Starting June 8! Who's with me?

klack

• Administrators

thanks, I will.  I don't add fat with fatty meats, I will check the template to see if I should.  Yes, M3 is my post workout meal.  I hear you about the non food breakfast, I will add some meat to that.  (I'm doing the autoimmune, so, no eggs or nuts).  I appreciate your suggestions!!

Hmmm...ground pork, chicken breast and ground buffalo would not be considered fatty meats.  You would want to add something to your meal from a fat perspective.  

Aside from not being able to eat eggs and nuts, you should still be able to eat a huge variety of veggies (micronutrients and bulk to keep yourself full/"moving") as well as most meats and fats.  Try adding protein and veggies to your breakfast and fats to your other meals (exception: post workout = no fat).

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm...ground pork, chicken breast and ground buffalo would not be considered fatty meats.  You would want to add something to your meal from a fat perspective.  

Aside from not being able to eat eggs and nuts, you should still be able to eat a huge variety of veggies (micronutrients and bulk to keep yourself full/"moving") as well as most meats and fats.  Try adding protein and veggies to your breakfast and fats to your other meals (exception: post workout = no fat).

Ok, I will!  thanks very much!

I love reading through this group at the end of the day. :)  Great ideas and support all around.  We are a tough group by now, we can get each other through this! I  hope the tweaks suggested work for everyone.  I am still amazed that I had to add the red meat and fat in to make mine work - I have spent so long avoiding fat that it felt absolutely sinful, but it has made all the difference.  Astonishing.

Beverage, it sounds like you've tried about everything for that sinus - probably even irrigating?  Not a fun procedure.  Hopefully the good rest and fluids will clear it up for you this weekend.

I had a good day today.  Positive mood and steady energy, still enjoying the challenge of all these new things to try. I finally got two butternut squash chopped and ended up bagging them and storing them in the freezer for the next time I want to make soup or the porridge.  I've only had them for a week, lol.  Now to decide what to do with the two plantains I bought. 

M1: frittata of leftover sausage mix, spinach, eggs

M2: stuffed pepper, sweet potato mash, chai tea with coconut milk

M3: ny strip with green beans, onion, mushroom, peppers sauteed in olive oil, small red banana

Are you at home all day with that heat? If your AC isn't working, you'd be amazed at what blowing a fan through a damp towel will do for a room. Also, if tyou have a clean shop vac, Styrofoam cooler, duct tape, and a couple bags of ice a red neck AC is pretty easy to make. Good job on hanging in there. :-)

Wow!! Thank you so much for those ideas. Today was slightly better than yesterday as it has cooled down faster this evening and we are able to open the windows and let the cool air in. We also let them run all night with the windows open so sleeping wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated. Monday is the day it gets fixed and this weekend will be in the low 90's which is a huge reprieve from the low 100's.

Today was a complete 180 from yesterday. I was in a much better mood and took no nap! Pretty steady energy and really kicked my own tush during my workout tonight. I felt strong the whole time. 

m1: small yam and 1/2 green apple hash, 1 link chicken apple sausage and 2 eggs coffee with coconut cream

m2: compliant chipotle (carnitas, lettuce, pico, guac) When i got home i sautéed my own bell pepper and onion

m3) same as meal 1 because it was so good but i added onion and mushrooms and 1 more egg ( i was so hungry after my work out) 

I drank a gallon of water today!

Day 19 in the books! It has been slightly challenging watching my family who are not whole30'ing eat. My mom just went to get In and Out. But Im reminded of the feeling that i would get if i were to eat that and its just not worth it today.

10 more days!! We can do this.

Sarah

Day19

M1: Spinach + tomatoes + onions + peppers omelette

M2: Indian cauliflower rice + chicken

M3: Hot Dogs + avocado

Having my baby spend the weekend with his biological family made me want to put my face in a 6 layer chocolate cake from PF Changs.... I honestly thought that was the only thing that could make me feel better.... but then... we were so close to day 20 that would suck to start over.... So instead decided to go and get some freeze dried cantaloupes... but my fiance made me stop.... he said that is a SWPO even if it is fruit.... the idea of just throwing sugar in my mouth is unhealthy I know... so we went to the movies with a bottle of water instead and it was ok :o 

Well, ladyshanny, I followed your advice of adding more fat and vegetables, and guess what??  I woke up feeling great!!  Thank You!!!!!!  I'm feeling excited that I can continue to the end with it not being daily torture!  You've been so very helpful.  I really appreciate your insights!

