Crisco coconut oil?

Wanda705

Does anyone use Crisco brand coconut oil? I wasnt sure about it because its so much cheaper than the other brands. Its labeled organic...but doesnt say refined, extra virgin, or anything like that. I wasnt sure how important those are. Thoughts?

Does anyone use Crisco brand coconut oil? I wasnt sure about it because its so much cheaper than the other brands. Its labeled organic...but doesnt say refined, extra virgin, or anything like that. I wasnt sure how important those are. Thoughts?

That's a good observation, Wanda.   You'll want the EV Coconut Oil as MegaG/others suggest.  

Hmm. You've asked does anyone use Crisco brand coconut oil, and I don't know of anyone who does, BUT I do think it is important to note that as long as there are no off-plan ingredients you are free to choose whichever brand you wish. Looking on-line, it appears that this one is just coconut oil, no other ingredients, so you are free to include it. There are probably more nutrient dense options out there, but this one is acceptable during the program.

i use

these are the benifits

1. MELT—Heat coconut oil in microwave-safe bowl for 20 seconds at a time until melted.
  2. MEASURE—Measure coconut oil in solid form when replacing butter. ...
  3. MAKE—Use coconut oil as a replacement for your everyday cooking. ...
  4. STORE—Refined coconut oil does not need to be refrigerated.

Archived