Day 13 I am incredibly emotional

I have really enjoyed using the whole 30 timeline to ease my worries as I made it through the hangover stage and annoying gas. But is anyone else emotional? Since day 11, I've just been a lot more weepy than usual. I'm getting teary at commercials, sad songs, happy songs… It's strange.

Hey Sudser

Yes I find I have signs and bouts with emotion from time to time Not frequent at all

It might be hormones resetting

If you were an occasional emotional eater before

Like me it's probably normal

Do you have a hobby or something you get lost in

or make you relax?

I'm sure a moderator will tell you more and ask the right questions

I have really enjoyed using the whole 30 timeline to ease my worries as I made it through the hangover stage and annoying gas. But is anyone else emotional? Since day 11, I've just been a lot more weepy than usual. I'm getting teary at commercials, sad songs, happy songs… It's strange.

You may have been very thoughtful and tender hearted to begin with.  Whole 30 is bringing everything to the surface.  Music moves me, too.   It is good  medicine.  

Thank you alL for the input. It, guess what, made me cry. I will definitely use all of your great advice and encouragement going forward,

Actually,  this is one time you should feel happy about being sad.   Some folks get meaner but you're just getting sweeter. 

It's an observation but whatever feelings we've hidden or stuffed down -  come bubbling back up to the top.  We are no longer using food to stuff them back down.  Stay in touch, keep us posted how you feel as the days pass by. 

• Administrators

Sometimes it's not even that you are MORE emotional than normal....but that you are no longer able to use food to quell the emotions so you are forced to actually feel them at full strength.  

Don't worry, it gets better!

Archived