Haven't posted in a few days but I'm still on board. Having substantially more energy. Clothes a bit looser. Less joint pain. Better sleep.

On a family camp out with lots of people eating lots of non-compliant food. Not tempted to cheat, but definitely uncomfortable. Feeling "hungry" and a bit deprived.

Thinking about continuing on for another 30 days. Anybody else?

Having my baby spend the weekend with his biological family made me want to put my face in a 6 layer chocolate cake from PF Changs....  so we went to the movies with a bottle of water instead and it was ok :o

anaxg I don't know how you do it - you are such an inspiration to me.  My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Happy Day 20!

M1: 2 fried eggs, sautéed potatoes, strawberries (and tea!)

M2: hamburger patty with mustard, olives, bunch of salted cucumbers

M3: thai beef lettuce wraps w/ watermelon

Felt really tired today- slept almost 12 hours and then took a nap!  As I said before, the past few days I know I haven't had enough red meat or fat, so I upped it today.

I'm on instagram as @lacleggray if anyone wants to follow!  It's literally only pictures of what I'm eating and my dog.

Haven't posted in a few days but I'm still on board. Having substantially more energy. Clothes a bit looser. Less joint pain. Better sleep.

On a family camp out with lots of people eating lots of non-compliant food. Not tempted to cheat, but definitely uncomfortable. Feeling "hungry" and a bit deprived.

Thinking about continuing on for another 30 days. Anybody else?

I am really leaning towards another round. I am feeling do good now and have the steady energy that I don't want to add a food back in that could cause me trouble again. Right now the only thing I'm missing is dairy and a little honey in my tea. I still get cravings but they don't last long and seem to be more power if suggestion than anything else.

Happy 20 :-)

Today was good. Good energy, good mood, hood food. Was good to see some other folks enjoying feeling better today as well.

Tonight I tried frying plantains - I will most definitely do that again! Mmmmm

M1: eggs with sponach, onion, mushroom, and avocado

M2: protein salad of pork loin, sweet potato, avocado, peppers, onion, and pineapple salsa

M3: garlic shrimp with peppers, mushroom,and fresh herbs, fried plantains.

good morning Happy Day 21. 

I went to bed with a roaring headache and I know it was the fruit I had after dinner. Ive also noticed my face seemed to have  a minor breakout early this week. Wow just that bit of natural sugars did me in lol. The weather here in NorCal is much better this weekend. It is actually enjoyable with a delta breeze. But the triple digits return next week. The next 7 days will all be in the 100's but the new AC comes in tomorrow woohoo!!! 8 more days until i move into my new place. Sounds silly but I bought a brand new refrigerator. My first appliance purchase ever. I am so darn excited. Currently I share the fridge with 3 other people and there are so many trigger foods in there and literally no space. Can you believe we are on the start of week 4 tomorrow? Today is my meal prep day. This week Im going to may mini sliders wrapped in lettuce with asparagus fries and do something with the salmon i have. I will be prepared no matter what. I have been doing some body checking and Ill be honest Im eager yet not eager to weigh on day 31. I can see more midsection definition but I don't want to get my hope up with thinking I lost or did not lose any weight. I will for sure be doing another round of whole 30. But most likely at the end of July. On day 30 my friend is having her 30th birthday party and I will not be drinking. I am committed. Plus the California state fair comes to Sacramento on July 10th and you bet Im having a beer and corn dog lol. But I will stay whole 30 in the mean time. My goal this week is to keep my water intake up and to be honest with my self about my emotions. I really need to reevaluate the budding relationship Im in. Have a wonderful day 21! only 9 more days

Sarah

This frizzy-haired lady can't believe it's already day 21!  This humidity is killing me.  Well, my hair is getting the brunt of it.  (Curly hair + humidity = afro)

Had to choke down my breakfast this morning of leftover thai beef and fried eggs.  I ate the eggs and some cherries I had, but the sweet potato that's mixed in with the meat was just NOT happening.  Going to switch back to some bland foods for the next few meals- mashed cauliflower, mashed potatoes, grilled chicken, etc.  Hopefully my appetite will be better by the end of the day.

I went to Trader Joe's this morning (which I very rarely do- I'm a Whole Foods gal!) just to get cauliflower rice, and they didn't have any!!  I SEARCHED, it was not there.  Sad.  So I got a head of cauliflower and I'll have to pulverize it later.

