First Whole30 -- complete!

pinkiejennie

I'm about a week finished my from first Whole30 and wanted to post because reading these success stories helped me so much last month while I was trying to keep motivated. 

Results

I'm down:

• 10 pounds
  • 2.5" off my hips
  • 3" off my waist
  • 1/2" off my arms

The first couple weeks were really hard. I was incredibly congested the first week--allergies or a cold, I don't know. And then I felt tired for a while. The third week there were some nights that I had to take naps in the evening or went to bed at 8. And there were four nights in a row that I dreamed about ice cream. But somewhere in all of this, other things started to change, almost so slowly that I didn't realize it was happening. 

My mood was better. I was more optimistic and felt like this was something I really could do. I didn't get Tiger Blood, but my energy started to even out. My body wanted to move more, so I started walking, then jogging a little. I'm taking yoga 2-3 times a week. I find myself being much kinder to myself in my head. I feel like I'm treating myself with respect and love, and this mental shift has been huge. I can feel the "brakes" on my food and I'm listening to my body. 

I enjoyed the experience so much that I'm going to stay Whole30 as much as possible. 

Tips

My biggest tip for being successful is to 1) take time to do a big prep once a week, and 2) make sure you are stocked with things that you can grab or just assemble. A "naked" rotisserie chicken, roasted sweet potatoes, cut-up veggies, roasted veggies, washed greens, avocados and hardboiled eggs were my staples.

Other Findings

• Ghee is crazy delicious and I may never go back to butter.
  • Scrambled eggs with coconut oil is A+. 
  • Coconut aminos are totally worth buying and I would use them instead of soy sauce anytime. 
  • I made mayo and never really used it. 
  • Pesto and zataar spice are a cure-all for bland fish, potatoes, veggies. 

Good luck with your Whole30 and thank you to everyone who participates in this community who helped me through mine without know you did!

Archived