Are any allergy meds okay?

letsgiveitago

My hubby has been taking a homeopathic allergy pill this season. We started Whole30 today and I noticed it has lactose in it. Zyertec has corn starch. He knows he has a milk allergy, so I'm sure the program will help, but he also has a hay and grass allergy. They have been awful the past week. Is he supposed to just "power through" or does anyone know of a whole30 approved allergy med? 

We do have access to melaluca essential oil, so that helps... just wondering if there's more.

Also I noticed our ibuprofen has corn starch also... same question with "powering through" headaches.

Does whole30 generally want you to stay drug free? I didn't see an info on that sort of thing.  

I don't have an answer about meds and Whole30 but I did notice you mentioned essential oils. To me that means you are open to essential oils as a remedy and I wanted to share the recipe I've been using to help with sinus issues through this allergy season. It's really helped to keep my sinuses clear and my bronchial tubes open. 

Sinus Blend = 25mL carrier oil (I like sweet almond but any carrier would work), 3 drops geranium, 3 drops eucalyptus radiata (the species of eucalyptus is important here as globula has different properties), 2 drops peppermint and 1 drop lavender. I apply this to my neck, chest and on my face (under eyes and forehead) after my shower. I also reapply as needed throughout the day at the base of my skull. It really helps to keep my sinuses from congesting, which always leads to other issues.

I also use a blend of 80 drop carrier, 60 drops lavender and 20 drops peppermint for headaches. It's been successful for stress headaches but not as much for environmental/allergy headaches. The sinus blend has actually been helpful with avoiding those headaches.

I hope you can get an answer on the allergy meds and that your husband can find relief. Allergies take all the fun out of summer!

Thanks for your guys' answers.

I'll have to look into investing into more essential oils to make the sinus relief mixture. It sounds like a good option. 

Thankfully no headaches yet and we're on day 2. I haven't checked if tylenol is whole30 approved yet or not. We'll see :) 

Archived