What's for dinner?-- June Edition

Munkers

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Me too!  I don't post to it every day but I read it every day.  GREAT for ideas!

Lunch is fresh sockeye baked with za'atar seasoning.  Served with warba potatoes and roasted broc/green beans/red pepper and a half avocado.

Dinner will be an enormous green salad (w/ pickles, avo, strawberries, pepitas, ranch dressing) and some BBQ'd bone in chicken breasts that I got on sale yesterday.  

I'm nearing the end of my cooking week so things are "no prep required" at this point.  ;)

• Administrators

Dinner tonight will be wild sockeye salmon with garlic, olive oil and dill with mashed orange cauliflower.

Oh!  Orange as in the flavour? Or orange as in the color?  I once mashed the purple cauliflower....it was a lot like eating a cooked muppet.  

Oh!  Orange as in the flavour? Or orange as in the color?  I once mashed the purple cauliflower....it was a lot like eating a cooked muppet.

Orange in color. First time I'm trying it: wish me luck!

GFChris-- I wonder if it will look like mashed potatoes with cheese? That is one of hubby's favorite ways to have mashed potato, so I usually let him stir it in after I have taken my portion out. He will take shredded sharp cheddar and mix it in and it gets a little orange. 

Dinner tonight is leftover baked chicken thighs-- I did thighs last night with ghee, chopped onions, rosemary, sage, thyme and salt and pepper with some lemon juice sprinkled around. It was bottled lemon juice that I use for my mayo, and I think next time, I will use lemon slices. Still good though! Probably have it with some California mix. 

I had blackened cod with mango slaw, salsa type salad, guacamole and lime mayo. And I made stupideasypaleo soft taco wraps too but I'm not w30 at the moment. It would have been just as good without.

Baked chicken with diced tomatoes, roasted potatoes, zucchini and carrots......I am LOVING roasted carrots!!  Before doing the Whole30 you couldn't have gotten me anywhere near a carrot lol....

Dinner tonight on a plane: Leftover pork meatballs, a hard boiled egg with homemade mayo, cucumber slices, bell pepper slices, blueberries.

Channeling my inner Melissa Joulwan and her Cold Composed Plates: http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2014/06/25/great-ingredients-recipe-required/

I've been channeling the cold plates too.

Wednesday was leftover shredded chicken (cold), mayo, hearts of palm, green olives (stuffed w/ garlic and jalapeno--yum!), leftover roast snap peas, cubed sweet potatoes.

Last night was "throw all the leftovers in the skillet"--kalua pork, shredded cabbage, sweet potatoes, the last of the snap peas, and a zucchini I found buried in the veggie drawer. Husband didn't think I could eat it all, but I showed him. ;)

Last night was "throw all the leftovers in the skillet"--kalua pork, shredded cabbage, sweet potatoes, the last of the snap peas, and a zucchini I found buried in the veggie drawer. Husband didn't think I could eat it all, but I showed him. ;)

My kind of meal...on many levels :)

I didn't get my chuck roast on to cook yesterday, so dinner was breakfast. Homemade sausage patties, eggs fried in ghee on top of roasted Brussels sprouts, sliced tomatoes and bell peppers. Quick and easy after working in the yard much of the day.

Tonight we'll have the pot roast, potatoes (russet for him, sweet for me), kale & carrots, and some other vegetable TBD.

Tonight's dinner will by my share of locally caught, pan seared king salmon, roasted (in bacon fat) Brussels sprouts & potatoes, a sauce of homemade mayo, capers, lemon and pepper for the fish and maybe some green olives.  I have officially gone from someone who hated sprouts to someone who eats them 2-3x a week! so weird...

Tonight I had a palm size, boneless, skinless chicken thigh, lightly coated with coconut flour and fried in a tablespoon of ghee, with the beet, avocado and orange salad (which is awesome by the way) and roasted broccoli....sometimes I feel like I am eating too much at one sitting...I am on Day 7

Grass fed sirloin top beef ( sesame oil garlic ginger 5 spice s p) grilled with smashed Avacado (lime juice red pepper flake s p) rabbi with olive oil currants garlic black olives nutmeg and baked sweet potato fries in c butter Avacado oil cinnamon allspice s p and riced cawli

Friend's birthday is tomorrow. He's a spice hound so I made a double batch of lizard sauce. Three containers later I have one for him to eat now, one to freeze, and one for me. I'll toss it with some kalua pork or maybe use it to dip leftover chicken.

Also made Nom Nom Paleo's Magic Mushroom Powder and her Pyro Powder (from her ipad app). Except, instead of red pepper flake, I made it with powdered ghost pepper because the aforementioned friend is a nutball who likes to eat napalm. I have a blinding headache after working with the stuff.  :wacko:

Archived