Anyone tried Paleo for Life subscription box?

misc_tara

Has anyone tried this? I'm only a few days into my first Whole30 and am avoiding pre-packaged compliant snacks for this phase but thought it might be something to try out after my 30 days to keep me motivated to stay on plan.

• Administrators

Hmmm....$33 per month for snacks.  I think I'd rather use that money to buy a better quality of meat and eggs.  Or more gourmet olives.  Or a spiralizer. Or a stick blender.   I think that thoughts are reality so if you set yourself up to believe that you need to snack throughout the day then you will need to.  ;)

From their website: Expect a mix of meat snacks, bars, cookies, veggie chips, granola, chocolate treats, seed and nut mixes, dried fruit and more! 

To me this is a perfect gateway right back into grazing and eating processed foods too often.

It's human nature to want to find replacement snacks for the all of the former snacks  enjoyed pre-Whole 30. Post Whole 30,  snacks won't motivate you to stick with the good habits that a Whole 30 instills.

You're only a few days in but if you'll ditch all snacking  present - post Whole 30,  the overall improvements to your health will motivate you to continue eating 3 meals aday,  4-5 hours apart...like waaay into your future.  

I plan to continue limiting snacking between meals, I'm more looking at something like this for the convenience factor and to try out brands not available at local stores.I chose to start Whole30 during a month where I am not travelling and have very few events that might derail me. However, being realistic this is not my typical schedule, I will need to have a stash of things to eat in a pinch (not just as snacks but as meals). 

(not just as snacks but as meals). 

yeah, this sort of stuff should not be your meals. Once you have gotten into the swing of things with the whole30 you will have an arsenal of easy food at your fingertips--stuff like hard boiled eggs, guacamole or paleo mayo, already roasted sweet potatoes, browned ground beef or lamb, canned salmon and tuna, already cut up veggies, etc. This is the stuff you should be eating especially when you are stressed and rushed.

Thanks for the suggestions, the meal planning and prep is a little overwhelming right now. Hopefully it will be easier by the end of the month and incorporating it into my typical schedule won't be as tough as I'm imagining it will be :)

Archived