Starting June 8! Who's with me?

klack

I'm still here! Busy holiday weekend, not much time in front of the computer.

These past few days have been a roller coaster for me- feeling great, then feeling like crap! Felt so run down this morning that I actually stayed home from work. Most of the weekend I only ate two meals a day, and I know I wasn't drinking enough water. So I'm attributing my lack of energy and general malaise to that.

Tomorrow is our last day!! Insane. I've decided that I'm going to do the reintroduction period and then start another W30 right after. I'm not where I want to be yet, but I do want a drink and probably a dessert when my husband takes me out to dinner for my bday this week.

Also, I really want to jump on that scale!! I don't think I could wait another 30 days :)

Glad to read that a lot of us are still going strong! I'm excited for some dairy on Wednesday :D

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I went MIA over the long weekend.  I had a few tough temptations.  But I flew through them because who in their right mind would give in at this point?  Day 29!  I am so proud of all of you ladies.  This forum has been such a great place for me to learn, listen, vent and learn (yes it deserved to be said twice  :) ).  I am a little nervous for reintroduction.  I certainly DO NOT trust myself to eat anything with sugar yet.  I will need at least another 30-60 days off of sugar before I can indulge occasionally.  I feel like that is something I can live without and I also feel like I am too addicted to sugar to try and eat any right now.  2 more days.

NSV- So I had thought that we were done tomorrow but 31 is on wednesday. My friend is have a beer tasting birthday bash and was set on my drinking at midnight. I knew i didn't want to so I sent her a private (away from the group text) text yesterday stating how important my commitment was to me and how although i would not be drinking i would be there and participating in the fun!! Why are people so threatened or up set that Im not drinking. I did feel that I may have been over sharing this whole 30 thing with them and they just felt i was being snotty. I still feel good that i set that boundary and I am hopeful that i do not get harassed. I am in charge of bringing the "healthy snacks lol" I was thinking about a veggie tray, fruit, apple chips, and maybe an isralie salad i saw on pinterest. We shall see. Hope everyone is hanging in there and ready to celebrate our amazing success!!

Sarah

I have been so impressed throughout this process at how well you have handled the peer pressure you get from your friends.  And that you have stuck with it when you had so many opportunities to slip up.  That is a REALLY hard thing and I want to recognize you and your success in getting through it.  Sometimes people are just not ready to hear "the good news" and rather than letting things go they feel like they need to pressure etc.

Last night I went to my sisters for a big family dinner we do once a month.  They all had pizza (I brought a salad) and fruit.  But they had one of my favorite desserts - homemade oreo cookies.  Yikes!  That was not fun.  But much easier than I had expected it to be.  I spoke a little bit about Whole30 (my husband and I ate omelettes before we went over there because we knew it was going to be pizza).  They do not get it at all.  My sister is someone who is always right, at least in her own mind.  And she asked me, "When will you be able to eat good food again?"  I loved the fact that it was easy for me to say that I LOVE the food I have been eating.  I love eating so many vegetables.  And I feel so much better after each meal when I eat real whole foods.  I also love that I don't feel the need to snack anymore.  When I get a sweet tooth camomile tea suffices now.  Who knew?  Some people, like my dear sister, will never get it and that's ok.  I get it and that's all that matters to me anymore.  Not to say it isn't hard to share lives/meals with your loved ones when they are so antagonistic.  But that's a whole other forum right?   ;)

I'm still here and going strong :)  I made it through the holiday weekend of traveling without eating non-compliant foods.  My ratio wasn't always right, I think I missed out on some veggies, unless I'm counting potato as a veg.  Saturday was odd, I was showing my husband around some places I grew up and got completely disoriented after we totally missed the town we meant to eat lunch in.  Apparently they built a whole new road system and "town" is no longer where it used to be. :P  We had emergency snack with, so decided to go ahead with our outing and catch a late lunch.  4 hours of walking trails and climbing stairs later, we finally made it to a cafe for "lunch."  I did notice that even though I had only had a small (compliant) snack since breakfast at 7am, by our 4:30 pm lunch I was only feeling hungry.  Not ravenous or shaky, just hungry.  My husband was astonished (and appreciative) of the fact that I was not cranky and "hangry."  A nice change. :)

I am pleased that tomorrow is Day 30 and so many of us are still here. :)  As I said in an earlier post, I'm going to continue on for another 30.  I do intend to weight and measure myself Wednesday morning, then I will start the countdown again.  I feel like I'm really getting a grip on most of the new food choices and prep but I need the extra 30 to set in habits and "forget" some of my old "diet" ideas.  Plus I need to set in the habit of regular exercise and the structure of this program really helps.  I have all the daily newsletters saved and printed out to add to my next 30 journal so I can reread.  I will be watching reintroduction to see how everyone is doing and hopefully learn a few things before I try it myself.

