Chez Julie Post-Whole30 Log

chezjulie

W6D40S1    handful of mixed nuts

W6D40M1   3 eggs w/grapes tomatoes & artichoke hearts in coconut oil w/TJs 21 Spice, Gingerberry Kombucha 

W6D40S2    spoonful of peanut butter, 4 strawberries

W6D40M2   2 beef hot dogs, refried black beans, pumpkin w/coconut milk & cinnamon, small avocado, cantaloupe chunks

W6D40S3    2 new potatoes w/ghee

Food:   Woke up early to take my car in & wasn't hungry so just had a handful of nuts first thing. Appetite was funny all day so had two meals & three small snacks. Refried beans are allowed w/one meal a day on a WholeJulie.  ;) 

You got back on track! You are doing well!

Thank you for noticing!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

W6D41M1   tuna fish w/mayo, cucumber slices & cherry tomatoes, 3/4 large oat bake w/strawberries & almonds, agave nectar

W6D41M2   2 pkg. tuna fish, baby spinach, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, small avocado, EVOO & balsamic vinegar

W6D41M3   broiled top sirloin steak w/rub, broccoli, sweet potato w/ghee & cinnamon

W6D41S1   1/4 oat bake, peanut butter, preserves

Food:   Very solid except for the bedtime snack.

W6D42M1   3 eggs, artichoke hearts, baby spinach, mushrooms, grape tomatoes in coconut oil w/TJ's 21 Spice, coffee w/milk

W6D42M2   tuna fish, baby spinach, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, small avocado, EVOO & balsamic vinegar

W6D42M3   egg salad (eggs, mayo, truffle oil), lettuce, tomato, kale, golden raisins, parmesan, slice of watermelon, dark chocolate sunflower butter cup

W6D42S1   Gingerberry Kombucha, spoonful of peanut butter

Food:   Solid day except for the stress-induced sweet after dinner. 

Feelings:   As I've mentioned, I've gained back some pounds and some inches. Of course this is what would happen since I went off the rails quite a bit during my birthday celebrations and my trip to California while sick. I've been hopping on the scale (bad Julie!) and I realize that what I need to do is get a week of solid eating under my belt and then see where I am. I know that this approach works, but not if I let non-WholeJulie foods sneak in regularly. So I'll see where I am on Sunday. For health reasons, I don't really have a choice but to keep going!

Food:   Solid day except for the stress-induced sweet after dinner. 

Feelings:   As I've mentioned, I've gained back some pounds and some inches. Of course this is what would happen since I went off the rails quite a bit during my birthday celebrations and my trip to California while sick. I've been hopping on the scale (bad Julie!) and I realize that what I need to do is get a week of solid eating under my belt and then see where I am. I know that this approach works, but not if I let non-WholeJulie foods sneak in regularly. So I'll see where I am on Sunday. For health reasons, I don't really have a choice but to keep going!

You'll jump back on and be on the right track in no time!!!  

W7D45M1   3 eggs, baby spinach, & small avocado fried w/eggs & coconut flour in coconut oil

W7D45M2   1/2 dozen raw oysters, bowl of seafood gumbo (w/rice)

W7D45M3   2 eggs, ground beef w/mushrooms, onions, & peppers, pinto beans, large serving pan-fried potatoes w/peppers & onions

Food:   I missed a few days of tracking due to other stuff going on such as car trouble. The first day that I missed tracking was good & the second day was not as good. Moving on... We went to the beach today so I could do some birding, hence the seafood lunch.

W7D46M1   small salmon fillet, Gala apple w/almond butter, iced soy latte w/raw sugar, 1/2 cookie

W7D46M2   small salmon fillet, 1/2 grilled chicken breast w/mayo, butternut squash w/ghee & pumpkin pie spice

W7D46S1    Mystic Mango Kombucha, grapes

W7D46M3   parmesan chicken breast, tomato sauce, linguine, garlic bread

W7D46S2   sweet potato w/butter & pumpkin pie spice

Food:   I just started a new medication and it is giving me a funny tummy. I had some celery and carrot sticks for with my breakfast but they tasted very off-putting, and all I wanted for dinner was something bland. I focused on getting some protein with each meal.

