Bought the book yesterday, and just jumped in.

i-m-chickie

Was reading an article on Yahoo News, light and fluffy news, not BBC, I call it my junk news that I do enjoy reading. Anyway, there was a featured article by a foodie who was trying out the whole Whole 30 thing. Hadn't heard of it, so after the light and funny read about this poor suffering gal (she works with food so lotsa temptation), I went to the website and read some, then put my shoes on and went to BAM and bought the book. I sat down with a black coffee (which I do NOT drink, I like my coffee just like me, blond and sweet! :) ) and decided give it a go.

The book explained common symptoms of a prolonged bad diet. OMG I had almost all a gal could have. And they have been super bad lately as my stress level has been high. BOOM. Lets do this.

So I logged into this forum, read of the June 1st starters, a ton of them and all their prep work. Prep work? OMG I am in trouble. I started anyway. Got out the coconut oil, some eggs and some fresh herbs from the garden and made some food. 

It has been 24 hours so am I on day one or two? I started in the afternoon yesterday gonna call it day one today.

Well, as I am in one of those "Grrrr, I am gonna knuckle down and CHANGE my life" moods. And more than a mood, an OMG I have to change, as I am lot living life but just existing, the hard work spoke to me. AND the Hartwigs writing style is fantastically funny and real. Drinking black coffee Is. Not. Hard. It is get it done stuff! Every time I sip my favorite drink with out the cream and sugar I think to myself.."GRRR, I could eat sheet metal screws I am so tough!" (is that Whole 30 compliant?) Maybe I should finish my taxes now with my bad self! 

So here I am 40 odd years old, in a house full of Whole30 unfriendly food, nope that banana bread is not interesting it is a "nope I don't need you" testimony to how sure I am that I can get rid of my fat knees. (only noticed them yesterday, How do knees get fat?). I struggle with major depression, fibromyalgia, and the attention span of a....oh, let me go do this. So here's to doing what has to get done. Taking control, and some serious spring cleaning.

Incidentally I am spring cleaning to keep myself busy. Gonna go put all my skinny clothes in a big box and gift wrap it to open when I have these clothes falling off my fat-knee-ed self. I am not obese, but I saw a celebrity today who is my weight, she said so, and I thought "OMG is that what I look like?" May work for her not for me. 

Here's to finding control, clear headedness, focus, and a healthier me, Here is to conquest and making a life happen. Saying no to stuff making my life harder. My life. And making it look like I want it to. And to not having fat knees!

Thanks for reading, And thanks for sharing you experiences. And get her done!

Now to find out what zoodles are?  ;)

Zoodles are zucchini noodles, made with fancy kitchen tools or kick-butt knife skills (I have something that looks like a pencil sharpener that I use). Totally yummy, if you like zucchini. I started yesterday, welcome, and good luck with the gift wrap. I love the idea, but am too lazy to wrap that much stuff.

Thanks Kithkin! 

Oh and the clothes, one big box wrapped. I am nuts, but not that nuts.

I got inspired by another book. While looking for Whole30 in BAM I spotted a book called Lose the Clutter, Lose the weight-Peter Walsh. I will be doing a weight loss for my house too. I liked his ideas. He is an organizational consultant. In his experience he found people who got their houses in order, massive de-cluttering, also lost weight. 

He has a pairing diet which I will not follow, like Whole30 much better. 

I am not a hoarder, but I do hang on to things out of guilt. A t-shirt my sister gave me, a wedding present...19 years old, etc. The opening chapter had a bunch of bullet point questions. One of them compared my feeling in my house v. how I feel when I walk into a freshly cleaned hotel room Yeah! I want my house to feel like that! So 6 weeks for that program, AND it keeps me busy. You know, focused on lifestyle making over not just avoiding chocolate. Have been so busy today I never thought of chocolate until just now. And I don't want it. I want a healthy lifestyle instead.

Staying busy. Staying focused.

Thank you Whole30. This has been one of the best days I have had in a long time. And my bedroom looks amazing. 

Good for you i-m-chickie

You are gonna love W30

Do you cook or try?

There's great resources and links in cooking

And recipies section

Whowh Nellie don't start buying the store

Be practical and shop from the grocery list you can print it

Make things compliant but like your used to at first

Or you'll drive yourself nuts not things too expensive or not your taste

Stick with it

I jumped in with both feet 5/4th and haven't looked back Love this way of eating

Made mistakes

Sounds like you'll be fine Good luck!

OH my gosh I read the article on yahoo too, bought the book and am on day 10 lol!!!

Your posts are so fun to read-thank-you for being yourself and making me smile today!!!!!

Please pop over to my log LisaPt or my initial page May 28th on the join forum and meet me :)

We must have read the same article on Yahoo as right after reading the article as three more clicks I ordered it from Amazon and it arrived yesterday.  I'm still reading Part 1 but have the goal of making my two week meal plan and grocery list tomorrow so I can start the plan on June 8th.  Here's to getting me in the kitchen and cooking healthy food.  :-)

I have been sooooo sick. BUT, I have stuck with Whole30.

I have the killer of all colds, and I live in Florida where we are in the mid 90s. Coughing sneezing, aching, fever chills. And I swear if I could lose weight through blowing snot out, I would be Ghandi skinny right now. 