We ROCK!! :)

M1: scrambled eggs with sauteed mushrooms & onions, fried sweet potato slices

M2: protein salad with avocado base, chicken, tomato, jicama, onion. small red banana, coconut water

M3; pork chop, sauteed turnip & mushroom, stir fried napa cabbage & carrot strips, handful of rainier cherries

I'm still here! This weekend was much easier than expected, and I felt great at then end of it!

I still can't get over how little I missed drinking on the fourth of July- even when everyone around me was. I'm seriously thinking about laying off alcohol for a while. I thought, 100%, that the first thing I would HAVE to have after my Whole30 would be a glass of wine. Now I'm planning on holding off until the weekend, just in case it hits me harder than expected.

Does anyone else know what they're going to eat first? There is a vegan ice cream place near me that makes the most amazing ice cream, and that's pretty much all I'll be thinking about tomorrow...

hi all. The party was a success. But these past two days i have been unplanned which results in eating what ever i have compliant and usually really fast. For some reason i feel 'bloated" and big. Definitely not how I've been feeling for the past few weeks. It may be the stress of the move. i got almond butter today and realized very quickly i can't eat it. Its a food with no brakes. I think its all the fruit I've been eating too . So tomorrow back to basics with plain meals and no fruit. Lots of water too. 

Sarah

Day 30!  In less than 12 hours we can say we finished the Whole30!  It has been so much fun doing this with all of you...not sure if I would have been as successful without you.  Thanks for all of your support!

Day 30! We made it. I'm planning to continue on. Using the plan mentioned in the W30daily: stay on plan until something really special and delicious comes along, then go off for just that one thing. Today I dug into my too small clothes and found something I love that I haven't worn for awhile. My fatigue is finally lessening, which is one reason I'm continuing on. Perhaps my war-torn body needs more time to reap full benefits of the program. My sleep is improving. My joint pain is gone completely! Tiger blood is running through me emotionally & spritually (still waiting for physically). The greatest benefit for me is that I seem to in a position of neutrality with food. Not craving, obsessing, thinking endlessly about what I'm gonna eat/not eat, easily lasting 4-5 hours between meals, not feeling deprived nor guilty. Thoughts of food normally consume me and I have longed to be free for decades. That is also great motivation to continue. I like having the addictive cycle broken.

Hooray for us.

Congrats everyone!  Day 30!  WooHoo- We rocked it!  I plan on enjoying a glass of wine and maybe some cheese this week, but otherwise sticking to the plan which I feel has worked for me.  Next week I am going away on vacation and will eat some ice cream at a place that makes it homemade and I only get to eat once per year- so that is a special treat worth going off plan for.  Starting this Whole 30, my goals were to kick the sugar habit, make and enjoy healthier food choices and fit in to my summer clothes from 2 years ago.  I'm happy to report that I have been successful in all 3 goals.  Good luck to everyone- keep it Whole!

Yay day 30 - go team!  We are an amazing group of kick-butt women (I think it's confirmed that there are no men in this forum??)!!!

I'm not sure I've lost much weight at all, which really frustrates me, so I might just keep going until something special comes along.  I'll weight myself in the morning and make the final decision then.  I did buy a little pint of milk yesterday so I am prepared for day 31 if needed!

Let's keep posting on here during our re-intros the next few weeks.  AKA, let's keep in touch!!

xoxo, Lauren

I'm still here too! This weekend was hard. Not really because I was tempted (although I was asked to make the margarita, ack!), but because of the social weirdness this sort of eating can bring out. I was up at my family's lake house so there were lots of uncles and cousins and trips to go get ice cream and Dunkin Donuts in the morning and odd looks as I ate my butternut squash soup with spinach and homemade sausages. (Granted I did eat that for breakfast, but it's what I wanted to eat so boo on the weird looks!) 

