Starting June 8! Who's with me?

klack

Guest bfree11

I, too started Monday, the 8th. So far, so good. I can't believe I am actually posting this but I think it will make me more accountable. My (step)daughter is on Day 19 and has been a huge help. She is my "go to" person. I have followed many programs over the years but this one has lots of resources, and seems relatively easy to "live it". Because it does seem easy to follow, I am hoping I am doing it correctly! Looking forward to getting more days done successfully :) 

So proud of you!!! 

Love, 

Your stepdaughter :)

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's everyone doing?

I feel like my eating is on autopilot- like I could do this forever, it's just the way things are now. I went out with my family for burgers- had mine wrapped in lettuce and topped with bruschetta after finding out it was a-ok. After I opted for the lettuce wrap, everyone else decided to nix the bum as well- right now I'm considering my parents THE COOLEST.

After that though it was pretty late, and I ended up hanging out with my friends who were drinking. I wanted to stay up and hang out, so I had some coldbrew to keep me going. I had a lot of fun and didn't really miss the drinking at all! But- I stayed up way too late and woke up this mornings it's only 5/6 hours of sleep. Not to mention my whole30 daily was completely focused on the importance of sleep!

I was reallllllly happy to be able to still hang out with my friends and sip on a club soda at the bar all night, but I know that drinking coffee around 10pm was such a bad idea. Has anyone else reached for caffeine to power through a late night?

Hi all!  Day 6!  We're almost at the end of week one.  I'm feeling good, getting used to not eating without thinking about it, and successfully managed a party last night that had all of the things I used to go for - wine, chips, pizza, etc.  I brought a big salad for everyone to share, and a few hard boiled eggs for me to have.  Phew!

Day 5 Recap: The emotions of day 4 were gone yesterday but the cravings for something sweet replaced them lol. I think I may need to reevaluate nut butters as I find myself eating more than i should. Yesterday our house AC unit bit the dust and man were we miserable. Never take a working AC unit for granted. Here in NorCal it was 108 yesterday. Sleep was rough last night to say the least. I am up early on this saturday morning to get my spin class in. Im really looking forward to my body switching to fat burning mode. Today my goal is to eat bigger meals and less snacks. I made my week 2 meal plan which includes the shepards pie recipe and the chicken stir fry. I am starting to get sick of the eggs for breakfast so I am open to suggestions for breakfast. Yesterday I had ( all in one bowl) a banana, blueberries, unsweetened coconut flakes, almond slivers, a little nut butter with almond milk and coconut cream. It was soon delicious. But it did lack protein. Happy Day 6!!! We are doing this! Live from the end! Failure and Quitting are not an option.

Sarah

I am starting to get sick of the eggs for breakfast so I am open to suggestions for breakfast. Yesterday I had ( all in one bowl) a banana, blueberries, unsweetened coconut flakes, almond slivers, a little nut butter with almond milk and coconut cream. It was soon delicious. But it did lack protein. 

This topic has been discussed extensively in the past.  Start by thinking of breakfast as Meal 1: anything you have at your other two meals you can have at the first meal of the day.

Easiest way to search the forum is from Google. For links to past threads on this topic, type Whole30 non egg breakfast.

And you're right, while what you had yesterday was technically compliant (double-check your almond milk ingredients), it wasn't optimal as it didn't have protein or vegetables.  For best results, design each meal to meet the recommended meal template of protein, veg and fat.

I went out with my family for burgers- had mine wrapped in lettuce and topped with bruschetta after finding out it was a-ok. After I opted for the lettuce wrap, everyone else decided to nix the bum as well- right now I'm considering my parents THE COOLEST.

Just to clarify, do you mean your burger was topped with tomatoes? Bruschetta is toasted Italian bread and that is not ok on a Whole30.

Hi Everyone!  I downloaded the Whole 30 timeline, and it has helped so much!  Day 4, I felt so horrible, and irritable, I thought, "This diet is clearly not working for me", but, then I saw that's what's to be expected!  I have been really diligent with food prep, so that I have something available when I need it.

Yesterdays food:
Bone broth with collagen protein for breakfast with coffee and a bit of coconut oil

Salad with mesclun , beets, broccoli, with homemade vinaigrette , and a  buffalo burger.  Also acorn squash with a bit of pork sausage. (this was crazy delicious, just fyi)

Dinner:  Chicken, sweet potato, and a purple carrot .

