So hungry after breakfast

Today is the start to my week 2. Yay! Anywho, I noticed that this morning when I woke up I wasn't hungry but after I had my breakfast I am starving! I had 5 egg whites, 1 whole egg, and a 1 cup of spinach cooked in 1tbsp ghee with half a baked sweet potato. It seems to fall into the food template but yet I am so hungry now. Is this common? 

Starving? Would you eat steamed fish and broccoli? If so, eat a mini meal.

My hunger varies during the month depending on my cycle and my workout schedule. So if you're hungry. Eat. But stick to the meal template rather than snacking.

Any reason you're just eating the whites? Why not 3 whole eggs? The extra fat may help keep you satiated longer?

Starving? Would you eat steamed fish and broccoli? If so, eat a mini meal.

My hunger varies during the month depending on my cycle and my workout schedule. So if you're hungry. Eat. But stick to the meal template rather than snacking.

Any reason you're just eating the whites? Why not 3 whole eggs? The extra fat may help keep you satiated longer?

I can definitely eat fish & broccoli. Will give that a try. 

Not really. I am borderline high cholesterol so I try to limit whole eggs but will give the 3 whole eggs a try tomorrow.  

I thought the egg yolk cholesterol thing had all been debunked? I'm a 104lb 5ft2 woman and I need four eggs for breakfast to hold me 4 hours. I do better with 3 eggs plus some other protein - chicken or pork usually.

You might also think about some additional green veggies with your breakfast. A cup of spinach cooks down to almost nothing by the time it hits your plate. You can try upping the greens or incorporate another veggie like broccoli, peppers, onions, mushrooms--whatever sounds good to you.

I had this issue too until I made sure I was eating a good amount of fat at breakfast.  A good scoop of guacamole on my eggs usually does the trick and I'm good until lunch.  I'm so used to a light, low fat breakfast (so I can eat more later) this has been my biggest challenge - but man oh man what a difference it makes to start the day off right.

Archived