Day 32 - off the whole thirty

Jrking

Hi all

So my whole 30 ended. I lost 8 pounds and 4 and a half inches off my waist and 2 off everywhere else so great results. I also felt amazing by the end - no headaches, stopped feeling sick and was generally feeling much better. Yesterday was my first day off the whole 30. I had some dairy in the day - like milk in tea, a tiny bit of Parmesan on a fish pie with celeriac mash and in the evening I had people over and made paleo almond butter chocolate cookies, they tasted unbelievable! I also had some prosecco - today I was well behaved during the day but then I went to a party with my husband and ended up eating chocolate cake, pimms and a load more cookies. I feel so guilty now! I feel like I've been so naughty and I've let go of my discipline. Has this happened to anyone else? I need to get back on it. I think the alcohol made me go mad!

Try to let go of the guilt and morality around food. Food isn't inherently "good" or "bad" - we just make a choice that is more healthy or less healthy.

Look at what you've learned. For some folks, alcohol is the gateway to eating more foods that make them less healthy.

This is all part of riding your own bike and figuring out how you want to eat going forward.  Make your own set of rules.

• 2 weeks later...

After my reintro's I went insane.  I was a sugar maniac and I felt so bad about myself :) I have since gotten it back in check but have realized how certain foods will throw all of my caution out the door and I avoid those as much as possible.  I would definitely recommend doing the reintros and then even after that point, if you don't have any physical reactions, really dive into the emotional connections.  I can't stop myself once I eat gluten products, dairy or alcohol so I am avoiding those unless I don't want to.  In that situation I don't feel guilty.  It sucks feeling guilty about what you eat and that certainly isn't any one's goal from doing this.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived