Starting June 8! Who's with me?

klack

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck!  I just completed my first week and have never eaten so well.  For me, it's all about being prepared and prepped. That has been the hardest part.   I started June 1, but love hearing how everyone else is supporting others or struggling and needing support.  

Hi friends!! I have definitely been hungry and eating, eating, eating...all compliant meals and snacks. I am an athlete and not really worried about the not snacking issue as my body is signalling me with true hunger feelings. Its amazing how when I consumed grains, sugar, and dairy I wasn't ever really "hungry" meaning I never felt hunger but not Im feeling it so strong. Always day 2 is going well. This morning I felt so tired. I am still drinking coffee just black with almond milk instead of my beloved vanilla creamer and stevia. I work out in the morning before breakfast and I also am used to taking a pre workout supplement for the gym which Ive committed to not take while on the whole 30. I felt like I had more energy today than yesterday. Now is the challenging hours between now and bed when sugar monster comes calling. My plan is to prep the whole 30 mayo for dressings and make a sausage and sweetpotatoe hash for breakfasts. Dinner will be protein salad and nothing sweet afterwards  :o  :o . the biggest struggle I have. 

Failure is NOT an option...

Just had dinner for day 2 and feeling great! I jumped in and committed to my Whole30 last minute (Sunday afternoon) so the meal plan in the Whole30 book was a lifesaver for making a grocery list super quick and being prepped for the week. Had leftover spaghetti squash and ground beef with homemade tomato sauce- delicious! I haven't been cooking for myself lately, and I forget how much flavor ghee, salt, and pepper can add to everything!

I've been tackling my challenges head on- I went to the donut shop with my co-workers today (we're talking best donuts in the world, one of those crazy good gourmet donut shops) and I got a black coffee, and no one made a comment or asked me what was going on. To me that's great- we're a close team, and we all respect each other's choices, so I feel like I have support. I think it's more important that I go do the things I normally do, and I know I can be strong and be the odd person out. I don't want to stop getting drinks with my friends, I will just get a club soda now! How does everyone else feel?

I'm going on a work trip to San Francisco next week!  I usually eat my way through new places, but I'm looking forward to experiencing a new city for all the other cool things it has to offer! Anyone from San Francisco have any suggestions of what I should do/ are there any places that would be great to get a compliant meal at?

I started yesterday too! Day 2 today and cravings are already kicking in :( I'm a 32 yr old type 2 diabetic though and if I continue they way I have been, I'll be dead way too soon. My first dinner yesterday was baked salmon with roasted zucchini and yellow squash. Yum! Made extra and had it for breakfast this morning. I just finished my second dinner, chicken salad (made with delish whole30 mayo) on top of a bed of spinach and a bunch of fresh cut veggies. If I need a small snack later I'm planning to dip some carrots in sunflower butter. 28 days left!

Glad everyone seems to be doing well! I had scrambled eggs with mushrooms, fresh tomatoes and avacado for M1. Salad with leftover chicken and balsamic vinegar/olive oil for M2. BBQ salmon with garlic and dill with mashed cauliflower and green beans with almonds and fig balsamic for M3. All the fresh produce right now makes it relatively easy to make some tasty choices - the local grown tomatoes and strawberries are delish!

Good Morning!

Feeling great today - Day 3 and already feeling the benefits!  I see huge improvements in my skin.  This morning for M1 I had a steak and salad, M2 spaghetti squash and chicken, not too sure what I am making for M3, but I know it will have cilantro in it (bought a HUGE bunch yesterday at the farmers market). 

Tonight I am going to see a movie with mom - no popcorn for this girl! lol!

Keep up the great work everyone! :)

I'm glad everyone is feeling great, but, sadly, I'm not!  I have been very tired.  I had to take a nap yesterday, which, I never do.  I don't feel great emotionally either.  ( I am premenstrual, I will admit)  

I'm having bone broth with chicken and veggies for breakfast

salad with chicken and olive oil for lunch.

