Starting June 6th, words of wisdom?

Hi! My name is Anne and I am a returning Whole30-er. I completed my first one two years ago and have tried to complete another one, but have yet to succeed. I keep making it a week or two in and finding a reason (a stupid one I'm sure) to cheat. I never can seem to pick it back up right away and start on Day One again after that one cheat. I wait a couple of months and try another one. But NOT THIS TIME! I can and will succeed because this is the only body I'll ever have and I want it to be healthy!

Any wisdom from you all? How have you recovered from a cheat or two? Or rather what are some strategies you have used to combat the cravings for not so good for you food? Especially in stressful situations.

Hi Anne!

I did my first (and only) Whole30 in January.  Going for #2 after a month of traveling and indulging .. just couldn't get back to healthy choices.  I'm on day 7.

What helped me a lot last time ... and already saved me this week ... is my rule for stopping (i.e. cheating).  I won't let myself make that decision in the moment.  I ALWAYS need to sleep on it.  If I get up in the morning and want to stop, no problem.  Of course, come morning, everything is different and I'm glad I didn't throw in the towel over some stupid candy or (awesome) wine!  And then the rule starts over ...

I'm far from an expert ... but I hope this might help you too.  I look forward to others input.  Night cravings (and stress) are tough!!!  I could use some tips too!

Have a good Whole30  :)

Protein and good dietary fats are the antidote for sugar cravings.  Eliminate larabars and extra large fruit servings.    Don't eat dried fruits and nut butters.   Forego nuts, too...if they're only going to be used for constant snacking.    Nuts should not be used for the primary fat source.   Dates and dried fruits should be used for cooking purposes.   

Think protein in the form of actual meat and fish alongside your eggs.   Think fats in the form of olives, avocado, bacon (mostly fat with a smidge of protein), coconut oil, olive oil, macadamia nut oil and other compliant fats.   Protein and fat should be used for cravings until you can break all of the thrill eating cycles.

Archived