W7D47M1   2 beef hot dogs w/ketchup, butternut squash, coffee w/milk

W7D47M2   grilled chicken breast, baby spinach, yellow pear tomatoes, mushrooms, EVOO & balsamic vinegar

W7D47M3   2 1/2 eggs in butter, 3 strips bacon, English muffin (dry), watermelon & grapes

Function:   So far tummy feels better today. 

Feelings:   Aw, thanks, Britt! I was feeling pretty down about being off track, so it's nice to hear that you see it more positively. And my DH took a picture of me at the park that looks like a "before" photo. :(  I have been reminding myself that even if I am not eating perfectly and my body is not where I want it to be, I'm eating sooooo many more vegetables and good fats than before, and drinking far fewer sodas and iced lattes. (My new fave is Pure Leaf Unsweetened Tea, which doesn't contain "caramel color" (sugar), and is the tastiest unsweetened iced tea I've ever had. So I keep bottles of that at home instead of soda). I'm also having almost no frozen food except for frozen veggies.

W7D48M1   2 1/2 eggs in bacon fat, rainbow chard, "paleo" bread w/butter, coffee w/milk

W7D48M2   chicken breast w/ cashew crust, small arugula & tomato salad w/balsamic vinaigrette

W7D48M3   salmon fillet w/pesto, asparagus, pumpkin w/pumpkin pie spice, 2 apricots

Food:   A colleague brought paleo bread to a work party this morning, and I was curious to check it out. With apologies to Dallas and Melissa Hartwig, it was pretty tasty!

W7D49M1   2 hot dogs, broccoli slaw w/EVOO & balsamic, 1/2 cinnamon raisin English muffin, coffee w/milk

W7D49M2   grilled chicken breast, baby spinach, mushrooms, yellow pear tomatoes, 1/3 large avocado, EVOO & balsamic vinegar

W7D49M3   beef kebab, chicken kebab, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, 2 apricots, Mystic Mango Kombucha

W7D49S1    1/2 cinnamon raisin English muffin

Food:   Super hungry today, probably due to where I am on my cycle.

Feelings:   Today's menu is kind of how I see myself eating on the WholeJulie... mostly protein, veggies, and fat, with one serving of fruit, and occasionally something like refried beans or 1/2 an English muffin.

Donna, it's just store bought pesto, although I have seen paleo pesto recipes. Salmon w/pesto is one of our favorite dinners, so I wanted to bring it back after the Whole30. 

W7D48M1   2 1/2 eggs in bacon fat, rainbow chard, "paleo" bread w/butter, coffee w/milk

W7D48M2   chicken breast w/ cashew crust, small arugula & tomato salad w/balsamic vinaigrette

W7D48M3   salmon fillet w/pesto, asparagus, pumpkin w/pumpkin pie spice, 2 apricots

Food:   A colleague brought paleo bread to a work party this morning, and I was curious to check it out. With apologies to Dallas and Melissa Hartwig, it was pretty tasty!

Do you make your own pesto.  Looking for a recommended recipe and you've never steered me wrong!

W8D50M1   3 turkey sausage patties, bacon, potatoes, peppers, & onions in EVOO, grilled zucchini, 3 grilled pineapple slices, coffee w/milk

W8D50M2   2 1/2 hard boiled eggs, spring mix, sliced cabbage, beets, roasted pumpkin seeds, EVOO & apple cider vinegar

W8D50M3   3 hot dogs w/ketchup & mustard, broccoli slaw w/EVOO & balsamic vinegar, sweet potato w/ghee & pumpkin pie spice, apricot

W8D50S1    several spoonfuls of peanut butter

Food: I think I needed a mini-meal later in the evening instead of peanut butter out of the jar!

