol. Today I'm halfway through day 17 and it's looking much brighter. The additional food restrictions do make things tough, and I definitely could include more fat. However, it's all a work in progress.

Archived