parasite cleanse (and maybe candida)

jm3

I'm interested in doing a parasite cleanse, and I'm learning that candida is often connected. I'm wondering a few things....Does the whole 30 have it's own cleansing abilities as some other elimination type diets do? I believe eliminating sugars alone has a benefit in this area, but I'm still learning.

Would it be better to do the whole 30 first and then after the 30 days are complete try a parasite/ candida cleanse, rather than doing a cleanse at the same time as the w30? Is it possible that if there is an underlying issue with parasites and candida that it would sabotage the success of the whole 30?

There are so many different diets out there, targeting different issues. I know several diets that touch on the issues of detox/cleansing. Does the whole 30 address detoxing at all? Thanks

• Moderators

The enthusiasm for cleanses and detoxes found in some parts of the food world is generally not common in the Whole30 neighborhood. I view most cleanses and detoxes as gimmicks with limited value. Eating real, whole food exclusively improves health broadly. Following another protocol first is generally a waste of time.

• 2 years later...

I think this individual is long gone but the Whole 30 is not a 'cleanse'.   If you're compliant for 30 days without loading up on dried fruit or the higher sugary fruits...you'll find yourself much freer of SIBO/Candida symptoms. 

As for parasites or tapeworms,  individuals may have to go to the doctor to get free from those beasties.

Archived