Have a wonderful day, lovelies!

Hi everyone. Haven't posted in a few days, but I'm still with you. Happy to read in the W30Daily that more energy is coming soon. That's really the only real difficulty I'm having. I am so, so fatigued. Cooking and prepping (and washing dishes) is still feeling like a full-time job. So grateful I don't have a real full-time job. I don't know how you are doing it. I also don't have any small children, once again, hat's off to those who do.

Reading forum posts has really been a great support for me. Thanks for sharing difficulties, victories and encouragement. We can do this.

Just to clarify, do you mean your burger was topped with tomatoes? Bruschetta is toasted Italian bread and that is not ok on a Whole30.

Haha oh yeah! It was just tomatoes, basil and evoo! I guess I only think of bruschetta as the topping- the yummy part!

Day 6 done!  and almost no cooking!

M1 Fried egg + plantain puree

M2 Kale salad + tomatoes & Avocado salad & Sardines (From the raw farmers market I had to bring my sardines)

M3 Ground beef, roasted eggplants & onions, beet salad (From Whole Foods)

Went grocery shopping today so tomorrow will be a cooking for the week day.....    Almost a week, awesome we are almost there!!!  

Made it through day 6 feeling definitely nappish.  I could sleep for a week.  I think I did ok on food today, no snacking, but not entirely certain about my dinner.  It was very tasty and satisfying and technically compliant but it feels like I cheated somehow, may have overdone the fats, on retrospect.

M1 was frittata with greens, mushrooms, and a little squash diced up.  M2 was a protein salad with chicken and used mashed avocado for the base. Plenty of peppers, onions, diced sweet potato and a few chopped walnuts.  I didn't have any trouble not snacking and I was feeling pretty good when I left work but by the time I got home had dropped into lethargic indecision.  My hubby offered to do the burgers and tried to engage my attention with what veggies to cook.  I finally decided on a "soup" based on sweet potato, banana, and coconut milk. Then put in a dab of ghee, cinnamon and added in red peppers, coconut flakes, and a sprinkling of pepitas for crunch.  As, I said, technically compliant and quite tasty, but left me feeling a bit guilty.

Day 6 was a success. After a rough night of sleep due to no ac and being miserably hot I did take a nice nap today. I had compliant chipotle for dinner and came home and added my own onions and peppers sautéed in ghee. It was amazing how I ate the entire thing and didn't feel gross and full like I do when I eat normal chipotle. I'm sooooo looking forward to the tiger blood stage!! I did have cravings for sugar today so I'm hoping that will pass more and more with each day.

Struggling.  Made it through a party successfully last night, but I had a terrible night's sleep and just can't believe there are still so many days to go.  I need to get my head straight today.

Day 7 and going strong. I was hungry yesterday but otherwise all is going well. Today I am going to cook some stuff for during the week. First, need to go to the groc store. Last night, I went to Trader Joes looking for avocado or macadamia oil. No luck. I want to make mayo.

Will try elsewhere today.

Hope everyone has a great day... Week 1 almost done!

I had just made a post whining about how I thought a previous post was deleted- sorry- clearly I'm struggling with this diet and didn't realize that there are two forums with June 8th start dates.  lol.  Thanks to the person who helped me find the other post.  This forum is very supportive and offers great advice.  Thanks so much!

Had a kinda sloppy day yesterday. Got too hungry midday. Was out and about. Got delayed. No food with me. Way too hungry when I got home at 2pm. Too tired to cook. Ate raw carrots, handful of nuts, tangerines for small meal. Planned to rest then cook food. Never got the energy. Leftover chicken salad lettuce wraps at 4:30. My family ate taco shop for dinner :( Ravenous at 8:50. Ate 2 hard boiled eggs and small baked red potatoe w clarified butter and dropped into bed.

I am still feeling very fatigued. Hoping the energy surge will come soon. Got up this morning grilled a bunch of veggies. I'm committing to at least one salad a day (not that fond of it - but I know I'm not 12 - so j ust do it) More veggies for me.

