Day 1 for me

Dblansit

Well this starts day 1 for me and I have my day all planned out. This is the only way for me to stay on track. I'm excited to see what the next 30 days will hold for me. About 4 years ago I lost about 20 pounds but have always been interested in eating more "clean".

Reason's for doing Whole 30

*I have a lot of stomach issues (feel like I probably suffer from IBS), I would like to figure out what triggers most of my problems.

* I also feel like I have a food addiction, I LOVE food it makes me happy but have major guilt after eating something horrible.

I will need a lot of support because this will be a stretch for me!! Look forward to the journey though!

Danelle

Today is also my day 1. I also suffer from IBS and other digestive issues. While I don't have a food addiction, I love sweets and once I start eating them I just can't stop. I feel like I just have to cut it all out entirely so perhaps my desire for sweets will vanish or at least lessen. Good luck on your journey!

I must say I'm a little bit overwhelmed. Just Day 1 and I thought I had everything in check but after being on the forum I'm finding out that there are a couple of things I'm doing that might not be approved Whole 30. For example a couple of people that I know that have completed Whole 30 really spoke highly of Larabars and used them frequently but I'm hearing they aren't approved. Then I looked at the shrimp and other fish I had in my freezer but it has sodium tripolyphoshpate in it. :wacko: I know they put all this stuff in food that is toxic but it is overwhelming at first to get it all right!! The fish in my freezer was some for awhile back so it wasn't a new purchase but still just one more thing to go read a label on!!

Hoping for a better day tomorrow!!

I'm having a much better day today. I had a rough night right before dinner in fighting my cravings. I made it through though!! I was surprised at how many times mentally I just wanted to grab something here and there that weren't good for me. I have 2 kids at home still and I haven't converted them 100% over yet to my ways ;) so it seems like there is always something there that would be easy yet unhealthy for me to just grab. I was VERY proud of myself from refraining though!

Here's to a better night!!

I also have two kids at home and that seems to be the hardest right now....making sandwiches, opening bags of chips, cooking pasta...I am becoming aware of how often I used to just take a bite here and take a bite there.

I'm just a few days ahead of you (6) and still feeling the roller coaster of good day/bad day....but my energy level is already noticeably improved. (And living in a house full of boys, that's a plus!)

Good luck!!

Archived