Can't do Pre-WO, medication conflicts?!

RunRunMama

First post so apologies if this has been discussed. I'm in the "planning" stages for my first Whole30, and I'm having an issue. I understand that the "preWO" meal is important. But I just can't figure out how to work it in! I am on synthroid for my hypothyroid, and I am supposed to take that one hour before eating first thing in the morning. My current routine goes wake up, nurse my little guy (12 months) while taking my synthroid with a big glass of water, get dressed, get stroller, and head out the door for a run with him. By the time we get back, it's time to eat. Of course I am starving because I've been nursing him all night and just ran, but it's tolerable... I don't feel weak or anything during my run.

I can't figure out how to get the Pre-WO meal in since I must wait an hour after taking the synthroid to eat. Going later is not an option because I have to take him with me (thus, outside, and here in coastal NC it gets hot quickly!). Getting up earlier isn't really an option either because he is already a very early riser. I guess what I am asking is since it's working out for me so far (though I am super hungry when it finally is time to eat!), is skipping the pre-WO meal okay? MUST I have the Pre-WO meal to ensure my Whole30 success?! 

If I absolutely NEED to eat something Pre-WO, any scheduling tips would be very much appreciated! Is there something I am just not thinking of?

I'd say that the postWO meal is more important - many people train fasted and it works for them - and provided that you are then eating your postWO meal within an hour of wakening, which going by your post you will be that schedule should be fine... Just don't then forgo meal one, your postWO meal is a bonus!!

Archived