The great good news is I'm completely compliant and don't have to start again at day 1! Very inspired by the w30daily about cleaning it up. Thanks everyone.

Hang in there klack, it's going to be worth it. :-) I was struggling last night, feeling tired this morning but was pleasantly surprised when I put on my last clean pair of work jeans and realized I didn't have to fight my way into them like I usually do. That's why I always wear them last, lol. Putting together my shopping list during lunch so I can pick up food for the next week. Let's do this!

Good morning friends! We made it through week 1!! Looking back on my week I can see where I need to make some changes and adjustments. I most likely will not be buying almond butter as I found myself eating out of the jar  more often than I should have. I also had completely compliant chipotle last night for dinner but the salt left me feeling fluffy so that may not be on my list for the next 3 weeks. I am learning to choose how I feel over how it tastes. Happy Day 7 and good luck on week 2!

Struggling.  Made it through a party successfully last night, but I had a terrible night's sleep and just can't believe there are still so many days to go.  I need to get my head straight today.

I feel the same, klack!  It's discouraging to not feel good.  

1 Week!!! Awesome job!!!

M1: 2 fried eggs + fried bananas & grilled mushrooms 

M2: Lettuce Tomato & Sardines salad w/ oo

M3: Will steam some artichokes to eat with homemade mayonnaise and I guess some procciuto rolls

Geting ready for my cooking today, will make plantain tacos, cauliflower tortillas, steak, some chicken, brussel sprouts yeah.. have a long day ahead of me.

Let's do the second week every day gets easier!!!!

Geting ready for my cooking today, will make plantain tacos, cauliflower tortillas, steak, some chicken, brussel sprouts yeah.. have a long day ahead of me.

Um, sorry, plaintain tacos and cauliflower tortillas are not ok on a Whole30, per this post: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/11971-cauliflower-tortillas/?p=123888

Eat the whole plaintains. Eat the whole pieces of cauliflower. Don't try to recreate Paleofied tacos and tortillas.

Had a kinda sloppy day yesterday. Got too hungry midday. Was out and about. Got delayed. No food with me. Way too hungry when I got home at 2pm. Too tired to cook. Ate raw carrots, handful of nuts, tangerines for small meal. Planned to rest then cook food. Never got the energy. Leftover chicken salad lettuce wraps at 4:30. My family ate taco shop for dinner :( Ravenous at 8:50. Ate 2 hard boiled eggs and small baked red potatoe w clarified butter and dropped into bed.

I am still feeling very fatigued. Hoping the energy surge will come soon. Got up this morning grilled a bunch of veggies. I'm committing to at least one salad a day (not that fond of it - but I know I'm not 12 - so j ust do it) More veggies for me.

The great good news is I'm completely compliant and don't have to start again at day 1! Very inspired by the w30daily about cleaning it up. Thanks everyone.

What might best help you is to follow the best practices of eating meal 1 within one hour of waking, and build each meal to meet the recommended template of protein, veggies and fat, and do so in a way that the meals satiate you for 4-5 hours.  If you are genuinely hungry between meals (litmus test: you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli), have a mini meal of protein, veg and fat (nuts are a fat on a Whole). 

Also, if you're not a salad fan, you don't have to eat salad daily on a Whole30.  :)   There are countless other options to get 1-3 cups of veggies in at each meal. 

Hi folks! Hope this weekend went well for everyone!

I had lots of stuff going on, so my meals were a little off, but I still got three meals in per day, and didn't eat in between.

If you haven't tried the Epic bites yet- they  are really good! I got the chicken, currant, and sesame bites. Way, way better than the Epic bars I have tried in the past.

Just finished up cooking food for the week- checked out Well Fed 1 and Well Fed 2 from the library, and it was like the clouds opened up when I flipped through the pages- there are so many yummy recipes in these books! I'm glad I started slowly with really simple foods, but I'm ready to turn up the flavor a notch!

I'm feeling good, sleeping well and no digestion issues to speak of. How about everyone else?

I have always disliked my ankles- I always thought they were fat and undefined, so I have always worn shoes that hide them or are flattering- no ballet flats or gladiator sandals for me. I am beginning to see some definition in my ankles and I'm so excited! It can't be from weight loss- could it be inflammation or a reaction to some food that perviously used to consume?

Archived