Starting June 8! Who's with me?

klack

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to join with you but I will be a day behind you. My daughters 2nd birthday is the 8th. So I am starting the 9th because I want to bake her a cake which I have never baked before (pray for me lol). After that, I will locked into the Whole 30!

I actually started today (the 7th) and I'm doing a Whole40 since I turned 40 this year and it's hitting me hard!  I've gained back almost 20 of the 30 pounds I lost last year.  My diet Mountain Dew addiction was back in full swing and I started smoking again, and more than just socially.  Also, due to a lot of work stress and some personal things, my wine intake was really getting up there.  

This will be my third Whole30 and I cannot wait to get back on track and start seeing results.  I put the scale away.  That's the only thing I didn't follow on my other Whole30's.  I took my before pictures this morning.  

Now to finish my food prep for the week!

Me! Me! Me! I have started and failed by day 3 twice already. I really need the accountability. I have all the food, but other food too. And little kids who drive me to stress eat by 3pm.

I am starting tomorrow (June 8) as well!  Very excited to start this journey and so happy to have people to do it with.  I just finished prepping my lunch/dinner for the next few days.Also, I have never been much of a breakfast person, so a little bit nervous about that....I am going to have to learn to love eggs!

Here's to the June 8 crew! Let's do this!

Hey Snaplily -That Spinach Frittata sounds delish! I plan on having eggs, spinach, strawberries and half an avocado.  Lunch - Salmon, mixed greens with cubed sweet potato on top, melon. Dinner: same as lunch.  To be honest, I really feel like I will be eating like a queen compared to other diet plans I have been on.

Hey Katie! Salmon sounds fantastic. I don't know why, but I've always been leery of cooking seafood, but I've got the feeling that I'm going to want to experiment with more than just chicken and eggs by the time this thing is over. 

I agree on the whole feeling like a queen thing! I think it's the freedom to add (a sane amount of) healthy fats to my meals. I love guac and I feel like I'm going to be eating a LOT of it in the next 30 days.

I have never been much of a breakfast person, so a little bit nervous about that....I am going to have to learn to love eggs!!

You don't have to have eggs for your first meal. Start thinking of breakfast as meal 1, and that opens up endless alternatives for protein, veg and fat. Google Whole30 non egg breakfasts for past discussion threads on this topic.

I am also starting tomorrow!  Made my trip to the grocery store today and am looking forward to getting started.  :)  I'm hoping for relief from allergies, inflammation, and general fatigue.  Also looking forward to breaking up with my scale for the month.  It has been a very stressful relationship lately and I think we need some time away from each other. :D

Archived