Nut and coconut allergies help.

Tenshi489

Hi, we are getting ready to start our whole 30 with the whole family, but I am having a bit of trouble, my oldest boy is allergic to all nuts/peanuts and coconuts. Almond milk and coconut milk/oil seem to be the go to substitute for milk, does anyone else have any suggestions as to what we could use instead? We are trying to cushion the blow a little bit cause he is not very excited about this whole thing.  :)

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the link, I searched and didn't find that one. He is a big milk drinker so we wanted something that we could offer him.

Easiest way to search the forum is from Google. Typing milk alternatives Whole30 gave me the link to the above thread and others.

How old is your child?  If you want to cushion the blow as you say, maybe let him keep his milk for now?  Or slowly wean him off, substituting water for him to drink as often as you can.

With nuts and coconut off the table, I can't think of any actual milk subs, but if he's looking for something to drink, what about kombucha or water kefir? You'd probably have to make your own water kefir to ensure compliant ingredients and to ensure that the culture is water kefir and not milk kefir. (Milk kefir grains are cultured in dairy and don't survive longterm with water-based culturing.)

You could also try various iced teas or infused waters. Now that summer is here, my husband and I like to have pitchers of strawberry and mint infused water. Also nice is water infused with cucumber, citrus (any kind), and optional mint.

Archived