Not sure about dinner, but, have been trying to have a large serving of sweet potato with dinner so that my carbs don't go too low. 

I've been doing pretty well. No crazy cravings, etc, but I've been so tired too!

Last night I was so tired I crawled into bed at 8pm and forgot about the meat I had defrosting on the counter! That was NOT what I needed to wake up to this morning! Oh well. Live and learn I guess. 

I had the last of my spinach quiche with avocado and berries covered with a dusting of coconut. Yum!

I'm hoping my energy will pick up soon!

Day 3...still doing well but don't feel as good today.  Just tired and a little crankier than normal.  Planning to have sweet potatoes today to curb some of this feeling.  Also curious to see if I want to Kill All the Things starting tomorrow, as the calendar says!

Day 30 seems far away.

Glad I found this thread, I started on Monday too!

I haven't had issues with cravings so far, my biggest issue is the food prep. I'm spending about two hours a day making my meals (one in the morning and one in the evening). Today I wasn't super motivated to make breakfast and lunch so I grabbed had a couple hard boiled eggs, banana with almond butter, and strawberries for breakfast. I packed leftovers with extra fresh veggies for lunch.

This weekend I plan to spend several hours doing prep for the next week (mostly cutting up fruit and veggies). I may even throw together a crockpot meal!

Just a tip:

Trader joes has some compliant chicken sausage if you're looking for alternatives to regular old chicken. I don't eat beef, pork, or fish so I need to find different proteins or I get burnt out on chicken. I used to eat a lot of tofu and beans.

So. tired. today.  I felt pretty good yesterday.. none of that "hangover" that the timeline suggests, but today I feel like I got hit by a truck!  Took the advice in the Whole30 Daily and took a 30 minute power nap in my car at lunch- still feeling sluggish, though.

Funny story - went to make the salmon cakes last night - got out everything that I needed, opened the first can of salmon (the monster 14oz ones from Whole Foods) and what's in the can??  A SPINE.  Apparently I bought the "includes skin and bones!" type, not even realizing there would be options!  Tried to deal with it by de-boning using a fork, but it was just too gross and time-consuming.

PANIC ENSUES - but only for a minute.

Because I had just returned from the store with 4lbs of chicken thighs to make NomNomPaleo's Cracklin' Chicken for Wednesday's dinner.  And it was THE BOMB.  Combined that with a sweet potato and a salad with Whole30 ranch - delish!!!  Here's the link to the recipe: (get this tattooed somewhere on you- it's that good.) http://nomnompaleo.com/post/74180911762/cracklin-chicken

Barbecutie - you are my hero.  I never could've gone into a donut shop.  Many many kudos to you!!!

Doing well on day 3.  But I am very tired as well as some of you have mentioned.  For some reason I am so totally committed to this process, even though I have quit many diets over the years after only 1 or 2 days.  I feel like it's all in my head for me.  I will no longer be a slave to sugar and feel so horribly about myself.  Here's to another clean day. :D

Definitely feeling the glycogen depletion today. I eased into whole 30 so I wasn't cutting myself off cold turkey but I was still consuming gluten and sugar on June 7th. I've never made it past day 3 but I'm prepared today. I spiralized the heck of some zucchinis and am making vegetable curry with chicken sausage on a bed of zoodles for dinner with chia pudding and mango for family dessert.

Hello all and happy day 3!

I'm glad I made a bunch of food on Sunday and Monday cause there will be no cooking today or tomorrow! So today we had left overs for the 3 Meals.

Since I've done this before my recommendation for the ones that don't have time or don't enjoy cooking.. is to prep big amounts and freeze food!

M1: Hard boiled egg tomatoes and avocado (I boil around 6 eggs one day so I have them ready at any time during the week)

M2:  Ropa Vieja (Shredded beef w/ Veggies) + mashed cassava and Salad (Same here made a big salad just don't put dressing or it will be soggy)

M3: Will be some Tuna Causa made on Monday.

