2nd W30, Day 19 and I don't want this food anymore!

This is my second W30 (Day 19), I haven't been following the rules with balanced meals as well as I should the last 2 days because the thought of eating anything I'm allowed to have grosses me out. Has anybody run into this?

When I sit down to eat (even things I normally love like salmon) I'll eat a few bites before I have a hard time chewing, let alone swallowing, my food. What's wrong with me?

The past two days, I've only felt mildly hungry and my meals are pretty much a joke...

Yesterday:

1 cup of cantaloupe for breakfast

1 apple pie Larabar for lunch

Salmon, Yukon potatoes with ghee, and steamed broccoli for dinner

Today:

About 3 bites of breakfast casserole (with zucchini, carrots, and eggs) for breakfast

1 apple pie Larabar for lunch

Dinner yet to come

I have no history with eating disorders, I'm not coming down with a cold or the flu. I've read that this happens around day 21, but didn't run into this with my first W30, any thoughts?

• Administrators

Reduced appetite begets reduced appetite which can beget nausea and food aversion.  The first thing I would suggest is to absolutely not deal with your aversion to protein and fat by eating fruits and larabars.  If you can only eat a hard boiled egg or a couple bites of salmon before you feel yucky, eat it, pack the rest of your meal up and take it with you to eat again as soon as you feel able.  Eating fruits and larabars aren't going to to do this issue you're having any good at all. 

If you are female, is there a chance that you could be pregnant?

There's a summer stomach flu that is making the rounds in many states.  I've seen several people here with your same symptoms.   It's not really knocking them down, they just don't feel like eating anything in particular. 

I'm with ladyshanny in that I think you should plate a template meal, eat of it what you can, and then pack it up to eat as soon as you feel able. 

I've had a sinus infection over the past 5 days or so and this is exactly what I've been doing, and slowly but surely my appetite has come back & my taste buds are functioning again - I think it really helped that I was adding strong flavours to my meals.

Don't get into that vicious cycle of fruit & larabars which will send your blood sugars all over the place so as you'll not know when you are truly hungry or when you are not...

Archived