I will NOT be meal prepping today like I did last Sunday because (and I knew this all along) I just don't like leftovers.  Once I have something, no matter how good it was, i don't want to eat it again for a while.  There are a FEW exceptions to this rule (like chili in the winter, or grilled zucchini), but in general, I don't eat leftovers.  My husband always makes fun of me for asking for a "to go" box at restaurants because he knows I'm just going to be throwing it out a week later after it starts to stink.  Sigh.  So I'll prep one day at a time like I've been doing the majority of these past 20 days.

So long story short, a lot of what I made last Sunday went to waste.

I've recently discovered Wholly Guacamole which is compliant and tastes better than anything I make, so I stocked up on that today.  Guac + Raw Veggies = HAPPY CLEGG-RAY!

Thanks for putting up with me - we are rockstars - the end is near - I see the light! - keep on posting - keep on keeping' on!!

Day 21!  Seriously, how insane is that?  I am so proud of all of us.  We are amazing women (I think we are all women).  Great job to each of you who have been doing this.  This group really has been an inspiration and such a great place to come and get inspiration or ask questions.  Thank you to the moderators as well who have helped guide us.  I am doing the Whole30 to completely change the way I eat and how my emotional relationship with food.  I feel like it's working.  I also plan to live a paleo lifestyle after completion of this round of Whole30.  I would like to do a round every year to keep myself feeling well.  My mood is better than it was.  Like I said, I suffer from depression (bi-polar disorder specifically) and so big changes to my system don't go down easy.  However, I know that long term eating this way will help me out.  I sleep well and I feel like I should start exercising more.  I'm just kind of scared to do it.  I am scared I will be too tired or too hungry as a result.  I love to take my dogs for a walk and I actually really enjoy lifting weights.  (I used to run but have had to have 2 foot surgery's and that has cut running short for the time being.)  I hope to do a half marathon in November.  I've invested in a couple Paleo cookbooks (Whole9 recommend) and I love to look through them and see the wide variety of Paleo meals I have to look forward too.

Keep up the good work all!  So proud of us!  We should create some other kind of group for all of us to keep each other motivated to continue living and eating well.

Hey everyone!  I cannot believe we are on Day 21 - we are awesome!  I feel fantastic today, and have been doing a lot of cooking to get ready for the week. 

Like many of you, my thoughts are turning to what happens post- Day 30.  I'm going to do my best following the reintro plan, although I'm leaving for a business trip to the UK a few days after we're done and I am not sure what the food situation will be like at the office.  Once I get back, I will do another couple of weeks of strict compliance, then ease into "regular" paleo.

Hi all! Hope you had a great weekend!

About to go into the kitchen to prep- seriously the last thing I want to do right now. I was able to run into the grocery store are get everything without a list in about ten minutes- that was a huge NSV for me- I never thought in a million years I could do grocery shopping on autopilot.

Had the worst cravings list night- I was in Whole Foods looking for some snacks with my BF, and all I wanted was a cupcake, in the worst way possible.  Distracted myself somehow and had cherries, cashews, carrots, and guac instead.

My clothes fit a little looser now, I'm looking forward to weighing myself. We're not that far away now!

I am feeling really good today.  I am noticing differences in the way I feel just on the compliant foods.  The citrus does not seem to do well for me at all, particulary my beloved grapefruit.  But on starchy veg and fruits like the plantain, banana, cherries, and pineapple I seem to stay even and mellow.  A little hungrier with the pineapple but it is so nice mixed in with some of the salads and in the salsa.

Animal fats and red meat at least every other day is what it seems to take to keep my energy up, I think I'm finally learning to listen to the right signals. :)  But, I also think I must be on guard against the last gasp sudden cravings this next week.  Today somebody opened a pizza box next to me and I could have jumped in with both feet, it smelled so good.  Had to stop and check myself there and remind myself of what the daily newsletter said this morning.  I seem to run right along with the timeline.

Congratulations on a hard won 21 days! 

M1: egg scramble with mushroom, spinach, avocado

M2: protein salad with pork loin, sweet potato, avocado, peppers, water chestnuts, and (home made) raspberry vinaigrette, and chopped hazelnuts

M3: stir fry of beef, mushrooms, water chestnut, peppers, coconut aminos. Small banana.

Hi all,

I haven't posted for a while either but am still at it. I have been away visiting friends since Friday. This has been a HUGE challenge. But i feel like I did ok and don't need to restart. I will be on my way home soon!

After 3 weeks, I feel good and have energy but can't say my clothes are looser. Although the focus shouldn't be on weight loss, that is primarily my reason for doing this. I think all the other results are great and very beneficial to me. But, I am hoping for some weight loss. Eating this way has not been terribly difficult (except for this weekend) and I am considering continuing for a few additional weeks (until I go on vacation). But I DON'T  plan to go back to my compulsive eating and snacking

I do enjoy reading the posts and that has encouraged me to stick with it. Have a great last week everyone!

