DH's gift on completing Whole30

HazelYu

I completed my Whole30 program last week and I have been announcing this for about a month now. And on the day this ended I came back home to find DH already waiting for me with a fresh flower bouquet and a cake. He was very happy for the effort I took and wanted to appreciate me for it. How did your parents or spouses react when you completed Whole30? Share your experiences.

Ha! My husband is very supportive of me, don't get me wrong. But last night I mentioned that I was on Day 17 and I was all proud about it, and he was like yup. He's not doing this with me and doesn't understand how I couldn't get through the first round (not in a mean way, he's just like how could you deprive yourself for so long and then break?). So I'm absolutely not expecting anything but a high five and him asking if we can have wine yet.

However... I plan on scheduling a massage for myself when I finish :)

Well I definitely don't want cake haha! That was very sweet of him though. I honestly just want the reward of more of my clothes starting to fit :) I already am feeling amazing and sleeping amazing and skin looks good on day 25. I think this is the first time I have truly done something for me, I have told myself in the past I was doing WW or whatever other diet for me but nope always failed and this time I am truly being selfish and buying what foods I need to be successful and really treating myself good from the inside out! 

Welp.  I have to agree with you, edgymama.   If Bear made me a cake on Day 31 or one showed up at the door,  I'd write "Return to Sender" on the card.   I'd prefer a new sun hat, toe nail polish or a trip to a day spa.   I haven't had cake or a cookie in well over a year but I am working daily on a bunch of sugar avoidance. 

How did my husband react?  Beamed with pride that I've made my health and overall well being a priority. 

Archived