Starting June 8! Who's with me?

klack

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 1 for me today, as well!  I like our June 8 crew : )

Spent 3 hours at the grocery store(s) yesterday, and about 5 hours in the kitchen, but I have a LOT to show for it!  Been almost 4 hours since I ate half the spinach frittata and I'm still not hungry lol.. eating this much in the morning is going to take some getting used to!

Protien salad with egg, chicken, mayo, and lemon juice for lunch over lettuce and tomatoes.  Hoping it tastes OK!  Pot Roast in the slow cooker at home for dinner.  Hope my bone broth turned out!!

Anyone else feel almost guilty about using fat in their cooking??  Never before have I been on any sort of diet which says lard is OK to use... ^_^

Loving it.

So far so good!

just had the best lunch. Salmon, mixed greens, diced up sweet potato and guac- I mixed it all up together and it tasted like heaven. I savoured every bite and feel completely satisfied! This is way too easy. lol!

I hope all of you are having a great day!  :)

You don't have to have eggs for your first meal. Start thinking of breakfast as meal 1, and that opens up endless alternatives for protein, veg and fat. Google Whole30 non egg breakfasts for past discussion threads on this topic.

Thanks Chris!

This is useful.  Found some meal 1 alternatives without eggs like, steak and salad or ground sausage with apple, sweet potato and a dash a cinnamon....YUM!

Hello I started today as well!! I completed my W30 2 years ago and managed to be 80% compliant all this time.   Until I got pregnant... and took advantage of sugar cravings and unfortunately was feeling disgusted by vegetables.... I'm 15 weeks now and decided is enough! I need to have the best nutrition for me and my baby!

I know what to eat, what to buy and how to do this. Just need to start and kill that sugar dragon again! Happy to join this group.

M1: Hard boiled egg + tomatoes with olive oil + papaya

M2: Ropa Vieja (Shredded beef, onions & peppers in the slow cooker super easy!) + Mashed Yuca w/ vinegar & line (Casava) + Lettuce & Tomato Salad w/evo + Banana

M3: Will be: Sweet potato + rotisserie chicken + carrot sticks w/ Avocado.

Good luck all! 

Tip: I'm doing fruits more for the vitamins for the baby, but first time I had to avoid them as they made me crave sugar.. so if you have a sweet tooth like me... stay away from fruits for a while :(

I'm doing an auto immune protocol with the Whole 30, so, I also can't have eggs, nuts, or nightshade vegetables!  Looks like lots of meat, soups, and approved veggies and fruits.  

If anyone else is doing anything similar, I would love to hear!

anaxg - would love the recipe for the Ropa Vieja (suggested spices, etc)!!

Sure! 

2 pounds flank steak or skirt steak (ask the butcher what's good for shredding beef)

Wedges of: 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, 1 red onion, 1 sweet onion.

2 or 3 minced garlic cloves

1 small tomato paste jar (I buy them at Whole foods like half a cup I guess)

a little apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, cumin, (I just throw in there seasonings like oregano, parsley, paprika)

Pierce the steak, put some onions and peppers on the bottom of the slow cooker with 1 spoon of coconut oil, put the meat with the seasoning and on top the rest of the veggies and paste. leave on low for 8-10 hours and wake up to a delicious ropa vieja for breakfast or lunch ;)

I freeze half of it so have for next week or emergencies ;)  Eat it with cauliflower rice or mashed yucca so yummy!!!

My hubs and I just started today too! It's going well so far but I don't want to get ahead of myself haha I am planning my week around the timeline they created so I know I am probably just in the "This is easy!" phase ;) Glad to see so many other people are starting today as well!

Sure! 

2 pounds flank steak or skirt steak (ask the butcher what's good for shredding beef)

Wedges of: 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, 1 red onion, 1 sweet onion.

2 or 3 minced garlic cloves

1 small tomato paste jar (I buy them at Whole foods like half a cup I guess)

a little apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, cumin, (I just throw in there seasonings like oregano, parsley, paprika)

Pierce the steak, put some onions and peppers on the bottom of the slow cooker with 1 spoon of coconut oil, put the meat with the seasoning and on top the rest of the veggies and paste. leave on low for 8-10 hours and wake up to a delicious ropa vieja for breakfast or lunch ;)

I freeze half of it so have for next week or emergencies ;)  Eat it with cauliflower rice or mashed yucca so yummy!!!

Sounds amazing!  It's going on the schedule for this weekend : )  Thank you!

My husband and I started our first Whole30 today.  I am hungry- but committed to slaying that sugar dragon.

There is no reason to be hungry on a Whole30. Play with your protein, veg and fat portions at your meals until they satiate you for 4-5 hours.

Until you get there, if you're truly hungry between meals (litmus test: you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli), have a mini-meal of protein, veg and fat.

Good Morning Everybody! Welcome to day2!

M1: Hard Boiled egg, tomatoes & Papaya

M2: Tuna Causa (Peruvian Dish made from yellow potatoes, tuna, onions and homemade mayo) + salad + Jackfruit

M3 will be: Ropa vieja from yesterday + avocado.

Good Luck all! tomorrow is usually the hardest day so be brave :) 

How's everyone doing on day two?  I had steak, kale salad with avocado, and sweet potato for dinner last night.  Today was spinach frittata for breakfast and a salad with two hard boiled eggs for lunch.  Doing well so far! Only 27 days to go! :)

Glad you guys are still going strong on day 2!

My pot roast last night turned out DELICIOUS.. mmm... I should've made more, because my husband polished off the leftovers leaving me with no breakfast! No worries, I had leftover spinach frittata : )

Last night I picked clean the whole chicken I roasted on Sunday night - going to start bone broth with the carcass tonight, and made chicken salad out of some of the meat. Chicken, onion, celery, diced apple, mayo, etc. Carrots and ranch dip for some veggie power! Salmon cakes on the menu for dinner tonight.

A coworker brought some cantaloupe for the office - holy cow did it knock my socks off! I forgot how sweet and juicy melons can be this time of year! Going to pick me up some of that tonight after work for sure!

SIDE NOTE: About 3 weeks ago I quit smoking cold turkey. I feel like if I can do that, anyone can do the Whole30. It's all about attitude, people!! :D 

Day 2 and feeling a little tired. I've got to figure out the amount of protein to add to keep from being a little hungry about three hours after lunch. But I have to say that the recipes in the book are beyond amazing!! I made some pork chops for dinner Sunday night using the book and they were the best pork chops I have had in a long time and they only had salt and pepper on them! I can't wait to try out some other recipes!

Archived