Starting June 8th

HannahFH

Hi my name is Hannah and I am committing to start my whole30 on Monday June 8th.  I've been putting it off for way too long waiting for the perfect time to jump in and I can't keep waiting.  This is my first whole30 and I'm excited to see how it changes my life!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Hannah,

Sharon here. We have the same start date. I also have been thinking about doing this for awhile. A few friends are having great success and have inspired me to take the leap. So, here goes. Right now I'm mostly excited, but I do have moments of doubt and fear. I'm hoping to use this forum for support. Would like to check-in with you again soon. Good luck prepping.

I'll be starting on the 8th too! I just got the book for my birthday last week and can't wait to get started. I have had 2 kids in 2 1/2 years, so I am drained and spend too much time chasing them and grabbing a quick bagel or granola bar to eat. Between that and nursing, I have lost so much energy, too much weight and still suffer from rosacea that started during my first pregnancy. I am hoping to gain my old energy, some weight since I'll actually be making meals again and clear up this rosacea once and for all! Good luck to everyone!

Whew! It really helps to know that you June 8 starters are out there. I'm having a lot of self-doubt and feeling fearful about whether I'll be able to do this. Insomnia is a big problem for me and so I haven't been sleeping well because I'm nervous. I started my shopping yesterday and that helped some. I have been existing on fast food, processed carbs, and sweets - so everything has to go. I'm really afraid that I will be too uncomfortable without the foods I use for comfort and escape. I'm trying to trust the process and put one foot in front of the other. I really need the relief I've witnessed from friends on Whole30. Ok....breathe

Can any of you relate to all this craziness??????

Hi my name is Joy I have just turned 44 on the 5th. I have always felt young for age but just recently have started to feel my age.until recently I was also very fit running regularly and lifting weights and felt amazing. Then came fibromyalgia a benign brain tumour, gastritis and IBS. I won't take meds because they make me feel shocking but lately I am always in pain and so very tired. My challenges will be time, I work full time and have 3 children with special needs. Also lack of sleep as I work shifts and my children just don't sleep. I also have no support at home as my husband doesn't believe in dietary intervention. I have done one successful whole 30 and attempted 2 others but failed miserably. Hoping for better success this time. My children are 11 tomorrow (twins) so one last supper. At the moment I have 12 11 year olds in my house for a sleepover and enough cake and sugar to sink a ship they are all very loud and hyperactive I don't think anyone will sleep tonight. Give me strength.

Hi there. My name is Virginia and I'm also beginning in same time frame as all of you, so I'm joining this forum in the hopes we can all talk to eachother for moral support.......I will need loads of it! So here's to us, here's to W30 and here's to feeling better inside and out. CHEERS!

Hi, my name is Amber

I was recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis

I am 35. I have2 boys

I am ALWAYS tired and sore

I am starting Monday in hopes to be a better, less sore Mom :)

I just turned 36 and have two boys as well. I haven't been diagnosed with anything, but I feel just like that all the time. Here's to hoping the Whole30 helps us become less tired moms!

Hi to all the June 8 starters. Here we gooooo...

I'm fully prepped, only whole30 compliant foods in my house. Menu for week planned. I love to cook and I'm retired so I am blessed to have plenty of time to shop, prep, cook, read/post in forum. The challenge is I don't have much structure in my life. My husband and I are full-time RVers and live on the road. My husband says he'll just eat what I eat but I'm a little skeptical about that. He chose to not keep any "emergency food" in his own food cupboard in an attempt to support me (but truth is he's not a healthy eater either). So we shall see....

Good luck to all of u on Day 1! Let's stay connected.

Hi... my name is Tami. I have done various weight loss competitions in the past with neighbor friends. I can seem to get a few pounds off but then it creeps back on. I heard about whole 30 & follow them on instagram & love their posts. I am that girl that loves to exercise but love too eat too much! I have 5 kids, with some part time work so am a busy mama. Therefore stress is high & I start to eat. I feel tired often so then I eat more! I have looked into whole 30 before & thought I might give it a try. I haven't bought then book but think there is enough info here? Thanks ladies we cab do this!

Hi all! I'm Jennifer. I started my first Whole 30 on the 7th. Life has been stressful and hectic. I'm hoping to gain some energy, mood stability, and improve my sleep. Didn't wake up with a 'hangover' today which I consider my win for the day but I'll keep waiting... 

How has day 1 been for everyone? So far so good here. My 14 month old loved the tomato sauce so much he finished his entire bowl and then begged for some of mine. I did get hungry between lunch and dinner so I grabbed an egg I had hard-boiled out of the fridge, but that stopped the hunger. Any other day I would have grabbed a bagel or bowl of cereal and been hungry again 15 minutes later. I usually get hungry again at night, but hoping some tea or water will do the trick. 

Day 2 for me is almost over. It went good. I made the chili recipe in the W30 book for my family and its all gone. So tasty! (I did save one bowl for me for tomorrow) I know I should have doubled the recipe. I'm noticing I was a big lethargic. Had to fight some carb cravings but I perservered. Any one else get a smidge tired today?

I'm up in the middle of the night with insomnia after day 1. My meals were good, but after reading the forums I think I might not be eating enough. As someone with 100+ lbs to lose this is a strange concept for me. I'll add more veggies to my meals tomorrow and see how that feels.

How is everyone else doing?

Hey Ginny, I'm starting day 3 today and also felt a 'smidge' tired yesterday.

I am starting to have some carb cravings but so far it's not too bad. Last evening I had a business dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I didn't get to pick from a menu though. They served us tacos, iceberg lettuce, cheese, sour cream, and rice. That wasn't a challenge I'd expected! Nibbled lettuce and went home to eat a real meal. I don't think those things happen to me very often, but then again, maybe they do all of the time and I just mindlessly eat it? Not looking forward to the 'kill all the things' phase as stress makes me a little cranky anyway - I will struggle to not be a beast.

I'm up in the middle of the night with insomnia after day 1. My meals were good, but after reading the forums I think I might not be eating enough. As someone with 100+ lbs to lose this is a strange concept for me. I'll add more veggies to my meals tomorrow and see how that feels.

How is everyone else doing?

If you want you could post what you ate today for us to look at and see if you need more? It can take a few days to figure out just how much you need to keep you going for 4-5hrs, especially if you've come from a background of grazing and/or calorie restriction...

Howdy!!!  I also started yesterday.  Looking to kick that sugar addiction and some other *crazy* chemical addictions I have.  

I find myself tossing random fruit in my tummy when I feel like I want something.  The thing that is getting me is the liquids.  I am a diet coke / monster / latte gal.  

**Any recommendations on what to drink?**

Looking forward to growing whole30 with you all!

Lisa 

Hi, my name is Tara. I am 44 years old and I also started June 8th. This is my first Whole 30. I randomly saw some people giving testimonies on the Dr Oz show (I never watch that show) about how the program had helped with joint pain. I have bad knees and need to lose 60lbs, so I thought I would give it a try. The first day was relatively easy, but today I am having a Diet coke withdrawal and the resulting headache. My husband agreed to do this with me, but my children say no way (They are 12,17, and 19); however, unless they start cooking for themselves, they are in this with me. Ha ha. One of the main issues I expect to encounter is finding some of the products/ingredients to really do this correctly. I live in a small rural community with limited access to things like specific teas, condiments or oils. I know I don't have to have these things to succeed, it would just be helpful.

Archived