Yesterday, I had zero attention span, weak, and a sore throat like I swallowed a flaming cactus, just to eat something, I cooked up three eggs (odd that my hands hold three and they fill me, I cannot get over this revelation). And I am making myself love Almond milk. Well, I drank a whole bunch of it...Lemme tell you it is hard to love something you barf up violently. Sticking to it.

I did two no-nos, one isn't to terribly bad...I had Nyquil. I had to, but I am sure that disgust-o-fest of a syrup has sugar in it to ATTEMPT to make it taste better. And I stepped on the scale. I had to. I am a runner, but prefer the tread mill, as I like the calorie burn thingie telling me I am a good-girl, and the distance thingie saying you can get off at any time and not have to double back. Commitment issues? Perhaps. Maybe I should just get a FitBit. Well, I have lost a few pounds. And that made me say, stick to it Chickie!

Well, I spent most of the last two days in bed, just got up and made a zingy batch of fresh guacamole that I split with hubby, fresh cilantro makes even boring avocados sing! What's up with avocados these days. May have to plant a tree.

Thanks for the reads and encouragement. I will check some of ya'll out. Day 6 is tomorrow. Here we go.

Good for you i-m-chickie

You are gonna love W30

Do you cook or try?

There's great resources and links in cooking

And recipies section

Whowh Nellie don't start buying the store

Be practical and shop from the grocery list you can print it

Make things compliant but like your used to at first

Or you'll drive yourself nuts not things too expensive or not your taste

Stick with it

I jumped in with both feet 5/4th and haven't looked back Love this way of eating

Made mistakes

Sounds like you'll be fine Good luck!

MeGaGardener, I think I am a goddess in the kitchen. My husband tries to tell me no to keep my humble. He loves my cooking.  I am a FOoooooDie! I work in a restaurant a couple days a week. I watch Food Network like the news. Does anyone here know Alex Guarneschelli? I really want to have her over. Also Geoffery Zakarian and Scott Conant, wow can they finesse food. I think cooking is one of the sexiest things we can do upright. You can just make someone else so happy. Okay weird, I shouldn't have compared it to sex and then said that.

Anyway, I recently planted an herb garden, much harder to kill herbs. And zipping out poolside and plucking fresh basil and Oregano just to make an omelette is so "I AM Donatella Arpaia!" The herbs are helping with the new tastes I am developing and try to not get bored with. I miss my crunch. I watched an episode of Iron Chef and then went to sleep and dreamed of making chicken skin crisps for snacks...interesting although I think chicken skin is gross, but I suppose the chicken isn't using is anymore. Wow, I think I still have a fever, maybe I shouldn't be writing right now.

I swear I am not drunk posting, but maybe just fever posting.

OH my gosh I read the article on yahoo too, bought the book and am on day 10 lol!!!

Your posts are so fun to read-thank-you for being yourself and making me smile today!!!!!

Please pop over to my log LisaPt or my initial page May 28th on the join forum and meet me :)

Join the forum? What is that? I thought this was the forum? Excuse me I am blond, sick and feverish and want a muffin!

Lol IMCh you're a riot! Sorry you have t been feeling well! This * is* the FORUM but lots of us start our own threads and others join in. We seem to learn a lot from each other- at least I do! For example, I started a thread on THIS (Join the Whole30) page of the Forum entitled "Here we go!" It was just me reaching out to say hey all! I'm doing this W30 thaaaang! A few folks that started around the same time jumped in and we have been keeping each other posted just about every day! I'm also hanging out on the Ladies Only page too.

It's after midnight (nice to see another night owl or maybe you're just ill?) so today is technically Day7. I had a crazy day yesterday so it's taken me a while to settle down but I'm off to bed now.

Hope to see you around!

Bean

Good morning ladies

Imchickie

The Forum go to home then scroll down to new content or search there was a post about "crunch" and what to have that's compliant if I find it I'll post

Btw bone broth it helps to sip on Hope you're feeling better I love to cook and learned even more watching that foodnetwork love those guys keep it up!

BeanTown, I am a bit of a night owl. See ya around then.

MeGa, I was thinking of making a batch of bone broth; my goodness, "bone broth" sounds so medieval. Dunno why?

LisaPT, Thanks Chica! I love to make people laugh. And expression, like cooking, ought to be shared. Thanks for the sweet compliment.

When I publish my first book, you'll be sure to get one! ;)

• Administrators

And I am making myself love Almond milk. Well, I drank a whole bunch of it...Lemme tell you it is hard to love something you barf up violently. Sticking to it.

You might consider giving up the almond milk unless you are using it for cooking or a splash in your coffee.  First, it is highly discouraged to drink calories.  Second, nuts and their butters and milks can be highly gut disruptive for some folks and if you already have a sensitive stomach from being sick, putting nut milk in there is not a good idea.

Hope you're feeling better today!

Thanks Lady Shanny, did not know that. I was drinking my calories as I was too sick to cook. I have since gotten my hubby to support me in eating different...so he can help cook...or rather chop the veggies! Who doesn't love help in the kitchen?

Cold has turned to bronchitis, but I am staying positive and taking a bag of "fat chickie" clothes to Goodwill! 

Archived