Snapz are they ok on Whole30

RachCof

Compliant yes, but.....

1) why would you not just eat an apple?

2) If you're looking for snack ideas you should know that snacking is discouraged - try to eat enough in your three template meals to keep you satiated for 4-5hrs
3) I'd have to ask if the reason you found them 'attractive' was because they're reminiscent of crisp/chips which encourage that kind of hand to mouth eating that you should be learning to ditch

Rach - it's human nature to want to find a substitute for all of the former snacks we enjoyed pre-Whole 30.   This is why so many gravitate towards nuts and dried fruits.  While compliant, it's still Trail Mix snacking.  Snacks are not encouraged but many who were former noshers look for something to fill  all of the voids.   Best thing is to go Cold Turkey with all snacking and eat more at meal times.

Thanks to all, I don't think my motive was to have chips! But, I am glad to know they are, ok, if they are needed. This was recommended by my doctor because, of an autoimmune condition. I am in the process of reading the book but already started the 30 days. Thank you, again.

Welp.   Actually, UltraRunnerGirl is telling you that chips out of a bag are not compliant because they would fall under the same umbrella as potato chips eaten out of a bag or french fries from the drive-thru.  As she said, a few thrown over a salad are fine but if having the bag in the house is a huge temptation to eat them like a box or case of larabars for snacking on while watching TV...not a good thing to have around in a moment of weakness. 

You can make baked white or sweet potato slices in your oven but not eat them out of a bag or from a fast food joint.  Eating them out of the bag takes it to the razor's edge of being a SWYPO....just like drinking fruit juice out of a carton.

Fruit juice can be used for cooking purposes but once again, it's taking it to the razor's edge to keep drinking a glass of orange juice every morning.   It's all about the food formation.   Food formations like Paleo Pancakes or Paleo Breakfast Cereal are a throwback to every other kind of boxed cereal or pancake.

These familiar food formations mess with the head and keep the cravings cycles going for the real thing.  Individually these items are comprised of compliant foods but put them together in an old familiar formation and you're looking at a SWYPO.

Archived