W8D51M1   2 hot dogs w/ketchup & mustard, cole slaw w/EVOO & balsamic vinegar, coffee w/milk, dark chocolate covered peanuts*

W8D51M2    tuna fish, baby spinach, mushrooms, yellow pear tomatoes, 1/2 large avocado, EVOO & balsamic vinegar 

W8D51M3   meatballs w/marinara sauce & 1/2 French bread, baby potatoes w/EVOO

W8D51M3   large serving macadamia nuts, blueberries

*Did I mention that I am at a certain place in my cycle?  ;) One of the mods said magnesium can help with chocolate cravings.

Food:   Hungry, hungry, hungry!

Feelings:   Happy that my clothes are finally a smidgen looser as result of tightening up the diet. 

Donna, it's just store bought pesto, although I have seen paleo pesto recipes. Salmon w/pesto is one of our favorite dinners, so I wanted to bring it back after the Whole30. 

Thanks Julie!  I'll check the "good" groceries before buying 12 tons of basil.

W7D47M1   2 beef hot dogs w/ketchup, butternut squash, coffee w/milk

W7D47M2   grilled chicken breast, baby spinach, yellow pear tomatoes, mushrooms, EVOO & balsamic vinegar

W7D47M3   2 1/2 eggs in butter, 3 strips bacon, English muffin (dry), watermelon & grapes

Function:   So far tummy feels better today. 

Feelings:   Aw, thanks, Britt! I was feeling pretty down about being off track, so it's nice to hear that you see it more positively. And my DH took a picture of me at the park that looks like a "before" photo. :(  I have been reminding myself that even if I am not eating perfectly and my body is not where I want it to be, I'm eating sooooo many more vegetables and good fats than before, and drinking far fewer sodas and iced lattes. (My new fave is Pure Leaf Unsweetened Tea, which doesn't contain "caramel color" (sugar), and is the tastiest unsweetened iced tea I've ever had. So I keep bottles of that at home instead of soda). I'm also having almost no frozen food except for frozen veggies.

I'm sure the photo was just a bad shot!  So sorry it made you feel bad.  Cheer up, buttercup!  

W8D52S1    Gluten Free Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter, dark chocolate covered almonds

W8D52M1   4 turkey sausage, roast potatoes w/peppers & onions, grilled cabbage w/EVOO & almond slivers

W8D52M2   romaine lettuce w/cucumber, tomato, black olives, pepperoni, & Italian vinaigrette, Gingerberry Kombucha

W8D52M3   grilled tilapia, lettuce, grilled vegetables, vinaigrette, bottom of taco shell bowl

W8D52S2    green grapes, peanut butter

Food:   I picked up some individual packets of Natural Calm, the magnesium supplement recommended by the Whole30, to see if it helps with my chocolate cravings. I think I also need to stay out of the grocery store nearby (which has bulk bins) for the next few days. Too dangerous! My dinner came in a taco shell bowl which at one time I would have devoured; I just ate the bottom of it.

W8D53M1   Chappell Hill sausage, roasted brussels sprouts in EVOO, 1/2 Gala apple, coffee w/milk

W8D53M2   2 Applegate hot dogs w/ketchup & mustard, coleslaw w/EVOO & balsamic vinegar, 3 black figs

W8D53M3   steak w/spice rub, broccoli, baked potato w/butter & ghee

W8D54M1   2 Applegate hot dogs, cinnamon raisin English muffins, coffee w/milk

W8D54M2   broccoli, sweet potato w/ghee & pumpkin pie spice

W8D54M3   tuna fish, red baby spinach, cole slaw, mushrooms, 1/2 avocado, French vinaigrette dressing 

W8D54M4   ground turkey, marinara sauce, zoodles, 6 figs, plantain chips

Britt, I've really never had an issue with milk. I know you are looking forward to coffee with milk!

Archived