Starting June 8, looking forward to better health and less fatigue

C_Cezeaux

I've been reading up and researching on the program and it sounds promising.  I used to eat this way, for the most part other than breads and cereals and I remember feeling so much better than I do now.  I let a sugar addiction creep back up on me and relaxed on not eating wheat, which I seem to have some sort of allergy to and I just feel tired, bloated, and generally not well.  My allergies have gone haywire.  And I have developed a stressful relationship with my scale.  Those daily digital readouts are something I could do without.

So I have cleared the kitchen of my temptations, stocked up lunch foods for my husband that I don't like so I won't be tempted to snack on his foods, and filled the fridge with fresh fruits and veggies.  My husband has promised me that I can make a good vinigrette with the coconut oil and vinegar, so my lunch salad will not change much other than the loss of the feta cheese, but I can live with that. :)

My biggest challenge will be at night, which is typically when I overeat on unhealthy junk food.  After working a 10 hour day 13 days a week, cooking is not always an option, but I'm hoping to be able to create enough salads and precook proteins so that I can keep something easy and quick for those nights when I'm just too tired to boil an egg.  And hopefully, after my systems dumps out toxins and starts to restore itself, I won't be so tired and cooking will get easier. 

I was on the scale this morning (of course!) so I know what I weigh before I start this, but I am banishing the scale to the closet for the next month.  I will be measuring myself in the morning and hoping for good things.  I can do this.

• Moderators

Hi there! 

For your too tired to cook nights, precooking is a great way to go -- you definitely want to have things on hand, so you're not tempted to go off plan simply because it's more convenient. If you haven't already read it, you might find this post about precooking from The Clothes Make The Girl helpful, and her No Recipe Required post lists a lot of combos of foods you can make to change things up, using pre-prepped ingredients. 

oh my gosh, am still realizing the amazing world of things I can eat out there!  I checked the links and there are things on there I love that I didn't even think about, gotta get my mind wrapped back around the idea that I am just eating right, not "dieting" - a tossed dinner of those cold ingredients that are not a "salad" sound heavenly.  Make another list, go back to the grocery store.  My mind is awhirl with the nuts, sweet potatoes, squash, and all those lovely things that can be cubed and tossed together and the end of the day.  Now to catch an hour and get things prepped...  I was planning on relying on eggs and some good veggie fillers and my main "go to" when I'm beat, but I think I can do better than that now with a little work before hand. This makes me more optimistic about behaving better after the 30.

Archived