Starting June15th

LanaJ

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone - I'm also starting the program on June 15th! It will be nice to have a support system!! I've been working on cleaning out my kitchen - a little bit every night. Sunday has been reserved for shopping and cooking.

Looking forward to starting this journey!

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah and I'm also starting on Monday the 15th. I'm so excited to see how different I feel and to really focus on eating super healthy. My parents are also doing it with me so I think that'll make it easier for us to keep each other on track. Can't wait!!

Yay! so happy to find a group that is starting June 15th. I will be joining you all! I am so nervous...Especially about only eating 3 meals a day. I hope we can all stay connected throughout the process and be one another's support system...this is not easy! but certainly worth it. I will be doing as much preparation as possible during the weekend..a lot of the preparation is mental! Hoping we all get great results out of this. Its about time I joined #thewhole30 train!

Glad to see I'm not alone! My boyfriend and I are also starting on the 15th.  We're in the process of cleaning out cabinets and planning our meals. I didn't realize how attached I was to having some sort of carb at breakfast until we started planning!  Anyways, I'm looking forward to reading up on everyone's progress over the next month!

Hi everyone, I'm Megan! I'm also starting on June 15th, and can't wait! I have a snacking addiction (especially when it comes to Hot Cheetos...) and I'm nervous to give these up for 30 days, but can't wait to see how my body responds at the end of this journey.

Hi everyone. My name is Steve and I'll be starting on the 15th as well. Since retiring I've become significantly overweight and lethargic. I'm hoping to positively impact both those areas by doing the Whole30 along with all of you. It would be great if we can find a way to support each other during this adventure!

I'll be starting too. Looking forward to getting things back in check! Will need the support to persevere. This will be my second Whole30. I did one last October. Felt and looked amazing. A lot more kitchen work but it will be worth it!

Hey everyone! I am just coming off of my Day 30 (Today!) and I want to continue and keep going. I loved the support that the starting date thread gave me (May 11th) and would like to join in with you all as well. If that is OK with you. I feel fantastic and I want to continue as I feel like I need more time then 30 days! I hope you all do really well, because this really does change your life!! 

Hello!

I too have decided to start June 15th. I have been suffering from ulcerative colitis, and although all the docs still say food has nothing to do with it, I thought i would give this a try , clear out all the bad stuff, and see if it makes a difference. 

Happy i can have my coffee, not sure what  it will be like with coconut milk. Looking for breakfast ideas that don't always include eggs, and eating leftover brisket! 

30 days here we go!

Hi, i want to start june 15th. Too, i just got a diagnosis with insulin resistance, wont be able to have kids yet but im still looking forward to it. Sorry for my bad english i am from venezuela. I woke up 5 am to run and into the gym right after, iis it good to eat some protein before and have my breakfast after the gym like 7 am? And dismiss the postworkout meal? I would like some help.

I woke up 5 am to run and into the gym right after, iis it good to eat some protein before and have my breakfast after the gym like 7 am? And dismiss the postworkout meal? I would like some help.

In this case, yes, for optimal hormonal balance, the idea is to eat something within 1 hour of waking. For this situation, I'd suggest the pre workout recommendation of protein and fat.  A hard-boiled egg would work here, as the egg white is protein and the yolk is fat.

You could then have your meal 1 after the gym.  If you find you're lagging in energy, you may want to experiment with adding a post-workout meal of protein and optional carb 15-30 minutes after your workout.

This will be my second time around. I successfully completed my first Whole 30 in early 2014 but I am definitely in need of reboot.

I've been toying with the idea of doing another one for a while now and I've had a couple attempts at doing a loose version ( LOL) but clearly I need to make a full commitment and so tomorrow it begins.

Good Luck everyone :)

Hey, everyone! I'm also starting June 15th. It's so neat to see such a list of people with this start date. I thought that there might not be many, since it's mid month.

I just created a flexible meal plan for the week, so my boyfriend and I can finish rounding up necessary groceries tomorrow. I'm a little nervous because I also start training for a new job this week, but I'm super excited to start with Whole30. Hope to keep talking with you all. Community is so important in life, I think.

Hi, my name is Justine! I'm also starting on Monday, June 15th. My best friend is doing it as well (although starting Tuesday), and my husband and mom (who lives with us) both say they are going to so we wil see... My biggest challenge is keeping the fridge and pantry stocked for my teenagers who are home for the summer and expect all of their favorite snacks! I recently found out I have Hashimoto's and am determined to get myself back to feeling energetic and healthy!

Hi everyone! I started today and would love to join you.  I have done several Whole30's and found the support of the online forums really helpful and motivating.  This is close to the one year anniversary of my very first Whole30, which was a life changing experience.  I haven't felt so good in years. It takes time and some effort, but there are some good tips and tricks to keep all that meal prep manageable, and my cooking skills improved a lot as an added bonus!

I am doing a cookup today to get ready for the week.  On the docket are many of my favorites from past Whole30's:

Turkey coconut stew with chard

Braised kale with bacon

Several platters of roasted veggies:  one each of brussels sprouts, green beans and parsnips/carrots

Pureed garlic cauliflower

Rosemary mashed stokes purple sweet potatoes

Lamb burgers with shallots

Someone asked about breakfasts.  I threw the traditional concept of breakfast out the window sometime during my first Whole30 because I got tired of eating that many eggs.  Even when I'm not on a Whole30, my Meal 1 has stayed pretty consistent:  I have a compliant sausage (I like Aidel's Chicken Apple) or a burger patty, a 1/2 avocado (be sure to eat lots of fats!  A lot of us have a hard time making that transition), and fill the rest of my plate with veggies - usually two types, something green and if I had a workout that day, something starchy.  This meal keeps me full until lunchtime.

Go, go, go June 15 group!  I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Archived