Post Whole30 - What is Worse?

Since finishing our Whole 30 my husband and I have gone back to dairy and one thing I love is cream.  I use it in coffee, on berries, etc., and it doesn't seem to cause any issues for either of us luckily.  That said, today I noticed that there is carrageenan in the organic cream that we bought!  The non-organic brands don't have that though.

So, what is worse?  Or what is better?  Organic cream with carrageenan (supposedly from pasture-raised cows, Organic Vally brand) or non-organic cream?  

Non-organic is less than ideal in terms of nutrition and exposure to all the things that non-organically raised animals are exposed to, but carrageenan is a gut disruptor no matter the source. Personally, I avoid carageenan in whatever I'm buying.

Thanks for the replies.  I'm going to try and find another pastured/organic cream, of course, but the Whole Foods by us is really lacking right now.  I was surprised.  Maybe it is because it just opened (within a week) and they'll get a better selection soon.  

Can carrageenan cause heartburn?  I am 22 weeks pregnant and I have only had heartburn twice, once was today after having some berries with cream.  Ick.  I wonder if that's the carrageenan or something else.  

Have you considered trying out Half N Half instead?  Horizon makes an organic one that has  just "Organic Grade A Milk, Organic Grade A Cream".  I can find this at my regular grocery store, or they have it in a larger container at Costco. 

Archived