It was hard and weird and just made me want to feel "normal" but I persevered though I think I may have been a bit grumpy... oops. I'm in a bit of a quandary going forward. I think I need to do an autoimmune Whole30 because I have an autoimmune issue but didn't want to have to deal with the whole no eggs/nightshades thing on my first go through of this, but my brother's wedding is this weekend and I know that at least while I'm down in North Carolina I'm going to have very little control over what's set in front of me (especially during the rehearsal dinner, reception and I think there's going to be a bachelorette on Friday so I'm pretty hosed all 3 days as the wedding is growing to encompass the entire weekend). 

I know I'm the one who's ultimately in control of what goes into my body but I feel like it would be the height of tackiness to sit at table with the wedding party and be like, yep I'm not eating because all there is to eat is pizza (maybe there will be a salad of some sort, but I'm guessing iceberg lettuce, etc). So I'm thinking of eating as well as I can - acknowledging that staying compliant is the optimal way to eat and that I WANT to keep eating this way and restart when I get back home on the 16th on the autoimmune track. In the meantime I'll stay away from alcohol and try to make the best choices I can. 

This forum has been such a life saver! It's so great to know that none of us have ever been alone!

Also - we did it! Congratulations!

I am with you guys!! I def need a group to do it with. It's diffult for me to do a program like this on my own. Do you guys want to have kind of a "formal process" set up to do accountability or just keep it free flowing? (I'm a planner in my career so hence the procedural approach ;)

I am with you guys!! I def need a group to do it with. It's diffult for me to do a program like this on my own. Do you guys want to have kind of a "formal process" set up to do accountability or just keep it free flowing? (I'm a planner in my career so hence the procedural approach ;)

Can we keep this forum active?  Or start a new forum with all of us in it?  I love the idea of staying on track with each other.  I am moving to a paleo diet but plan on eating as compliant as possible.  Perhaps a 90/10 plan to keep it sustainable.  However, I am not going to eat sugar, at least for quite a while.  I just know I can't do it yet.  And I'm okay with that.

Omg! Yes! I want to continue this lifestyle and way of eating because food, finally, is not ruling my life! I have had jobs related to food for years- 10+ years?! At first I thought that food was my calling, but I became burnt out and bored. From all that time in the food world, I was constantly preoccupied with new flavors, things to try, and expecting novelty essentially in every meal. I could never shake that- all that time, preoccupation, but there are so many other things I want to do and try and be a part of! I'm so thankful for the whole30 for giving me something I can do on autopilot and feel and look amazing at the same time. I'm leaving these thirty days ready to accomplish and do more- I've started making plans for starting my own business, I know the next 30 days will include upping my exercise, and just getting the most fun out of the rest of the summer and life :)

• Administrators

Can we keep this forum active?  Or start a new forum with all of us in it?  I love the idea of staying on track with each other.  I am moving to a paleo diet but plan on eating as compliant as possible.  Perhaps a 90/10 plan to keep it sustainable.  However, I am not going to eat sugar, at least for quite a while.  I just know I can't do it yet.  And I'm okay with that.

Hi allistrang and group! Congrats on your 30th day!  

In response to the "can we keep this thread active" the answer is yes, for as long as you like.  But, please bear in mind that you are in the Whole30 portion of the forum and if you guys are going to discuss your reintros or your off plan foods you choose to eat, we will ask you to move to the "Reintro" or "Off Track" portion of the forum so that anyone new browsing around doesn't get confused as to why there are people happily eating ice cream and peanut butter.  ;)

Can i be honest with you gals...some of my old dieting tapes are rearing their ugly head today...little voice in my head (not literally lol) telling me that these past few days I've gain weight blah blah blah...its old and i think its that fear that tomorrow should i weigh myself that i won't have lost weight. Its not about the weight!! I have seen stress behaviors come back this week and sad to say my sugar dragon has not been slain. So i will continue this whole thirty until the fair and then restart after the fair. When they say be prepared they mean it! I have not been prepared this week because i am moving and did not want to have to cook and buy food...guess i am paying the price for that. So i may or may not weigh tomorrow depending on how i feel in the morning. 