Nsv tonight...went on last minute walk with the man I am dating and I left hungry. So I was eager to get home and eat. Crazy thing was I was so excited and satisfied with the grilled chicken breast, asparagus and half an avocado and cashews !!! Turning down the rice was no problem. The food was so good. I finally feel in the swing of things this last 1/3 of the journey. Tomorrow we get the new ac installed it's supposed to be in the 100s all week. Food prepping while the installers are here in the morning. And only 8 more days till I move!!!

Sarah

We're at Day 22, which means one week to go!!!  Crazy how fast it's gone, hasn't it??

I slept a lot this weekend, which is a bummer, because I really have a lot to do around the house and I was hoping for a burst of some Tiger Blood energy!  In my defense it was really hot out, and that usually saps my energy :)  (aren't I good at coming up with excuses?!? lol)

Feeling another day of "food nausea" - nothing sounds good to eat, and I ate hardly any of my breakfast.  Need to start re-thinking my menu, I think..  hopefully I can force down some of the chicken salad I brought for lunch, but at least the carrots and guac I brought, are sounding good.

I bought a KitchenAid stick blender yesterday - ummm.... AMAZING!!!!!  Mayo took literally 40 seconds (I timed it), dump ranch was about the same, my chimichurri was an actual emlusion and not just an oily mess!!  Best $40 I've spend these past 21 days.  Go to Target and get one.  Seriously.  It's kitchen-changing.

M1: Sweet potatoes w/ fried eggs (pretty sure it's the sweet potatoes that make me nauseated after eating them)

M2: Madras chicken salad (nomnompaleo), carrots & guac

M3: TBD - maybe some mashed potatoes and a burger patty or something. 

Have a great day, ladies!!

Only one week left!

After being a hermit for the last few weeks I decided this weekend I needed to try easing back into my regular social schedule to see how I'd do. I ate out on both Saturday and Sunday and was able to stay compliant, although the meals weren't near as good as what I've been making at home.

I've come to accept that grocery stores are no longer my "happy place" and I guess restaurants wont be either. I'm trying to see this as progress in breaking my emotional connection too food.... but its still a little sad....

Happy day 22! 4 AC men are here this morning! Praise the heavens. We will soon be in the sweet coolness in just the nick of time. While they are working away I got my meals prepped for this week. I kept it simple. I made mini beef sliders and put 2 finely shredded carrots into the meat mix sneaking in those veggies where i can. I also made the sweet potato buns in the Whole 30 book but kinda burned the second batch and my finger lol. Fingers are not kitchen tools and should not be used to flip said buns. I also baked some simple plain salmon with baked aspargus. Ill pair it with a fat when it comes time to eat. Also hard boiled a dozen eggs for pre workouts. Made a big batch of zoodles. The biggest change i have experienced is no longer feeling bloated. I am almost alttle afraid to feel bloated again. I too am starting to see more definition in my mid section and leaning out in my face. I can't wait to take the after pictures. Im keeping my expectations realistic but I already see changes. Headed to the gym in about an hour for a heavy leg day. I am so grateful for this summer time off to really work on myself. Not sure If it would have been the same had I been working, so shout out to all those who are working and completing this journey!! 8 more days! We did it!

Sarah

Lovely to see everyone getting into the swing of things and making progress! :)  I had to fight the battle of wills today with my emotional eating fix.  The one I thought had beaten back made a savage reappearance after I had to leave my little dog at the vet to undergo surgery tomorrow.  I stopped at the store on the way home to pick up some veggies to throw in the roast and WHAM!!  I literally walked around and around the chip section reminding myself of what I'm trying to accomplish.  I did find an organic fruit/veg leather while I was circling the health food section and tried a ginger/carrot/sweet potato leather.  I made it out with my veggies, the leather, and a coconut water which I drank to ease my thirst and boost my potassium.  

I'm about 95% decided that I will continue on for another 30 to get a good exercise routine set in as habit with my clean eating before I try to change anything.  Plus, I feel so much better than I did before that I'm afraid to mess it up by adding something back in, lol.

M1: leftover garlic shrimp and sauteed green beans, small banana

M2: beef/broccoli stir fry with coconut aminos

snack of veggie leather and coconut water

M3: steak, baked sweet potato, salad with egg/tomato, handful of dark cheries

Archived