Sleep

brooke26

Pre-Whole30, I had no sleep issues - I would fall asleep easily and get a solid 7-8+ hours every night. I'm on Day 9 now, and the past 3 nights my sleep has been terrible - it takes forever to fall asleep, and once I do, I am waking up constantly through the night.

I'm not eating after dinner (usually 6-7pm), and I am not a coffee/tea drinker, so no caffeine. I feel like my proportions of protein/fat/veggies are good - I am very rarely hungry between meals and I haven't been snacking at all. I feel like I'm doing everything "right", so I don't understand why my sleep is suddenly so terrible!

Any thoughts/suggestions? Anyone else having the same problem?

Hey there,

I'm on Day 2 and I also had some weird sleep disturbances. Got home from work and was exhausted--took a two hour nap, which I never do. But I couldn't get back to sleep until about 3am and even then, slept for 2 hours, got up and went to work, where I'm strangely bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

Last meal I had was light and early; I had an avocado at about 6pm.

I'm curious to hear other thoughts/experiences as well.

I seem to be having the opposite trouble! I'm on day 8 and have fallen asleep on the couch the last two nights at 8:15...I get up, and go to bed and sleep until the alarm goes off at 6:20 (unless my bladder wakes me up in the night). I realize it says on the program that I'll sleep longer...but is it normal to fall asleep so early?

Archived