I went to my new condo today to start cleaning and I'm slightly frustrated that the landlord really only shampoo'd the carpet and painted. The normal cleaning was not done. But that means i get to take ownership and cleaning intensely. I was there for a few hours today and managed to get the kitchen cleaned to my liking. May go back to night and continue. We shall see. My appliances arrive tomorrow and I am so excited to have my own fridge!!! Its the simple things i took for granted.

So proud of you all ladies!! Can't wait to see how you all did tomorrow!!

Sarah

Day 30! We made it. I'm planning to continue on. Using the plan mentioned in the W30daily: stay on plan until something really special and delicious comes along, then go off for just that one thing. Today I dug into my too small clothes and found something I love that I haven't worn for awhile. My fatigue is finally lessening, which is one reason I'm continuing on. Perhaps my war-torn body needs more time to reap full benefits of the program. My sleep is improving. My joint pain is gone completely! Tiger blood is running through me emotionally & spritually (still waiting for physically). The greatest benefit for me is that I seem to in a position of neutrality with food. Not craving, obsessing, thinking endlessly about what I'm gonna eat/not eat, easily lasting 4-5 hours between meals, not feeling deprived nor guilty. Thoughts of food normally consume me and I have longed to be free for decades. That is also great motivation to continue. I like having the addictive cycle broken.

Hooray for us.

I am continuing also :)  I had already decided that I would for sure a few days ago, this morning's newletter just reinforced that decision.  I am loving the way I feel right now but feel I still have things to accomplish.  When I do eventually do reintroduction, I can see myself coming back for this at least once or twice a year, depending on how well I stay away from harmful foods in the future.  I'm thinking that January will be good for one every year, lol.

Can i be honest with you gals...some of my old dieting tapes are rearing their ugly head today...little voice in my head (not literally lol) telling me that these past few days I've gain weight blah blah blah...its old and i think its that fear that tomorrow should i weigh myself that i won't have lost weight. Its not about the weight!! I have seen stress behaviors come back this week and sad to say my sugar dragon has not been slain. So i will continue this whole thirty until the fair and then restart after the fair. When they say be prepared they mean it! I have not been prepared this week because i am moving and did not want to have to cook and buy food...guess i am paying the price for that. So i may or may not weigh tomorrow depending on how i feel in the morning. 

I am hearing some of that as well, trying to focus on how much improvement I've made in my health and not focus on the scale numbers.  I am intensely curious though, because I know I dropped a lot of water that first week.  But with all the "extra" food I've been eating to get the requirements in, I would not be surprised to be the same or heavier. :P

Hello lovely Day 30 ladies! :)  I am so proud of us for making it! 

Since I am continuing on, I plan to use tomorrow as my "take stock" day.  Scale, measurements, things I want to improve/accomplish in the next 30 days.  I will be watching the reintroductions while I'm tracking my next 30, so share any good tips and experiences you have along the way. :)  This is a great group, I hope you will all keep sharing in the other forums!

M1: fried eggs, sweet potato hash, 1/2 serving chia "pudding"

M2: chicken stir fry with coconut aminos, napa cabbage, turnip, mushroom, peppers, water chestnut, 1/2 serving chia "pudding"

M3: steak and "house" salad with raspberry vinaigrette, small red banana

• Administrators

Can i be honest with you gals...some of my old dieting tapes are rearing their ugly head today...little voice in my head (not literally lol) telling me that these past few days I've gain weight blah blah blah...its old and i think its that fear that tomorrow should i weigh myself that i won't have lost weight. Its not about the weight!! 

You know you don't HAVE to weigh yourself, right? Just don't do it and problem solved!  Even better, if you are going to start another Whole30, don't weigh yourself to start with because then you have no number to compare it to in the end which means you are forced to look for other markers of success.

Also, this:

Broken%20Glass_zpsovk6o6ji.jpg

Congratulations to everyone...Day 30 and now Day 31. I didn't weigh myself but do feel great. I am going to continue for at least 2 more weeks (then I am going on vacation.) I like the idea of keeping our forum going --where would it be??

I had an appointment today with a nutritionist and she had very positive things to say about the Whole30 program.

I'm sending everyone a "standing ovation" for all the efforts and hard work each one of did during the previous 30 days.

Archived