Love eating good and not having to cook! Husband is being compliant too and my 2 yrs old cheated today as he had some crackers! arrggg

Folks I'm a zombie! I walked my bike home from work, and it was exhausting!

Ate the exact same food I have been eating for the past three days- my food log is hillllarious. I've just copied and pasted the first day over and over again. First two meals tomorrow are going to be the same, and dinner is up in the air. I'm forcing myself to come up with a plan tonight so I can cook up a great meal tomorrow night! Must. Add. Variety.

My parents are coming to town this weekend- which mean dining out at least once. They know I'm doing a Whole30, and they're supportive. They've changed their diets to semi-paleo, and they get that this isn't a diet, but it's an eating reset where I'm building healthy habits. Hoping to find some restaurants where I can order compliant food. I've never called a restaurant in advance, but I think I will for this.

Day 3 check in... went into work today ( I'm a teacher on the first few days of summer break). We planned all day and i brought all of my food like usual. I did a shoulders work out and spinning after. So I was hungry when i got home from the gym. Post WO i had a banana and almond butter. For breakfast i had 3 mini egg fritatas with half an avocado and coffee with coconut cream. When  I got to work felt slightly hungry but could have held out. I opted to eat my Lara bar. Then  about an hour later I had chicken breast with cashews. For lunch I ate last nights dinner chicken apple sausage (costco) and sweet potato hash and spincah with strawberries and balsamic. I have felt bloated all day :( Afternoon snack was carrots with whole 30 ranch. I came home and took a long nap! I felt like I was more grazing today instead of honoring my true hunger the past two days. I am about to go to the gym to walk on the treadmill. I am currently not hungry. Tomorrow will be my first official sleep in day woohoo and my body will be adjusting to the new summer schedule. I am grateful for the awareness of true hunger verses the other hunger. Hope everyone else had an awesome day 3! Remember failure is not an option. I love clicking the Ive finished day 3 button at the bottom of the whole 30 daily email ( if you subscribe) and marking it off my calendar. 

Im more so doing this to honor myself and my commitment. I have always struggled with commitment especially to myself.

Sarah

Day 3 down, hope everyone is doing well.  I had a very hard day yesterday, learned the hard way do NOT neglect those carbs.  I love sweet potatoes and squash but it is so ingrained to avoid the starches it didn't even dawn on me that I was going to NEED them to keep functioning.  I had fatigue and brain fog so bad all day yesterday that I absolutely blew my day at work and caused extra work for my crew.  Fortunately, some folks gave me good tips last night and today went MUCH better.  I still had a couple tired spots in the day and a little fog in the head late this afternoon, but felt so much better than yesterday.  My hormones seemed to be adjusting today - at least that's what I'm blaming for the alternating freezing and overheating.  Plus some interesting noises coming from my midsection, lol.

My only real issues of the day are the craving I have for dairy every time I open the fridge and the urge to murder a coworker who kept snacking on noisy food and sucking her teeth afterwards.  I keep reminding myself that this will pass and I will eventually be able to have dairy again.  In the meantime, although I learned to drink coffee black long ago, a little coconut milk in my afternoon chai tea was excellent.

I also wised up and did my prep for tomorrow like I'm supposed to so there won't be a rush in the morning and I have a very tasty harvest protein salad ready.  I am loving the food I can eat while going through the 30 and am still getting used to the idea that I can EAT and feel better. 

We can do this guys, hang in there, it will be worth it!

Hey ladies!  Here we are on day 4 - a tenth of the way done! :D Having you all as support is definitely making things easier for me.

I had a hard time getting up this morning but other than that am feeling OK.  I'm gearing up for the weekend, which is always the biggest source of temptation for me....I've planned it out and will stay the course.  Today I'm having spinach frittata with turkey sausage, a chicken, sweet potato and sauteed veg for lunch, and a bunless burger with lettuce, tomato, avocado, and roasted potatoes for dinner. 

Having a hard time staying away from the scale...is anyone else? 

Archived