Houston restaurants that are Whole30

kenzilisa

Can anyone recommend some restaurants in Houston where I can find Whole30-compliant food? I'm going to be downtown but I can Uber to wherever.  Also, since beef is huge there I know I can get steak, but can anyone advise what to ask the waiter?  Is steak usually cooked in butter? Is there a particular cut or preparation that is best?

Can you recommend a health food store that has good stuff that is Whole30-compliant?

I'm going for work and it may be kind of last-minute.  I'm considering getting a suite or an apartment when I am there so I have a kitchen where I can prepare stuff or maybe actually cook.  

Thanks!

A few more thoughts. There aren't any grocery stores downtown to my knowledge, but the Whole Foods on Waugh Drive is pretty close and you should be able to get lots of compliant stuff there to keep in your room.

If you are looking for a place downtown where you can get a compliant casual dinner or lunch, it looks like there's a Barnaby's. I go there because I can make a compliant meal by ordering a buffalo burger (no bun!) with guacamole and plain broccoli or a plain salad, or their grilled chicken or grilled salmon plate. It's a cute place with fresh food. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived